On this page:
- Definition of the noun Mal
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Mal
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Mal
- Photos about Mal
- Video language resources about Mal
- Quotes about Mal
- Scrabble value of M3A1L1
- Anagrams of MAL
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Mal
What does Mal mean as a name of something?
- [context: only in set phrases] Illness, affliction.
- [surfing] [form of, contraction, malibu] (the longboard type of surfboard).
- Mal a.k.a. Malcolm Young: Malcolm Mitchell Young is a Scottish-born Australian guitarist best known as a founder, rhythm guitarist, backing vocalist and songwriter for the Australian hard rock band AC/DC. He was with the band from its November 1973 inception, barring a brief absence in 1988, until leaving permanently in 2014 due to health reasons. Young and the other members of AC/DC were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2003.
- read more about Malcolm Young
- Mal a.k.a. Mal Waldron: Malcolm Earl "Mal" Waldron was an American jazz pianist, composer, and arranger. He started playing professionally in New York in 1950, after graduating from university. In the following dozen years or so Waldron led his own bands and played for those led by Charles Mingus, Jackie McLean, John Coltrane, and Eric Dolphy, among others. During Waldron's period as house pianist for Prestige Records in the late 1950s, he appeared on dozens of albums and composed for many of them, including writing his most famous song, "Soul Eyes", for Coltrane. Waldron was often an accompanist for vocalists, and was Billie Holiday's regular accompanist from April 1957 until her death in July 1959.
- read more about Mal Waldron
- Mal a.k.a. Mal Ryder is a British singer who became quite popular in Italy in the late 1960s.
- read more about Mal Ryder
- Mal a.k.a. Jamal White is a basketball player.
- read more about Jamal White
- Mal a.k.a. Malachi Bogdanov is a director.
- read more about Malachi Bogdanov
- Mal a.k.a. Malerie Grady is an actress.
- read more about Malerie Grady (actress)
- MAL a.k.a. Malcolm Luker is a film crewmember, musical artist, musician, recording engineer.
- read more about Malcolm Luker
- Mal a.k.a. Muriel Frances Weber was the wife of Ray Milland.
- read more about Muriel Frances Weber
- Mal a.k.a. Mallory Escott is an actress.
- read more about Mallory Escott (actress)
MAL is a death metal, doom band from France.
- Mal is a fictional character from the 2010 science fiction film Inception.
- Mal is a fictional character from The Ballad of Des and Mo.
- MAL is a fictional character in the animated adventure comedy TV series Captain Planet and the Planeteers.
- Mal is a fictional character from the 2008 film Cactus.
- Mal is a fictional character from the 2010 drama film 44 Inch Chest.
- Mal is a fictional character from the 2009 film Bad Bush.
- Mal a.k.a. Malyen Oretsev, or Mal, is a fictional character from the book Shadow and Bone.
- read more about Malyen Oretsev
- Mal is a fictional character from the 1971 film Gumshoe.
- Mal is a fictional character from the 1985 film Silverado.
- Mal is a fictional character from the 2003 film This Girl's Life.
- Mal is a fictional character from the 2008 film Alarm.
- Mal is a fictional film character.
- Mal is a fictional film character.
"Mal" a.k.a. "Mål" is a musical album of Dimmornas bro.
- released in (36 years ago)
- Mal a.k.a. Malayalam Language: Malayalam, also sometimes known as Malabari, is a language spoken in India, predominantly in the state of Kerala. It is one of the 22 scheduled languages of India and was designated a Classical Language in India in 2013. Malayalam has official language status in the state of Kerala and in the union territories of Lakshadweep and Puducherry. It belongs to the Dravidian family of languages and is spoken by approximately 33 million people, according to the 2001 census. Malayalam is also spoken in the neighboring states of Tamil Nadu and Karnataka; with more populace in the Nilgiris, Kanyakumari and Coimbatore districts of Tamil Nadu, and the Dakshina Kannada and Kodagu districts of Karnataka.
- also known as Malayal, Malayalani, Maliyad, Malean, Mallealle, Alealum, Malayali, Mopla, Malayalam
- Mal a.k.a. The Alaskan Malamute is a large, strong dog with a thick, coarse double coat and a plumed tail held over the back. The feet are furry and have tough pads. The coat averages 1-3 inches in length and comes in white, black and white, wolf gray, wolf sable, or red, often with darker highlights and sometimes with a dark mask or cap. Height: 22-26 inches Weight: 70-95 poundsdogbreedinfo.
- read more about Alaskan Malamute
- MAL: Myelin and lymphocyte protein is a protein that in humans is encoded by the MAL gene.
- Mal a.k.a. Mal Language: Mal, also known as Thin, is a Mon–Khmer language of Laos and Thailand. It is one of several closely related languages which go by the names Thin or Prai.
- read more about Mal Language
- MAL is a website.
