Mag appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- Em, a fungi mag I rotate: got to get at origami gnu fame.
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun mag:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun mag
- Phrases with Mag
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Mag
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Mag
- Photos about Mag
- Videos about Mag
- Quotes about Mag
- Scrabble value of M3A1G2
- Anagrams of MAG
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun mag
What does mag mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: mags
- a periodic publication containing pictures and stories and articles of interest to those who purchase it or subscribe to it
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- synonym of mag: magazine
- more generic terms: press / public press = the print media responsible for gathering and publishing news in the form of newspapers or magazines; publication = a copy of a printed work offered for distribution
- more specific terms:
- colour supplement = a magazine that is printed in color and circulated with a newspaper
- comic book = a magazine devoted to comic strips
- news magazine = a magazine devoted to reports of current events
- pulp magazine / pulp = an inexpensive magazine printed on poor quality paper
- slick magazine / glossy / slick = a magazine printed on good quality paper
- trade magazine = a magazine published for and read by members of a particular trade group
Alternative definition of the noun mag
- [qualifier, colloquial abbreviation] magazine, the publication or ammunition
- [qualifier, colloquial abbreviation] magnet
- [qualifier, colloquial abbreviation] mag wheel
"MAG", previously titled MAG: Massive Action Game, was an online multiplayer-only first-person shooter video game developed by Zipper Interactive for the PlayStation 3. The game was announced at Sony's E3 2008 press conference. Various subtitles were being considered for the game, including MAG: Shadow War, MAG: Zero, MAG: Global Assault and MAG: Final Hour. The game was released in North America on January 26, 2010, mainland Europe on January 27 and the United Kingdom on January 29. It was released in Australia and New Zealand on February 11, 2010. MAG received an award from Guinness World Records as "Most Players in a Console FPS" with 256 players.
- also known as Massive Action Game, SOCOM: MAG
- mode: Multiplayer video game
- developer: Zipper Interactive
- genres: Massively multiplayer online game, Shooter game, First-person Shooter, Action game
- publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
- released on (5 years ago)
"Mag" a.k.a. "MÁG" is a 1987 Czechoslovak film. The film starred Josef Kemr.
- country: Czechoslovakia
- language: Czech Language
- director: František Vláčil
- genre: Drama
- released in (27 years ago)
Mag is a fictional character from the 2003 film Operation Balikatan.
- MAG is a singer and rapper.
- Mag a.k.a. Magalie Magnan is a film editor.
- read more about Magalie Magnan
Mag a.k.a. Mag+ is a software development company focused on creating tools for digital publishing to tablets and smartphones.
Mag a.k.a. Madang Airport, is an airport located in Madang, Papua New Guinea.
- Mag a.k.a. The Magahi language is a language spoken in India and Nepal. In Nepal it is known as ancient Nepali. Magadhi Prakrit was the ancestor of Magadhi, from which the latter's name derives. The ancestral language, Magadhi Prakrit, is believed to be the language spoken by the Buddha, and the language of the ancient kingdom of Magadha. Magadhi is closely related to Bhojpuri and Maithili, and these languages are sometimes referred to as a single language, Bihari. These languages, together with several other related languages, are known as the Bihari languages, which form a sub-group of the Eastern Zone of Indo-Aryan languages. Magadhi has approximately 18 million speakers.
- also known as Magodhi, Maghaya, Magi, Magadhi, Magaya, Bihari, Maghori, Maghai, Megahi
- mag is a gene.
- Mag was a Slovenian language weekly news and political magazine published in Slovenia between 1994 and 2010.
- MAG: In cryptography, MAG is stream cipher algorithm developed by Rade Vuckovac. It has been submitted to the eSTREAM Project of the eCRYPT network. It has not been selected for focus, nor for consideration in Phase 2; it has been 'archived'.
- Mag is a file format.
- Mag a.k.a. Mag. is a board member title.
- Mag a.k.a. myelin associated glycoprotein is a gene.
- also known as myelin-associated glycoprotein, sialic acid-binding immunoglobulin-like lectin 4A
- Mag a.k.a. malignancy-associated protein is a gene.
