Manager appears in the following tongue twisters:
- Can you imagine an imaginary menagerie manager
imagining managing an imaginary menagerie?
- Imagine, imagining imagining, an imaginary imaginary imaginary menagerie manager, imagining imagining imagining an imaginary imaginary imaginary managerie.
Usage statistics for the noun manager:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun manager
- Phrases with Manager
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Manager
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Manager
- Usage statistics about manager
- Photos about Manager
- Video language resources about Manager
- Quotes about Manager
- Scrabble value of M3A1N1A1G2E1R1
- Anagrams of MANAGER
- Share this page
The word manager is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun manager
What does manager mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: managers
- someone who controls resources and expenditures
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonyms of manager: director / managing director
- more generic terms: administrator / decision maker = someone who administers a business
- more specific terms:
- (sports) someone in charge of training an athlete or a team
- domain: athletics / sport
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonyms of manager: coach / handler
- more generic word: trainer = one who trains other persons or animals
- more specific terms:
- instance: John Joseph McGraw / John McGraw / McGraw = United States baseball player and manager
Specialised definition of the noun manager
Glossary of sports
someone who organises and controls the training of an athlete or a sports team (2006. Dictionary of Sport and Exercise Science. A&C Black Publishers Ltd)
person responsible for accompanying measures in the course of athletic training and competition. The most important tasks of a counsellor are: supplying optimal learning aids, mediating social well-being, creating motivation for performance as well as solving conflicts, promoting talent, coordinating sport and professional issues, being a team leader, creating a positive attitude towards competitions, and public relations. A counsellor plays an especially important role in youth sport. (Herbert Haag & Gerald Haag. 2003. Dictionary. Sport, Physical Education, Sport Science. Kiel, Institut für Sport und Sportwissenschaften)
- synonym: counsellor
in professional sport, an individual who is responsible for the economic and organizational needs of sport clubs or individual departments of clubs (e.g. soccer departments of first league clubs), or advisors for individual professional athletes (e.g. tennis players). (Herbert Haag & Gerald Haag. 2003. Dictionary. Sport, Physical Education, Sport Science. Kiel, Institut für Sport und Sportwissenschaften)
- Manager is a fictional character from the 1988 film The Vanishing.
- Manager is a fictional character from 1993 film Pozegnanie z Maria.
- Manager is a fictional character from the 2003 romantic comedy film Anything Else.
- Manager is a fictional character from the 1963 film The Organizer.
- Manager is a fictional character from On The Loose.
- Manager is a fictional character from the 1965 film Preminchi Choodu.
- Manager is a fictional character from the 1992 film Angaar.
- Manager is a fictional character from the 2001 film Hum Ho Gaye Aapke.
- Manager is a fictional character from the 2003 film Singles.
- Manager is a fictional character from the 2012 film Dancing Queen.
- Manager is a fictional character from the 2012 film You Are God.
- Manager is a fictional character from the 1974 film Dil Diwana.
- Manager is a fictional character from the 2001 TV series Angelic Layer.
- Manager is a fictional character from the 1960 film Gastone.
- Manager is a fictional character from the 1969 film Chanda Aur Bijli.
- Manager is a fictional character from the 1987 film Insaniyat Ke Dushman.
- Manager is a fictional character from the 1962 film Ek Musafir Ek Hasina.
- Manager is a fictional character from the 1992 film Netorare Sosuke.
- Manager is a fictional character from the 1974 film Chorus.
- Manager is a fictional character from the 1988 film Veerana.
- Manager is a fictional character from the 2013 film Shree.
- Manager is a fictional character from The Deaths of Chet Baker.
- Manager is a fictional character from the 1983 film G.
- Manager is a fictional character from 4 Caminos.
- Manager is a fictional character from the 2012 film Sometimes We Sit and Think, and Sometimes We Just Sit.
- in the film "Sometimes We Sit and Think, and Sometimes We Just Sit", played by Artemis Chalkides
- Manager a.k.a. Balram is a fictional film character.
