On this page:
Who is Madame Roland?
Madame Roland: Marie-Jeanne Phlippon Roland, better known simply as Madame Roland and born Marie-Jeanne Phlippon, was, together with her husband Jean-Marie Roland de la Platière, a supporter of the French Revolution and influential member of the Girondist faction. She fell out of favour during the Reign of Terror and died on the guillotine.
- also known as Roland
- born on (261 years ago) in Paris
- nationality: France
- Marriage with Jean-Marie Roland, vicomte de la Platière
- died on (222 years ago) in Paris of guillotine
- written works: "An appeal to impartial posterity, 1795", "The memoirs of Madame Roland", "The private memoirs of Madame Roland"
Madame Roland is a fictional character from the 2009 film Chéri.
- "Madame Roland" is a book by Mathilde Blind.
- genres: Autobiography, Biography
- subjects: History, France, Napoleonic era
- "Madame Roland" is a book by Ida Tarbell.
- genres: Biography, Autobiography
- subjects: France, History, Napoleonic era
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Madame Roland
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Whirligig of Time (2010)
Margaret Oliphant in Her Later Years by Judith van Oosterom-Pooley
Madame Roland is a woman full of vigour, with "splendid vitality" and an " intelligence, pure and clear", who is a dutiful wife "in devotion to the task" and " shrinking from none of its requirements", though not averse to taking a lover. The latter ...
by Mme Roland (Marie-Jeanne)
f By Quintiui, Madame Roland means Lucius £>uiiitius ...
Pro - Zyp by Joseph Thomas
Dauban, "fitude sur Madame Roland et son Temps, suivie des Lettres de Madame Roland a Buzot," 1S64 ; " Memoires de Madame Roland e'crites durant sa Captivity," nouvelle Edition, revue et complete par M. P. Faugese, 1864 ; ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Madame Roland
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Anagrams of MADAME ROLAND
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Madame Roland!
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Madame Roland for some fun with words!