On this page:
- Mad. a.k.a. Madagascar, officially the Republic of Madagascar and previously known as the Malagasy Republic, is an island country in the Indian Ocean, off the coast of Southeast Africa. The nation comprises the island of Madagascar, as well as numerous smaller peripheral islands. Following the prehistoric breakup of the supercontinent Gondwana, Madagascar split from India around 88 million years ago, allowing native plants and animals to evolve in relative isolation. Consequently, Madagascar is a biodiversity hotspot; over 90 percent of its wildlife is found nowhere else on Earth. The island's diverse ecosystems and unique wildlife are threatened by the encroachment of the rapidly growing human population and other environmental threats.
- Mad. a.k.a. Mád is a village in Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén County in northeastern Hungary.
- also known as 马德
- part of Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén County
- Mad. a.k.a. Mad is a village and municipality in the Dunajská Streda District in the Trnava Region of south-west Slovakia.
- Mad. a.k.a. Adolfo Suárez Madrid–Barajas Airport is the main international airport serving Madrid in Spain. In 2011 and 2010, over 49 million passengers used Madrid–Barajas, making it the country's largest and busiest airport, and in 2013 it was Europe's sixth busiest airport. It opened in 1928, and has grown to be one of the most important aviation centres of Europe. Located within the city limits of Madrid, just 9 km from the city's financial district and 13 km northeast of the Puerta del Sol, Madrid's historic centre. The airport name derives from the adjacent district of Barajas, which has its own metro station on the same rail line serving the airport.
- also known as Madrid Barajas Airport
- part of Spain
- official website: www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Satellite/Aeropuerto-Madrid-Barajas/es/Inicio.html
- Mad. a.k.a. Madeline Zima: Madeline Rose Zima is an American actress. She is best known for portraying Grace Sheffield on the series The Nanny, Mia Lewis on the Showtime comedy drama series Californication, and Gretchen Berg on Heroes.
- Mad. a.k.a. Madison Leisle is an American child actress. She is most famous for her recurring role in the television shows, Ghost Whisperer, where she portrayed Julia Miller, and Grey's Anatomy as Lisa the child. She also has a role in the 2010 movie Kill Katie Malone. She has also appeared in a number of independent films and short films.
Mad. a.k.a. MAD is a hard rock band from Buenos Aires, Argentina. It was formed in 1997.
- "Mad." a.k.a. "Mad" is a song by American pop/R&B singer Ne-Yo. It is the third single from his album Year of the Gentleman and was produced by Stargate and himself.
- "Mad." a.k.a. "Mad": The M.A.D. EP is a 2009 EP by New Rave band Hadouken!. It was released on 14 September 2009. It was released in the UK as a digital download EP, however, a CD single is available in Japan. M.A.D. stands for Mutually Assured Destruction. The title track later appeared on the band's second studio album, For the Masses.
- "Mad." a.k.a. "Mad" is an EP released by English heavy metal band Raven in 1986, after the debacle of the album The Pack Is Back, which received very bad reviews and insignificant commercial success. The songs of this EP mark the return to a more aggressive and metallic sound. It has never been re-released on CD. Its tracks were released as bonus tracks on other CD releases.
- genre: Heavy metal
- released in (29 years ago)
- "Mad." a.k.a. "Mad" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- "Mad." a.k.a. "Mad" is a musical single of Ebru.
- released on
- "Mad." a.k.a. "Mad" is a musical single of G-Eazy.
- released on
- "Mad." a.k.a. "Mad" is a musical album of Vassy.
- released on
- "Mad." a.k.a. "Mad" is a musical album of MAD.
- released in (17 years ago)
- "Mad." a.k.a. "Mad" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- music by Lou Reed
- "Mad." a.k.a. "Mad" is a musical single of Kurtis Mantronik.
- released in (17 years ago)
- "Mad." a.k.a. "Mad" is a musical album of Hillbilly Headhunters.
- released in (23 years ago)
- Mad. a.k.a. Mad is an American humor magazine founded by editor Harvey Kurtzman and publisher William Gaines in 1952. Launched as a comic book before it became a magazine, it was widely imitated and influential, impacting not only satirical media but the cultural landscape of the 20th century, with editor Al Feldstein increasing readership to more than two million during its 1970s circulation peak.
- also known as MAD Magazine
- official website: www.dccomics.com/mad
- Mad. a.k.a. Mad is an American animated sketch comedy produced by Warner Bros. Animation. It is a new version of the TV show Mad TV, where each episode is a collection of short animated parodies of television shows, movies, games, celebrities, and other media using various types of animation instead of the usual animation style that Warner Bros. Animation is known for. The series premiered on the evening of September 6, 2010 on Cartoon Network. It has been described as a "kid-friendly version of Robot Chicken". The series ended on December 2, 2013 after 3 years on television.
- begun on (5 years ago)
- 103 episodes of 15 or 11 minutes each, in 2 seasons
- country: United States of America
- created by William Gaines
- regular cast:
- genres: Sketch comedy, Animation, Comedy
- award: - Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Short-format Animation (Kitchen Nightmare Before Christmas, How I Met Your Mummy) nomination for Sam Register, Kevin Shinick, Mark Marek, Aaron Blitzstein, Marly Halpern-Graser, Steve Borst, Greg White & Aaron Horvath
- official website: www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/mad/index.html
- Mad. a.k.a. Moroccan dirham: The dirham is the currency of Morocco. The plural form is pronounced darahim, although in French and English "dirhams" is commonly used. Its ISO 4217 code is "MAD". It is subdivided into 100 santimat. The dirham is issued by the Bank Al-Maghrib, the central bank of Morocco.
- also known as 摩洛哥迪尔汗
- official website: www.bkam.ma
- Mad. a.k.a. Madura Language: Madurese is a language of the Madurese people of Madura Island and eastern Java, Indonesia; it is also spoken on the neighbouring small Kangean Islands and Sapudi Islands, as well as from migrants to other parts of Indonesia, namely the Tapal Kuda area of neighbouring Java, the Masalembu Islands, and even some on Kalimantan. The Kangean dialect may be a separate language. It was traditionally written in the Javanese script, but the Latin script is now more commonly used. The number of speakers, though shrinking, is estimated to be 8-13 million.
- also known as Madhura, Basa Mathura, Madurese, Madura, Madurese language
- Mad. a.k.a. MAD is a programming language and compiler for the IBM 704 and later the IBM 709, IBM 7090, IBM 7040, UNIVAC 1107, UNIVAC 1108, Philco 210-211, and eventually the IBM S/370 mainframe computers. Developed in 1959 at the University of Michigan by Bernard Galler, Bruce Arden and Robert M. Graham, MAD is a variant of the ALGOL language. It was widely used to teach programming at colleges and universities during the 1960s and played a minor role in the development of CTSS, Multics, and the Michigan Terminal System computer operating systems.
- Mad. a.k.a. MAD was a global MUD, similar to MUD1, which ran on "FREMP11", the BITNET node operated by the École Nationale Supérieure des Mines de Paris. The MUD was developed by Bruno Chabrier and Vincent Lextrait, two students at the school, and began operating in 1984.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for MAD.
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about MAD.
Photo credit: Bruno Henrique Baruta Barreto
Quotes about MAD.
Anagrams of MAD.
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of MAD.!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of MAD. to see it in context!