- read more about Balram
- Manager is a fictional character from the 2014 film Autómata.
- Manager is a fictional character from the 1993 film Farewell My Concubine.
- Manager is a fictional character in the 1973 film Niebieskie jak Morze Czarne.
- Manager is a fictional character from the 2009 film The Burr Effect.
- Manager is a fictional character from Coneccion Caribe.
- Manager is a fictional character from a 1971 film Klopotliwy gosc.
- Manager is a fictional character from the 2011 film White: The Melody of the Curse.
- Manager is a fictional character from the 1946 film The Overlanders.
- Manager is a fictional character from the 2008 film The Unmoved Mover.
- Manager is a fictional character from the 2011 film Jeff, Who Lives at Home.
- Manager is a fictional character from the 2008 film Mesa de Bar.
- Manager is a fictional character from the 2013 film Only God Forgives.
There are other characters with in their name, like Bank Manager, Farm Manager, Rock Manager, Floor Manager, Hotel manager, Plant Manager, Sales Manager, Stage Manager, Store manager, Credit manager, Middle Manager, Office Manager, council-manager, General manager, Project manager, Station Manager, Campaign manager, Football Manager, Assistant manager.
"Manager" is a short film, directed by Jacob Meszaros.
- country: United States of America
- "Manager" is a musical single of Raphaël Haroche.
- released on
- "Manager" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- music by Benjamin Lebeau
- Manager: In association football, a manager is responsible for running a football club or a national team. The manager may also serve as the coach of the team.
- also known as soccer manager, association football manager, football manager
- Manager: In professional wrestling, a manager is a secondary character paired with a wrestler for a variety of reasons. The manager is often either a non-wrestler, an occasional wrestler, an older wrestler who has retired or is nearing retirement or, in some cases, a new wrestler who is breaking into the business and needs the experience in front of the crowds. The wrestler that a manager manages is called his or her charge. A wrestler's manager has nothing to do with their real-world agent.
- Manager: In Gaelic games, a manager or coach is an individual involved in the direction and instruction of the on-field operations of a team. Managing, or coaching, entails the application of sport tactics and strategies during the game itself, and usually entails substitution of players and other such actions as needed. Most managers are former players themselves, and are assisted by a group of selectors.
- ManaGeR or MGR was an early windowing system originally designed and developed for Sun computers in 1984 by Stephen A. Uhler, then at Bellcore.
- The manager of the football team.
- Manager: The term manager is a generic descriptive term for a person holding a non-specific executive leading position in a business or corporation.
- Manager: A Manager was any of a set of specialized components of the Mac OS operating system, including those that comprised the Macintosh Toolbox. Each of these Managers was responsible for handling system calls from applications running on the Macintosh, and could be built into the ROM or be loaded into RAM by the system.
- Manager: A person who has managed this team.
- Manager is a profession.
Phrases with Manager
- bank manager
- city manager
- Line Manager
- Floor Manager
- hotel manager
- Micro Manager
- stage manager
- Middle Manager
- Window manager
- Account Manager
- general manager
- Project manager
- Seagull manager
- baseball manager
- district manager
- Download manager
- First Line Manager
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Manager
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Solutions and Strategies for Creative Success by Tony Seddon, Luke Herriott
A project manager is a bit like a head waiter who knows what's happening in the restaurant, the kitchen, and the wine cellar, as well as providing the "face" of the restaurant to the diners. They bring together all the resources required to fulfill ...
by Robert Schmidt
vCenter Lab Manager is a product from VMware which allows server administrators to create complex libraries of virtual machines that...
by Abubakar Hassan Kargbo
The local government service, whose manager is the Ministry of the Internal Affairs, Local Government, and Rural Development, but with delegation of the management of the human resources aspects to the Local Government Service ...
Measuring and Improving Risk Management Capability by Mr Martin Hopkinson
The fact that it would be inappropriate to leave such decisions to the project manager is a key reason for needing a project sponsor. The project manager is the person with overall responsibility for delivering the project in line with its objectives ...
