On this page:
- Definition of the noun mammoth
- Definition of the adjective mammoth
- Phrases with Mammoth
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Mammoth
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Mammoth
- Photos about Mammoth
- Video language resources about Mammoth
- Quotes about Mammoth
- Scrabble value of M3A1M3M3O1T1H4
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun mammoth
What does mammoth mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: mammoths
- any of numerous extinct elephants widely distributed in the Pleistocene; extremely large with hairy coats and long upcurved tusks
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- more generic word: elephant = five-toed pachyderm
- more specific terms:
- part: proboscis / trunk = a long flexible snout as of an elephant
- member of: genus Mammuthus / Mammuthus = extinct genus: mammoths
Alternative definition of the noun mammoth
- A large, hairy, extinct elephant-like mammal of the taxonomic genus Mammuthus.
- [figuratively] Something very large of its kind.
Definition of the adjective mammoth
What does mammoth mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more mammoth / most mammoth
- so exceedingly large or extensive as to suggest a giant or mammoth
Alternative definition of the adjective mammoth
Who is Mammoth?
Mammoth is an actor.
- profession: Actor
- read more about Mammoth (actor)
Phrases with Mammoth
Phrases starting with the word Mammoth:
- Mammoth Lymnaea
- Mammoth Wildrye
- Mammoth Cave Shrimp
- Mammoth Cave Amphipod
- Mammoth Cave Crayfish
- Mammoth Cave Stygobromid
- mammoth cave national park
Phrases ending with the word Mammoth:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Mammoth
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Alfred J. Andrea Ph.D.
□1⁄2 mammoth huntErs of thE russian Plain The examination of settlements of mammoth hunters of the central part of the Russian Plain had become a subject of special study as early as the late nineteenth century when sites such as Gontsy , ...
by Valerie Porter
American Mammoth Jackstock: (USA)/mu/usu. black, red or sorrel, occ. grey, with white...
Jack, Jack Stock, Mammoth Jack, Mammoth Jackstock/rare American Spotted: see Spotted Amiatina: (Mt Amiata, Grosseto, ...
MAMMOTH. CAVE. conclusion that the rate of reproduction varies inversely with the degree of individuation, for in the more highly-developed forms the numlier of offspring tends to diminish, while the parental care and love proportionally ...
Encyclopaedia Britannica (1891)
A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and General Literature
MAMMOTH. a name commonly given to one of tne numerous extinct forms of Elephant, Elephas primigenius of...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Mammoth
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Mammoth
Click on an item to view that photo:
A mammoth comes to life in Galleta Meadows Estate in Borrego Springs, CA.
Photo credit: Sam Howzit
Mammoth at sunrise.
Photo credit: FladagerPhotography
This is a Mammoth. Plush Toy.
Photo credit: veralub
Photo credit: Ali Harrison
Photo credit: Chris Hunkeler
- FabAcademy: Mammoth
Photo credit: Zero One 000111
- Mammoth Claus
A mammoth with a hat at the La Brea tar pits
Photo credit: endolith
- Mammoth Trip
Photo credit: Kazanjy
- Mammoth Hot Springs
Mammoth Hot Springs - Yellowstone National Park
Photo credit: kodiax2
- Mammoth Trip
Pete and flat Riley
Photo credit: Kazanjy
- The One And Only Stuffed Mammoth In The World
This is just a baby mammoth. Some explorers found this mammoth under snow, sometimes ago. This is the only mammoth found on earth, according to the tour guide.
Photo credit: Tanapon
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Mammoth
Click on an item to play that video:
- Mammoth Meaning
Video shows what mammoth means. Any species of the extinct genus Mammuthus, of large, usually hairy, elephant-like mammals with long curved tusks and an ...
- Gavin DeGraw Meaning Mammoth Festival 8/15/09
Gavin DeGraw performs Meaning at Sam's Woods during Mammoth Festival at Mammoth Lakes, CA 8/15/09.
- Gavin DeGraw - Meaning (Mammoth)
Gavin DeGraw singing Meaning at Mammoth on August 15, 2009.
- Mammoth Language Spectrum Reload (DJ Chewy Remix)
This is a remix of Spectrum - Zedd, Mammoth - Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, Language - Porter Robinson and Reload - Calvin Harris. 1st experimentation for uni ...
View more videos about woolly mammoth.
See also the pronunciation examples of Mammoth!
Quotes about Mammoth
Scrabble value of M3A1M3M3O1T1H4
The value of this 7-letter word is 16 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Mammoth to see it in context!