On this page:
- Definition of the noun maharaja
- Phrases with Maharaja
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Maharaja
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Maharaja
- Photos about Maharaja
- Video language resources about Maharaja
- Scrabble value of M3A1H4A1R1A1J8A1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun maharaja
What does maharaja mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: maharajas
- a great raja; a Hindu prince or king in India ranking above a raja
- "Maharaja" is a 1998 bollywood supernatural superhero film directed by Anil Sharma. It stars Govinda and Manisha Koirala in the title roles. It is about the struggle of a prince with supernatural powers to get his kingdom back. After the surprise big hit of Mr. India as a superhero movie, Maharaja came out with a bigger budget film in the same genre. Maharaja is considered to be a pioneer in Hindi superhero films.
- country: India
- language: Hindi Language
- producer: Naraindas Mukhija
- written by Shyam Goel & Anil Sharma
- Shakti Kapoor as Bhalu Prasad Bihari Orey
- Manisha Koirala as Shaili Mathur
- Raj Babbar as Ali
- Govinda as Kohinoor Karan
- Ishrat Ali as Devkaran
- Neelam Mehra
- Salim Ghouse as Ranvir Singh
- Aruna Irani as Ameenabi
- Kulbhushan Kharbanda as Hanuman Baba
- Aparajita as Kohinoor's mom
- Shyam Bahadur
- Birbal as Train passenger
- Prem Chopra as Suryamani
- Amit Ghanshyam
- music by Nadeem–Shravan, Nadeem Saifee, Shravan Rathod
- genres: Adventure Film, Family, Fantasy, Romance Film, Bollywood, World cinema
- released on (17 years ago)
- "Maharaja" is a 2005 Kannada family-drama film directed by Om Sai Prakash featuring Sudeep and Nikita Thukral in the lead roles. The film features background score and soundtrack composed by S. A. Rajkumar and lyrics by K. Kalyan and V. Nagendra Prasad. The film released on 14 January 2005.
- country: India
- language: Kannada Language
- producer: R.S. Gowda
- written by V. Nagendra Prasad & K. Kalyan
- Sudeep as Surya
- Nikita Thukral as Sitara
- Bharathi Vishnuvardhan as Annapoorna
- Ashok as Rajashekar
- Avinash as Vishakantayya
- Doddanna as Kitapathi Naga
- Tennis Krishna as Gunjappa
- Dharma as Surya's brother in law
- Kishan Shrikanth
- Adarsh as Kiran
- Bharath Bhagavathar as Surya's brother #1
- Aravind as Surya's brother #2
- Narendra Babu Sharma as Predictor
- Aanjanappa as Circle Inspector
- cinematography by J.G. Krishna
- edited by P.R. Soundar Raj
- music by S. A. Rajkumar
- genres: Family, Drama
- released on (10 years ago)
- "Maharaja" is a Tamil film directed by Manoharan. It stars Nassar, Sathya and Anjali in the lead roles.
- country: India
- language: Tamil Language
- producer: J. Ravi
- written by Manoharan
- based on a story by Manoharan
- cinematography by V. Lakshmipathi
- edited by Sai Suresh
- music by D. Imman
- genres: Drama, Tamil cinema, World cinema
- released on (4 years ago)
- Maharaja is a fictional character from the 1972 film Gora Aur Kala.
- Maharaja is a fictional character from the 1964 film Raaj Kumar.
- Maharaja is a fictional character from the 1965 film Shakespeare Wallah.
- Maharaja is a fictional character from the 2005 film Athbhutha Dweepu.
- Maharaja is a fictional character from the 1977 film Dharam Veer.
- Maharaja is a fictional character from the 1985 film Zabardast.
- Maharaja is a fictional character from the 1996 film Dilliwala Rajakumaran.
- Maharaja is a fictional character from the 1952 film Amber.
- Maharaja is a fictional character from the 1974 film 5 Rifles.
- Maharaja is a fictional character from the 2000 film Hey Ram.
- Maharaja is a fictional character from the 1955 film To Catch a Thief.
- Maharaja is a fictional character from the 2010 film Thottupaar.
- Maharaja is a fictional character from the 2011 animation film, Top Cat.
- Maharaja is a fictional character from the 1974 film Pancha Thanthram.
Maharaja is a musical group.
- albums: "Super Eurobeat, Volume 42: Extended Version", "786"
Phrases with Maharaja
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Maharaja
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by CTI Reviews
Maharaja is a Sanskrit title for a ' great king' or 'high king';. The female equivalent title Maharani denotes either the ...
The Essential World History (2016)
by CTI Reviews
Maharaja is a Sanskrit title for a 'great king' or 'high king';. The female equivalent title ...
by Kovuuri G. Reddy
Maharaja is a king, maharani is the queen. India is no more an assemblage of kingdoms but its vestiges are scattered across the country. The leftover scions of erstwhile maharajas and maharanis enter the electoral arena often at the instance ...
by Ooi Keat Gin
British reaction was swift; by March 1876, all involved were punished: Maharaja Lela was hanged and the dethroned Sultan Abdullah and other chiefs were banished to the Seychelles. In 1884, Abdullah returned to Singapore and then to ...
by M. L. Mathur
The Maharaja detested this policy and being influenced by the debates in the Representative Assembly and the representations made by the various caste and community organizations, declared strongly in unequivocal for appointing ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Maharaja
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Maharaja
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: technotheory
Photo credit: maddy_kulkarni
Photo credit: technotheory
Photo credit: < J >
Sanjay Patel @ Asian Art Museum
Photo credit: JUSU
Often a lunch time curry is purchased here
Photo credit: diongillard
- Maharaja's rest
Dining room of the Fernhills Palace Hotel in Ooty - built as a summer palace for the Maharaja of Mysore.
Photo credit: string_bass_dave
- Maharaja's Palace, Mysore
Photo credit: A tea but no e
- The Maharaja..
Spreading its wings,
roaring like a lion.
It takes over the skies.
you cant really dare to chase it!
Epic of its type, the Boeing-747
Make way for the Maharaja!!
Photo credit: Orphic Exposure ~
- Maharaja Blues
Photo credit: p_a_h
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Maharaja
Click on an item to play that video:
- Sadhu Maharaja: Meaning of mahamantra
- Sadhu Maharaja: Meaning of killing demons by Krishna
- Maharaja Meaning
Video shows what maharaja means. A Hindu prince ranking above a raja.. Maharaja Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say ...
- Maha mantra Explanation by BV Sadhu Maharaja
Munger Mandir Kartik 2010.
- Dr Maharaja's explanation on Social Networking Sites
Dr Maharaja SivaSubramanian N's explanation on Social Networking Sites.
- Srila BV Narayana Maharaja 1997.02.08 Uki, Baby naming, meaning of Vyasa-puja
Nitya-lila pravista om visnupada Sri Srimad Bhaktivedanta Narayana Gosvami Maharaja speaks on themeaning of vyasa-puja and perfoms a baby naming ...
- The Inner Meaning of "Gauranga Bolite Habe" by BV Padmanabha Maharaja -
Sunday Evening Class in Eugene, Oregon, 5-18-2014.
- Book in Persian language of Maharaja Kishan Prashad released by Irani Consul General
- Srimad Bhagavatam 04 13 Description of the Descendants of Dhurva Maharaja 360p
- Srimad Bhagavatam 05 08 A Description of the Character of Bharata Maharaja 360p
See also the pronunciation examples of Maharaja!
Scrabble value of M3A1H4A1R1A1J8A1
The value of this 8-letter word is 20 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Maharaja to see it in context!