Achievements and Trends by Alejandro Peña-Ayala
The three managers are explained below: Domain Manager: The domain manager is a module that is used to manipulate the information on the domain model by performing some basic operations. It is used by three front-end modules that ...
by Meeraj Kunnumpurath
The security manager refers to the jbossma-state. xml file to identify the user and the role assigned to the user and the file in which the addressed destination is configured to identify the...
manager is an intermediate interceptor in the chain that passes the messages from the invocation layer.
by Kerrie Meyler, Kurt Van Hoecke, Samuel Erskine, Steve Buchanan
Service Manager is a vision—an addition to System Center built to be “the most customizable and extensible product in...
Service Manager is the glue of these vast systems, providing configuration, incident, change, and problem management.
The Tips and Tricks No One Tells You About When You Start by Melanie McBride
A program manager is the person making sure that Mick actually shows up for the performance, that the venue is booked...
Ireland : Situation in 1998 : Report Adopted by the Steering Committee on Local and Regional Democracy (CDLR) in June 1998
The manager is an officer of the county council or the city council as the case may be.
by Michael Washam, Rick Rainey
Configuring Azure Traffic Manager Azure Traffic Manager is a network service that you can use to route users to website endpoints (deployments) in potentially different datacenters around the world. It provides services and settings that you ...
by Richard Templar
BEING A MANAGER IS AN ONGOING LEARNING EXPERIENCE. Chapter 51. Be Ready to Unlearn—What Works, Changes You know Learn from Your Mistakes.
55 Essential Ideas to Help Smart People (and Organizations) Perform At Their Best by Fast Company's Editors and Writers
The manager is a copy; the leader is an original. The manager maintains; the leader develops. The manager...
Managing Your Band (2011)
by Daniel E. Harmon
Communicating and Negotiating The manager is the band's main go-between in relations with nightclub owners and other employers, recording companies, music industry agents, producers, radio personalities, music publishers, lawyers, the ...
Learning the Strategic, Organizational, and Tactical Skills Everyone Needs Today by Jeffrey Magee
The manager is the person who watches out to ensure that organizational rules, policies, procedures, best practices, and guidelines are being followed and addressed. Within this management style, structured training and education of the ...
by William J. Raynor
" The trading unit is a function created to manage accounting exposure and is directed by a "currency trading manager," operating in conjunction ...
by Jan Onofrio
They were together on the Chesapeake and Ohio in 1889, with the elder serving as general manager of the road and the son as engineer of maintenance of way. They were together again on the Illinois Central, for which young Harahan ...
by Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc.
Hoiberg, Senior Vice President and Editor Anita Wolff, Deputy Editor Marsha Mackenzie, Managing Editor and Director of Production Michael Levy, Senior Manager, ...
by Robert E. Stevens
The pursuit of absolute performance is highly dependent on the skill of the investment manager, who may take advantage of pricing anomalies between related securities (arbitrage), engage in “momentum” investing to capture market trends, ...
by David E. Marcinko, MBA, CFP, CMP
PAG: policy advisory group PAHO: Pan American Health Organization PAM: patient accounts manager PAP: patient assessment profile PAR: participating provider (supplier) PARI: people actively reaching independence PARP: participating ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Manager
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Usage statistics about manager
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English from the later part of the 20th century, both spoken and written.
Usage statistics for the noun manager:
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun manager:
Photos about Manager
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Der Robert
Photo credit: hyakushiki_thebest
Photo credit: DaMongMan
Photo credit: repolona
- Community Manager
A mix of development, marketing and support.
Photo credit: mray
- La solitudine del manager
Photo credit: Sgt. Pepper57
- Linux bridge on Network Manager
How to configure a Linux bridge with Network Manager on Ubuntu
If you would like to use this photo, be sure to place a proper attribution linking to Ask Xmodulo
Photo credit: xmodulo
- Manager's Office
Door decoration identifies the management style of any manager.
