On this page:
- Definition of the noun malar
- Definition of the adjective malar
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Malar
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Malar
- Photos about Malar
- Video about Malar
- Scrabble value of M3A1L1A1R1
- Anagrams of MALAR
- Share this page
Definition of the noun malar
What does malar mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: malars
- the arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek
- lexical domain: Body Parts - nouns denoting body parts
- synonyms of malar: cheekbone / jugal bone / malar bone / os zygomaticum / zygomatic / zygomatic bone
- more generic words: bone / os = rigid connective tissue that makes up the skeleton of vertebrates
- part of: skull = the bony skeleton of the head of vertebrates
- jugal point / jugale = the craniometric point at the union of the frontal and temporal processes of the zygomatic bone
- arcus zygomaticus / zygomatic arch / zygoma = the slender arch formed by the temporal process of the cheekbone that bridges to the zygomatic process of the temporal bone
- zygomatic process = a slender process of the temporal bone that strengthens the zygomatic arch
Definition of the adjective malar
What does malar mean as an attribute of a noun?
- pertaining to the cheek
- Malar is a fictional character from the 2003 film Manasellaam.
- Malar is a fictional character from the 2012 film Leelai.
- Malar is a fictional character from the 1995 film Pasumpon.
- Malar is a fictional character from the 2007 film Malaikottai.
- Malar is a fictional character from the 2006 film Paramasivan.
- Malar is a fictional character from the 2006 film Dishyum.
- Malar is a fictional character from the 2006 film Azhagai Irukkirai Bayamai Irukkirathu.
- Malar is a fictional character from the 2010 film Drohi.
- Malar is a fictional character from the 2014 film Panivizhum Malarvanam.
- Malar is a fictional character from the 2013 film A Gun & a Ring.
- Malar is a fictional character from the 2014 film Oru Kanniyum Moonu Kalavaanikalum.
Malar is the Faerûnian deity of the hunt, evil lycanthropes, and bestial savagery and bloodlust in Ed Greenwood's Forgotten Realms fictional world of Abeir-Toril for the Dungeons & Dragons role-playing game. His dogma, such as it is, concerns savage hunts, the spreading of the curse of lycanthropy, and general contempt for civilization.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Malar
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Cat (1881)
An Introduction to the Study of Backboned Animals, Especially Mammals by St. George Jackson Mivart
32, The malar is a rather small, lamellar bone which forms the most prominent part of the cheek, the outer inferior margin of the orbit, and the anterior part of the zygoma. It is in the form of a curved quadrangular plate, convex without, concave ...
The malar is an irregular pyramid in form. If the lateral surface is taken as the base the three remaining surfaces are indicated in a general way by the direction of its borders. Instead of an apex however there is a notch between two conical ...
HUMAN SKELETAL ANATOMY (2001)
Laboratory Manual and Workbook by Scott I. Fairgrieve, Tracy S. Oost
Malar tubercles: The term malar is an old one meaning the zygomatic bone.
Anatomically considered, the malar is a compact bone of comparatively small dimensions, articulating with four larger bones, three of the cranium, frontal, sphenoid, and temporal, and one of the face, superior maxillary. The articular surfaces of ...
by Mr. M.P. Kabra
Malar: Anything relating to ...
Ana - Ast
ing into the maxillary sinus, large in the detached bone, with the internal malar above, and the external malar be- Special but contracted below by the inferior turbinated, and behind fore. The anterior part of this ...
The Encyclopaedia Britannica (1894)
A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and General Literature
Malar without an inferior angle; the facial part of the skull ; and broad; molars with external and internal enamel folds. Subfamily 1. Spingurinae.-Molars rooted; clavicles perfect; soles of feet tuberculated; teats four; tail generally prehensile.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Malar
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Malar
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: 3eyedmonsta
- Malar Sakhar
Uploaded from form
Photo credit: Milaap.org
- Malar's sister
Photo credit: Johnragai-Moment Catcher
- Bane Malar (2008) [The Legacy collection]
Photo credit: mosh.heruttaja
- Maalai Malar Tamil News
Photo credit: HostingCoupons
- Malar Chinnaraj
Uploaded from form
Photo credit: Milaap.org
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Malar
Video shows what malar means. Pertaining to the cheek.. Malar Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say malar. Powered by ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Malar!
Scrabble value of M3A1L1A1R1
The value of this 5-letter word is 7 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of MALAR
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Malar!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Malar to find many related words and phrases!