On this page:
- Definition of the adjective magnificent
- Phrases with Magnificent
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Magnificent
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Magnificent
- Photos about Magnificent
- Video language resources about Magnificent
- Quotes about Magnificent
- Scrabble value of M3A1G2N1I1F4I1C3E1N1T1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective magnificent
What does magnificent mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more magnificent / most magnificent
- characterized by grandeur
Alternative definition of the adjective magnificent
- Grand, elegant or splendid in appearance.
- Grand or noble in action.
- Exceptional for its kind.
Magnificent is a record label.
- "Magnificent" is a song by U2. It is the second track on the band's 2009 album No Line on the Horizon and was released as the album's second single. The song was originally titled "French Disco", but was renamed later in the recording sessions. It is played before the start of every New York Rangers home game at Madison Square Garden.
- "Magnificent" is the first official single from Rick Ross's third album Deeper Than Rap. It features John Legend and is produced by J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League. The song samples "Gotta Make It Up To You" by Angela Bofill and also contains an interpolation of "I'm The Magnificent" by Special Ed.
- "Magnificent" a.k.a. "Magnificent!" is an album by pianist Barry Harris recorded in 1969 and released on the Prestige label.
- genre: Jazz
- released in (45 years ago)
- "Magnificent" is a musical single of U2.
- also known as Magnificent (remixes)
- released on (6 years ago)
- "Magnificent" is a composition.
- "Magnificent" is a musical single of Iz & Diz.
- released on (9 years ago)
- "Magnificent" is the 2009 single by Rick Ross featuring John Legend.
Phrases with Magnificent
- Magnificent Rams-Horn
- Magnificent Riflebird
- Magnificent Cotoneaster
- Magnificent Frigatebird
- Magnificent Hummingbird
- Magnificent Swallowtail
- Magnificent Hummingbirds
- Magnificent Web-Footed Salamander
- lorenzo the magnificent
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Magnificent
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Bill Palmer, Karen Palmer, Ric Meyers
Magnificent Concubine (1962). (Yang Kwei Fei). Pro.Co: Shaw Brothers; Dir: Li Han-hsiang: Pro: Run Run Shaw; Cast: Li Li~hua. Based on a traditional Chinese opera. this costume drama won a prize at the 1962 Cannes Film Festival for best ...
by Walter W. Skeat, Walter William Skeat
Magnificent, Magnify, Magnilo quence ; see Magnitude. Magnitude, greatness. (T, .) L. magnitude, size. — L. magnus, great. + Gk. piyat, great ; Skt. ma/iant, great ; A. S. mictl. See Mickle. magistrate. (F.-L.) F. magistral, a magistrate, ruler.
An Encyclopedia by Philip C. DiMare
—James Delmont MAGNIFICENT SEVEN, THE. The Magnificent Seven (1960) is a Western produced and directed by John Sturges that was based on the 1954 film Shichinin no Samurai (Seven Samurai), directed by Akira Kurosawa.
by Michael Dirr
The magnificent specimen trees at Kew Gardens, England, inspire casual and serious visitors alike. Fruit are 2- to 3-in.-wide, rounded, roughened capsules. Grows to full genetic potential, 50 to 60 ft. high and wide, in moist soil, cool climate, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Magnificent
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Magnificent
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Cea.
a lot more from this city is coming...
Sigma 10-20 F/4-5.6 at 10mm f/4
converted to Ilford Delta 100 Pro
Photo credit: gregorfischer.photography
Photo credit: Maurice King
Photo credit: rebekamusprime
Photo credit: thekirbster
Photo credit: JavaSquid
An open-top Fiat President still in use as a taxi in Capri. In perfect order - lovely!
Photo credit: ndrwfgg
Photo credit: Felex
Photo credit: mikecogh
Momma and brand new baby.
Photo credit: Oddernod
- Magnificent Miura.
It was an utter privilege and the chance of a lifetime to see one of these almost mythically rare and exotic cars. They are actually quite big cars, but very low and absolutely gorgeous. One of the highlights of Ellerslie this year without doubt.
Photo credit: NZ Car Freak
Melbourne's magnificent 19th century St. Paul's Cathedral. Oct-Nov '13.
Photo credit: Nagarjun
- Magnificent Maps
Photo credit: Vicchi
- Magnificent scenery
Photo credit: bassak1
- Magnificent Candelabra
* Magnificent stylized sterling candelabra
* Marked at the bottom "W.M. Rogers"
* Holds 3 candles (.75" thick)
* Has residue from earlier polish attempt (white chalky polish)
* Appears to be sterling due to the stamp at the coloring of the existing tarnish, would look unbelievably fantastic if polished correctly
All proceeds help us continue the fight against HIV/AIDS and homelessness
Photo credit: HousingWorksPhotos
- Magnificent evening
Photo credit: Infomastern
- Magnificent Montesolaro
Photo credit: Fatbooo
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Magnificent
Click on an item to play that video:
- Magnificent Meaning
Video shows what magnificent means. Grand, elegant or splendid in appearance.. Grand or noble in action.. Exceptional for its kind.. magnificent pronunciation.
- What is VoIP PBX, a Magnificent Explanation on Voice over IP Private Branch eXchanges
VoIP PBX, is also known as IP PBX, is a telecommunication system particularly used by different businesses. Open this page: ...
- Calibration "calibration " with the definition magnificent "
- Linda's description of her magnificent you from her new apartment park
View more videos about The Magnificent.
See also the pronunciation examples of Magnificent!
Quotes about Magnificent
Scrabble value of M3A1G2N1I1F4I1C3E1N1T1
The value of this 11-letter word is 19 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine