On this page:
- Definition of the noun malaise
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Malaise
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Malaise
- Photos about Malaise
- Video about Malaise
- Quotes about Malaise
- Scrabble value of M3A1L1A1I1S1E1
- Anagrams of MALAISE
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun malaise
What does malaise mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: malaises
- physical discomfort (as mild sickness or depression)
Alternative definition of the noun malaise
- A feeling of general bodily discomfort, fatigue or unpleasantness, often at the onset of illness.
- synonym: angst
- An ambiguous feeling of mental or moral depression.
- synonym: doldrums
- Ill will or hurtful feelings for others or someone.
- synonym: ill at ease
- "Malaise": Asukh, pronounced Ashukh is a 1999 Indian Bengali feature film directed by Rituparno Ghosh.
- also known as Asukh, Asookh
- country: India
- language: Bengali Language
- producer: D. Ramanaidu
- executive producer: Shree Bhanuprasad
- art direction by Indranil Ghosh
- written by Rituparno Ghosh
- based on a story by Rituparno Ghosh & Rabindranath Tagore
- cinematography by Aveek Mukhopadhyay
- edited by Arghakamal Mitra
- music by Debojyoti Mishra, Paroma Banerji
- genres: Art film, Drama, World cinema, Bengali Cinema
- released in (17 years ago)
- award: - National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Bengali, received by D. Ramanaidu & Rituparno Ghosh
- "Malaise" is a film, directed by Les Trois Frères, le retour.
- country: Canada
- genre: Animation
- released in
"Malaise" is a composition.
- music by Saunder Jurriaans
Malaise is a musical group.
- albums: "Secession", "Fifty-Two Ways", "A World of Broken Images", "Re-Assimilated", "Hypnotized by Forgotten Lies"
Malaise is a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness, of being "out of sorts", often the first indication of an infection or other disease. The word has existed in the French language since at least the 12th century.
- also known as General feeling of being unwell, Feeling of general discomfort, Feeling sick, Feel sick, Feeling of being unwell, Feeling unwell
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Malaise
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Reinterpreting Property (2009)
by Margaret Jane Radin
The malaise is that no one can tell with satisfactory certainty what government actions those are. How should we decide when ...
The Cleveland Connection (2005)
A Milan Jacovich Mystery (#4) by Les Roberts
But the main reason for the February malaise is the paucity of activity in the sports world.
by Assoc Prof Brendan M Howe
one of the factors that have contributed to the Philippines' economic and political malaise is that it has been wracked by armed conflict—communist insurgency, muslim separatism, etc.—through most of the years since it gained independence .
by John Mirowsky, Catherine E. Ross
Malaise refers to bodily states, such as the listlessness and distraction of depression or the restlessness and autonomic ailments such as headaches, stomachaches, or dizziness of anxiety. Depression and anxiety — both mood and malaise ...
Contemporary Arab Thought (2010)
Cultural Critique in Comparative Perspective by Elizabeth Suzanne Kassab
Unless it becomes so, it will remain an immature imitation of a foreign thought: “ The malaise is that we want to adjust the Latin American circumstance to a conception of the world inherited from Europe, rather than adjusting that conception of ...
by Suthiphand Chirathivat, Poul Henrik Lassen, Chia Siow Yue
Many believe the appropriate response to Europe's malaise is the liberalisation of labour markets. They may or may not be right ...
The Effective Public Manager (2013)
Achieving Success in Government Organizations by Steven Cohen, William Eimicke, Tanya Heikkila
Organizational malaise is a common disease in large organizations. There is often some benefit in ...
by Neil Gross, Solon Simmons
Critics and reformers on theleft argue thattheroot cause ofhigher education's malaise is that colleges and universities have beenremade bythe forces of neoliberalism (Kleinman, Feinstein, andDowney 2013; Kleinman andVallas 2001 ; ...
Acupoint Dictionary (2009)
by David Hartmann
SIGNS 8r SYMPTOMS CAUTIONS Lyme disease GP Lymph circulation problems Lymphadenitis Lymphoedema Malabsorption Malaise PATTERNS OF DISHARMONY - External Wind'Heat with Wei Qi Xu at the Wei Stage Virtually every ...
Black's Medical Dictionary (2002)
by Gordon Macpherson
Malaise. A vague feeling of feverishness, listlessness and languor, malaise sometimes precedes the onset of serious acute diseases, ...
by Neil J. Salkind
postexertional malaise, memory and concentration problems), further complicating identification of comparable samples. A new ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Malaise
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Malaise
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Monday Malaise
Photo credit: vincent.cartabiano
- Malaise kitsch
This is on a 1980s Chrysler Fifth Avenue... They really need to start putting louvers on cars again.
Photo credit: crazytales562
- Malaise rampant
Photo credit: Max et ses friches
- Christmas Eve Malaise
Photo credit: feverblue
- Today is full of terrible weather & malaise.
Photo credit: ohsarahrose
- The Athens Malaise - Lycavettus Hill
photo by brandon marshall ngai
Photo credit: hunters.green
- Malaise era Mustang ii
via Instagram ift.tt/2p9CrGi
Photo credit: niiicedave
- Malaise trap and yellow and blue bee bowls
Photo credit: Frost Museum
- Thursday: post dentist malaise
Photo credit: ohsarahrose
- Mid 70's malaise era Camaro
From the malaise era, but still a very nice car.
Photo credit: Bryce Womeldurf
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Malaise
Video shows what malaise means. A feeling of general bodily discomfort, fatigue or unpleasantness, often at the onset of illness.. An ambiguous feeling of ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Malaise!
Quotes about Malaise
Many people who did not die right away came down with nausea, headache, diarrhea, malaise, and fever, which lasted several days. Doctors could not be certain whether some of these symptoms were the result of radiation or nervous shock. (John Hersey)
more quotes about malaise...
Scrabble value of M3A1L1A1I1S1E1
The value of this 7-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of MALAISE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Malaise!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Malaise to see it in context!