Mafia appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- Tessa, if a man I draw deems Neve’s DNA sexist amid exams a hobo has maxed, I’m at sixes and sevens… me, Edward, in a mafia’s set!
On this page:
- Definition of the noun mafia
- Phrases with Mafia
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Mafia
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Mafia
- Photos about Mafia
- Video language resources about Mafia
- Quotes about Mafia
- Scrabble value of M3A1F4I1A1
- Anagrams of MAFIA
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun mafia
What does mafia mean as a name of something?
noun - plural:
- mafia: mafias
- Mafia: Mafias
- a crime syndicate in the United States; organized in families; believed to have important relations to the Sicilian Mafia
- lexical domain: Groups - nouns denoting groupings of people or objects
- synonyms of Mafia: Cosa Nostra / Maffia
- more generic terms: crime syndicate / family / mob / syndicate = a loose affiliation of gangsters in charge of organized criminal activities
- member: mafioso = a member of the Mafia crime syndicate in the United States
- a secret terrorist group in Sicily; originally opposed tyranny but evolved into a criminal organization in the middle of the 19th century
- any tightly knit group of trusted associates
Alternative definition of the noun mafia
- A crime syndicate
- A trusted group of associates of a political leader
- An in-group
Who is Mafia?
Mafia is a film actor.
- profession: Actor
- read more about Mafia (actor)
Phrases with Mafia
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Mafia
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Suitable Amount of Crime (2004)
by Nils Christie
The Mafia is a handy explanation. In addition comes the...
by Oswald Pereira
The Newsroom Mafia is a daring book. Tehelka With a dangerous blend between fiction and reality comes Oswald Pereira's The Newsroom Mafia. The Tossed Salad The Newsroom Mafia oozes tremendous cinematic appeal.
History, Politics, Society by Andrea Mammone, Ercole Giap Parini, Giuseppe A. Veltri
The problem with the word mafia is that internationally it evokes a large number of stereotypes, that is, it brings to mind...
Organized Crime (2009)
by Howard Abadinsky
The Mafia is the direct descendant of a criminal organization of the same name originating in the island of Sicily.
The Mafia is a loose-knit organization specializing in the sale and distribution of narcotics, the conduct of various gambling ...
Italy in Pictures (2002)
by Alison Behnke
become legendary—and possibly exaggerated—through movies and stories, the Mafia is a very real presence in Italy. Originating in Sicily and dating back as far as the fourteenth or fifteenth century, the Mafia is an organization that engages ...
CHAPTER III MAFIA There is no hard and fast line between the social banditry of the last chapter and the movements to be discussed in this, of which the Sicilian Mafia is the most interesting and persistent. Both are exceedingly primitive, not ...
by Margaret E. Beare
The Mafia is a secret criminal organization that originated in Sicily.
Myth 1: The Mafia Operates in America and Around the World The most pervasive and enduring myth about the Mafia is that the organization simply transplanted itself en ...
by Ilya Zemtsov
Mafia (Mafiya). A clandestine criminal organization resorting to blackmail, violence and murder, known for its close links with government authorities, the public prosecutor's office, and the judiciary. From the Soviet standpoint, mafias exist only ...
by Larry E Sullivan, Marie Simonetti Rosen, Dorothy M Schulz, M. R. Haberfeld
Today, the term Mafia, which properly refers to a specific group indigenous to Sicily (and that is also known as “the Mob”), is often used generically to refer to any group engaged in organized crime or, indeed, other conspiratorial behavior.
Collier's New Encyclopedia (1921)
A Loose-leaf and Self-revising Reference Work ; with Illustrations and Ninety-six Maps
MAFIA (ma-fé'ii), THE, 9. Sicilian secret society akin to the CAMORRA (q. '0.) in Naples. The Mafia, under one designation or another, runs back to the Middle Ages. It punished crimes against itself by death. Under the Bourbons its simplest ...
Volume 12: Music by Bill C. Malone
and Memphis collective Three 6 Mafia, have released Chopped & Screwed versions of earlier albums, tapping specialist djs to create ...
by Dale Erwin, Tessa Fedele
mafia n. mafia. mafioso n. mafiuso. magazine n. revista. magic 1. n. ncantesemo, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Mafia
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Mafia
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Mafia Island.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Mafia
Click on an item to play that video:
- 36 Mafia - Slang N Serve (Remake By D.Truman ) - & FREE FLP D/L FL STUDIO
This is a remake request of the hood classic Slang N Serve BY T-Rock from Hypnotized Mindz Choices soundtrack and movie.
- Sand Mafia | High Court Seeks Explanation from Government | Sand Maffia Attacks | V6News
- Mafia Casino English Explanation
- Mafia Robots do Terminology
- Hazel in the hall way at home SLANG GAME MAFIA
- An explanation of how to recruit more mafia members on BigDog Mafia and how to train them
- Very Brief Description of Mafia (Party Game)
Mafia (Party Game) described vaguely, and briefly by yours truly. For a more in depth description, feel free to look into it!
- 11-411/611 Natural Language Processing - Alpha Mafia
See also the pronunciation examples of Mafia!
Quotes about Mafia
Scrabble value of M3A1F4I1A1
The value of this 5-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of MAFIA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Mafia!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Mafia to see it in context!