On this page:
- Definition of the noun malian
- Definition of the adjective malian
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Malian
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Malian
- Photos about Malian
- Video about Malian
- Quotes about Malian
- Scrabble value of M3A1L1I1A1N1
- Anagrams of MALIAN
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun malian
What does malian mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: Malians
- a native or inhabitant of Mali
Alternative definition of the noun malian
- A person from Mali or of Malian descent.
Definition of the adjective malian
What does malian mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: -
- of or relating to or characteristic of Mali or its people
- example: Malian deserts
- lexical domain: Relational Adjectives (pertainyms)
Malian a.k.a. Mali, officially the Republic of Mali, is a landlocked country in West Africa. Mali is the eighth largest country in Africa, with an area of just over 1,240,000 square kilometres. The population of Mali is 14.5 million. Its capital is Bamako.
- also known as جمهورية مالي, רפובליקת מאלי, Malí, 马里共和国, French Sudan, Republic of Mali
- founded on (54 years ago)
- part of Africa, West Africa
- instance of: African country / African nation = any one of the countries occupying the African continent
- member: Malian = a native or inhabitant of Mali
- read more about Mali (country)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Malian
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Armando Salvatore, Dale F. Eickelman
Although this public sphere is perhaps more vibrant in urban areas, it also extends into some of the far reaches of the country where for many people to be Malian means to be Muslim. The public sphere has, if anything, helped to foster a ...
by Pascal James Imperato, Gavin H. Imperato
For many years, Malian men have seasonally migrated to the employment markets of the Ivory Coast, Ghana, and Liberia. Significant numbers, especially of the Sarakolé from western ...
by George A. Barnett
Malian culture is communal, with visiting, festivals, ceremonies, arts, and sports providing key social outlets. Malian society is comprised of a variety of geographic areas, ethnic groups, and regional cultures, with the most dominant group being ...
by Hsain Ilahiane
Tuareg rebel leaders and the government of Mali sign a truce; Mali and Algeria to repatriate Malian Tuareg and refugees. Niger admits the existence of a Tuareg rebellion and calls for peace talks; continued Tuareg attacks and raids; truce ...
by J. Uglow, M. Hendry
Malian singer and songwriter, whose songs integrate tradition with | 580 modernity. Traoré does not come ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Malian
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Malian
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Malian
Video shows what Malian means. A person from Mali or of Malian descent.. Malian pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary dictionary. Malian ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Malian!
Quotes about Malian
A man is what he thinks.
more quotes about malian...
Scrabble value of M3A1L1I1A1N1
The value of this 6-letter word is 8 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of MALIAN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
- LA MINA
- MAI LAN
See also the blanagrams of Malian!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Malian to see it in context!