Photo credit: byzantiumbooks
- K750 file manager
Photo credit: kalleboo
View more pictures about Station Manager.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Manager
Click on an item to play that video:
- Productive Manager: Definition of a manager (2min)
Definition of a productive manager is to get things done through other people. Watch this 2 min video to improve your management skills.
- Manager Meaning
Video shows what manager means. A person whose job is to manage something, such as a business, a restaurant, or a sports team.. The head coach.
- Definition of a Product Manager
Product Management & Product Marketing have always been strategic roles for any organization in the business of creating and successfully launching products ...
- Showhomes of Atlanta Home Manager Explanation
Showhomes of Atlanta offers fine luxury homes to people who have fine luxury furniture for around a third of what they would normally rent the home for.
- TruSky.com - Listing Manager Explanation
- Howto: Windows 8 Task Manager Explanation
This video will show you what each tab of Task Manager does, and what it is telling you! Visit us at...
- Definition of A Geriatric Care Manager
Many people are unfamiliar with the concept of a Geriatric Care Manager. These individuals are certified professionals who are hired independently by seniors ...
- Chick-fil-A Manager Bans Teenage Slang
Eric, a manager at Chick-fil-a, decided he'd had enough of the teens in his establishment using slang. According to a Reddit post, he made a handy list with the ...
- 01 Feature Definition Manager Diccionario de datos
- Behind the Scenes: Introducing Martin Kemp, Product Definition Manager for Creo, PTC
- Brief Trac Lease Explanation, Scott Clark Nissan Commercial - Fleet Manager
- League Manager "Fix" explanation and expectations going forward
- Video Explanation of an OPM (Outsourced Program Manager)
Video definition by Sarah Bundy of All Inclusive Marketing of what an OPM is, what they do and how they differ from a traditional in house affiliate program ...
- Disgruntled Chick-fil-A manager bans slang at his restaurant (and he's created a comprehensive
Disgruntled Chick-fil-A manager bans slang at his restaurant (and he's created a comprehensive guide of blacklisted words) He hears 'bruh', 'on fleek' and 'chill' ...
- Explanation of memory usage in Task Manager for Windows 8
Author and talk show host Robert McMillen gives an Explanation of memory usage in Task Manager for Windows 8.
- Idiom Decision Manager - Short Introduction
A short introduction to creating formulas and decisions in the Idiom Decision Manager, given by Mark Norton, Managing Director for Idiom Limited.
- Creating a Term Entry in the Acrolinx Terminology Manager
How to creating a Term Entry in the Acrolinx Terminology Manager.
- Idiom Decision Manager Short Demonstration
- Marketing Manager at Maple Pharmaceutical using slang language in office 1
Marketing Manager at Maple Pharmaceutical - Korangi - Karachi (1)
- Idiom Decision Manager Getting Started
- Computer and Information Systems Manager Job Description
Computer and Information Systems Manager Job Description.
- Financial Manager Job Description
Financial Manager jobs.
- Construction Manager Job Description
Construction manager jobs.
- Marketing Manager Job Description - Outlook Salary with Careers
Marketing managers identify, create and evaluate strategies to promote their company's services and products and increase sales.
- Xiaomi Phone Manager English - Updated February 2015 Check Description
- Social Media Manager Job Description
- Industrial Production Manager Job Description
Industrial Production Manager job description. Learn about Industrial Production Manager jobs, responsibilities, salaries and more.
- Computer Systems Manager Career Information : Computer Systems Manager Job Description
A computer systems manager job description includes making final technology decisions. Get the entire job description from an experienced information ...
- Marketing Manager Job Description
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE HR MANAGER
rj balaji, comedy talk.
View more videos about Bank Manager, City manager, Line Manager, Floor Manager, Micro Manager, Sales Manager, Stage Manager, Middle Manager, Window manager, Account Manager, General manager, Project manager, Seagull manager, and Assistant manager.
See also the pronunciation examples of Manager!
Quotes about Manager
Scrabble value of M3A1N1A1G2E1R1
The value of this 7-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of MANAGER
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Manager!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Manager to see it in context!