- also known as Malone-Dufort Airport, Airport Code MAL, MAL Airport Code
- Mal a.k.a. CD8a molecule is a gene.
- also known as Leu2 T-lymphocyte antigen; T8 T-cell antigen; T-cell surface glycoprotein CD8 alpha chain; T cell co-receptor; CD8 antigen, alpha polypeptide (p32); CD8 antigen alpha polypeptide; OKT8 T-cell antigen; T-cell antigen Leu2; T-lymphocyte differentiation antigen T8/Leu-2
- Mal a.k.a. Kumarbhag Paharia language is an human language.
- read more about Kumarbhag Paharia language
- Mal a.k.a. Tirap is a protein.
- read more about Tirap
- Mal a.k.a. Mal Paharia language: Mal Paharia is a language spoken by 51,000 of 110,000 ethnic Mal Paharia in the states of Jharkhand and West Bengal in India, and possibly in Bangladesh. It has been variously regarded as a Bengali–Assamese language, a dialect of Malto, and a mixed Dravidian–Indo-Aryan language. There is a positive attitude amongst speakers of the language, and the language health is considered vigorous. Nonetheless, some speakers have shifted to Bengali.
- read more about Mal Paharia language
- The Mal are a Hindu caste found in the state of West Bengal.
- Mal a.k.a. toll-interleukin 1 receptor (TIR) domain containing adaptor protein is a gene.
- also known as Toll-like receptor adaptor protein, adapter protein wyatt, Toll-interleukin 1 receptor (TIR) domain-containing adapter protein, Toll-interleukin 1 receptor (TIR) domain-containing adaptor protein, MyD88 adapter-like protein, Toll-interleukin 1 receptor domain-containing adaptor protein, TIR domain-containing adapter protein
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Mal
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Petit mal is a mild fit, not necessarily recognized as such, often termed by the patient or relatives, “hot flashes,” “faintness,” “dizziness,” “spells,” “weak heart,” etc., as consciousness is not entirely lost and the patient does not generally fall or ...
by Alfonsina Scarinzi
Petit Mal is a very busy machine. With only two wheels and a counter balance, it is...
Teutonic Mythology (2012)
by Jacob Grimm, James Steven Stallybrass
mal means both speech and sign. For rypaqtfi, 'ypé/t/ta. Ulph. always puts mél, not runa, because none of the passages happen to speak of secret writing; one might wager that runa ...
by Jean Tannis Dennerll, Phyllis E. Davis
Mal is a French word that means. Copyright 2010 Cengage Learning. All Rights Reserved. May not be copied, scanned, or duplicated, in whole or in part. Due to electronic rights, some third party content may be ...
A Word a Week (1999)
by Ruth Foster
For example, the word malicious contains the Latin root mal; mal means bad in Spanish. Such connections allow students to see that language is a global phenomenon and that languages are intertwined and linked with one another.
by Stella Chess, Mahin Hassibi
Petit mal is a brief ...
by P. K. Mohanty
Ethnic Identity and Origin Male, Mal, Samaria Male, Savar Paharia, Sauria, Samil Paharia, Asal Paharia, Sangi, a Dravidian tribe of the Rajmahal hills, closely akin to the Oraons, and probably an isolated branch of the large and widely diffused ...
by Chapin Aaron Harris, Ferdinand James Samuel Gorgas
MAL. A French term for malady or disease. MAL DE LA Rosa. An endemic disease of the Asturias; a variety of pellagra.
MAL , or mall, flow, dilatory.
by Noah Webster, William Chauncey Fowler
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Mal
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Mal
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Al Mal.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Mal
Click on an item to play that video:
- Grand mal Meaning
Video shows what grand mal means. A form of epilepsy where the seizures are characterized as severe and involve spasms and unconsciousness. A formal ...
- Cred, Just, Bene, Mal Vocabulary Lesson
A Flipped Lesson on Vocabulary Lesson Week 3 (Cred, Just, Bene, Mal)
- Mal Meaning
Video shows what mal means. illness, affliction.. mal pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary dictionary. mal meaning. Powered by MaryTTS.
- Mal Meaning
Video shows what Mal means. A short form of given names such as Mallory, Malcolm etc.. Mal Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to ...
- Science and vedas explanation by Dr gopalakrishnan (Mal)
Dr Gopalakrishnan speaks about the scientific clarifications of Vedas, which is the most oldest cultural or religious text written.
- Ongelooflik gevaarlike kobra slang (18) Hierdie man is mal - Amerika's Got Talent
Ongelooflik gevaarlike kobra slang (18) Hierdie man is mal - Amerika's Got Talent.
- Mal Alleine rum Schlendern - Minecraft NOUN #2 || OtakuTG
See also the pronunciation examples of Mal!
Quotes about Mal
Scrabble value of M3A1L1
The value of this 3-letter word is 5 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of MAL
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Mal!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Mal to see it in context!