Phrases with Mag
Phrases starting with the word Mag:
Phrases ending with the word Mag:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Mag
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
11th International Workshop, WISA 2010, Jeju Island, Korea, August 24-26, 2010, Revised Selected Papers by Yongwha Chung, Moti Young
MAG is a first router that MN is connected to and has global address called ProxyCoA (Proxy Care-of Address).
by Ahmet Kondoz, Tasos Dagiuklas
MAG is a function on an access router that manages the mobility-related signalling for a mobile node that is attached to its access link. It is responsible for tracking the mobile node's movements to and from the access link and for signalling the ...
by Karl Fritiof Sundén
Now, Mag is the usual pet-name for Margaret, and at the same time the regular abbreviation of Magdalen. In this particular instance ...
by Kunal Chakrabarti, Shubhra Chakrabarti
The term Mag refers to the seafaring men from Arakan (roughly corresponding to the present Rakhine State of Myanmar, located to the southeast of Chittagong, Bangladesh) and is usually associated with piracy. The Mags were excellent ...
by David Comfort
Still, something must be salvaged from the slush lest outsiders suspect that a university lit mag is a vanity press for its MFA franchise or, worse, that academia is less an open-armed meritocracy than a Skull and Bones society. To further ward ...
ICWL 2011 International Workshops, KMEL, ELSM, and SPeL, Hong Kong, December 8-19, 2011; ICWL 2012 International Workshops, KMEL, SciLearn, and CCSTED, Sinaia, Romania, September 2-4, 2012, Revised Selected Papers by Dickson K.W. Chiu, Minhong Wang, Elvira Popescu, Qing Li, Rynson Lau
Mag is a multifunctional educational system that fulfills three primary goals : • Provide a tutoring system for learners in a platform-independent manner • Provide teachers with useful reports that identify the strengths and weaknesses of the ...
First International Conference, HPCC 2005, Sorrento, Italy, September, 21-23, 2005, Proceedings by Jack Dongarra, Laurence T. Yang, Omer F. Rana, Beniamino Di Martino
MAG is an extension of Antecedence Graph of Manetho system  and it is used for garbage collections conditions of message determinant logs and message content logs. Unlike Manetho system that needs additional messages for garbage ...
Is There a Court for Gaza? (2012)
A Test Bench for International Justice by Chantal Meloni, Gianni Tognoni
The centralization of all authorities in the hands of the Military Advocate General (MAG) The MAG is the legal advisor to the army, in charge of ...
MAG VERBS Mag is an active verbal affix Шее um which is annexed to the root word. Some root words use only um ...
by Jamieson, Fausset, and Brown
Mag is a Persian word, meaning “great,” “powerful.” The magi were a sacerdotal caste among the Medes, and supported the Zoroastrian religion. 4. the king's garden—The “gate” to it from the upper, city above was appropriated to the kings ...
by Patricia Monaghan
Mag Mell action might be taken for a communal good. For example, a SATIRE might drive an ungenerous king from the throne; what seems an action of personal vengeance has at its base the social duty of the BARD to assure that wealth ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Mag
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Mag
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Paula Venancio
Making sure she's getting the spelling right on the name.
Photo credit: Corey Ann
Photo credit: Satterwhite.B
- Mag Pie
Photo credit: alan.addison14
- MAG show!
the evening was magnificent!
Photo credit: Alan, Lizixiang！
- Durruti mag
(more images in comments)
Photo credit: edu piracés
- Baby Mag Pie
Photo credit: alan.addison14
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Mag
Click on an item to play that video:
- Bass Musician Mag - Expanding the Slap Bass Vocabulary by Ray Riendeau - Jul 2015
Ray Riendeau teaches you how to expand your Slap bass Vocabulary!
- Pam winters mag ik dan bij jou (dialect)
- Dorothee Spijker Mag ik dan bij jou in dialect, Mag ik dan bij oe
dialect versie van Dorothee Spijker op het nummer Mag ik dan bij jou, door Claudia de Breij.
- Akios 555/656 CTM PMR Bespoke Custom Tournament Mag Kit Explanation and Instalation
- Mag Meaning
Video shows what mag means. magazine, the publication or ammunition. magnet. mag wheel. mag pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary ...
- Eigenaar ontsnapte slang Made mag twee jaar geen gifslangen meer houden
De eigenaar van de giftige Cobra die in september ontsnapte in Made, mag voorlopig geen gifslangen meer houden. Dat heeft de rechter in Breda vandaag ...
- ULA INTERVIEW: IDIOM MAG
- WAD MAG / DICTIONARY ISSUE
- ROCKETS Mag Cats in the Cradle ESL 77
- VooDoo Smart Iptv Mag 250/254/255 Subscription More Than 11 Language
Mag 250/254/255 iptv set top box which features live HD Channels, No buffering, No freezing. English,Arabic,Hindi, Pakistani,Tamil, Bangle,Spanish,Portuguese ...
- Whats NEW C4 Full description, along with Mark Mag
Part 1 of 2.
See also the pronunciation examples of Mag!
Quotes about Mag
Scrabble value of M3A1G2
The value of this 3-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of MAG
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Mag!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Mag to see it in context!