On this page:
- Definition of the noun mandatory
- Definition of the adjective mandatory
- Phrases with Mandatory
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Mandatory
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Mandatory
- Photos about Mandatory
- Video language resources about Mandatory
- Quotes about Mandatory
- Scrabble value of M3A1N1D2A1T1O1R1Y4
- Anagrams of MANDATORY
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun mandatory
What does mandatory mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: mandatories
- the recipient of a mandate
- a territory surrendered by Turkey or Germany after World War I and put under the tutelage of some other European power until they are able to stand by themselves
- lexical domain: Locations - nouns denoting spatial position
- synonym of mandatory: mandate
- more generic terms: district / dominion / territorial dominion / territory = a region marked off for administrative or other purposes
- instance: Palestine = a former British mandate on the east coast of the Mediterranean
Definition of the adjective mandatory
What does mandatory mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more mandatory / most mandatory
- required by rule
Alternative definition of the adjective mandatory
- Obligatory; required or commanded by authority.
- antonym: optional
- Of, or relating to a mandate.
Mandatory is a musical group.
- album: "Carbon Black"
Phrases with Mandatory
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Mandatory
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Rafael Medoff, Chaim I. Waxman
the Principal Allied Powers have agreed, for the purpose of giving effect to the provisions of Article 22 of the Covenant of the League of Nations, to entrust to a Mandatory selected by the said Powers the administration of the territory ...
Being a Compilation of All Words, Phrases and Maxims which Have Been Defined, Construed, Interpreted Or Applied in Reported Kentucky Cases, and in Kentucky Constitution, Statutes and Codes of Practice by Fred P. Caldwell
MANDATORY PROVISION.— A mandatory provision in a statute is one, the omission to follow which renders the proceedings to which it relates illegal and void, while a directory provision is one, the observance of which is not necessary to the ...
by Paul Finkelman
North Carolina also enacted a mandatory death sentence statute for first-degree rape. The Supreme Court held that mandatory death ...
by Helen Taylor Greene, Shaun L. Gabbidon
Mandatory minimum sentencing laws remove judges' discretion in the sentencing process by requiring a sentence of a...
Encyclopedia of Privacy: A-M (2007)
by William G. Staples
The main focus of the debate over state-compelled HIV testing has been mandatory testing. Given the stigma attached to HIV, which was initially seen as a phenomenon associated with the gay population in the United States, there has been ...
A mandatory injunction is granted with extreme caution, and ordinarily is restricted to cases where a court of law cannot grant adequate relief, or where full compensation cannot be made in damages.2 As a general rule, it will not be granted ...
Encyclopedia of Drug Policy (2011)
by Mark A. R. Kleiman, James E. Hawdon
As noted above, mandatory minimum sentencing has been a part of the American judicial system since the late 1700s. These inclusions of sentencing requirements, however, were few in number. They were, for the most part, focused on ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Mandatory
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Mandatory
Click on an item to view that photo:
It wouldn't be a trip with Swiss without the obligatory nipple shot
Photo credit: lawtonjm
- Mandatory tiger pic
Just riding home.
Photo credit: Tydence
- Mandatory Snap of Big Ben
Photo credit: mikecogh
- Mandatory Busking Piper
Photo credit: mikecogh
- Mandatory Cycle Lane
Photo credit: samsaundersleeds
- Mandatory Monument
Photo credit: mikecogh
- Mandatory Sunflowers
at St-Aygulf market
Photo credit: alexbrn
- Mandatory snow pic
View on Instagram ift.tt/2AQuGPs
Photo credit: chuckwolfe0
- The mandatory sunset photo
Two friends talking in the distance.
Sunsets are nature's great photography-skill equalizers.
Photo credit: slava
- Mandatory Perspective Highway
Photo credit: ogimogi
- Mandatory sauces to go with steak in Sweden
Photo credit: lawtonjm
- Mandatory self portrait with new lens.
Nikon F + Nikkor-S 50mm f/1.4
Fuji Neopan Acros 100
Photo credit: AndysRollei
- Mandatory pic of the day. Remember, remember...
Photo credit: herval
- Mandatory toilet shot
(@ Somewhere in Valby, Denmark)
Well, the title said it all. Mandatory. Toilets. Shot.
Photo credit: hern42
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Mandatory
Click on an item to play that video:
- Mandatory Meaning
Video shows what mandatory means. Obligatory; required or commanded by authority.. Of, being or relating to a mandate.. Mandatory Meaning. How to ...
- SCOTT LUDLAM - THE MEANING OF METADATA - MANDATORY RETENTION & TPP
What is the purpose of the proposed law for Mandatory Metadata Retention of all Australians' communications? Is it about monitoring terrorists or consumers?
- ELL 6th grade Vocabulary Antonyms - Mandatory & Unneccessary
Sixth grader Eric demonstrates how to use the words mandatory and unnecessary.
- ELL 6th grade Vocabulary Antonyms- Mandatory & Unnecessary
Students Joel & Francisco show the antonyms 'mandatory' and 'unnecessary'.
- ELL 6th grade Vocabulary Antonyms - Mandatory & Unneccesary
- Mandatory Minue #26 Language David Jack
Mandatory Minue #26 Language David Jack - David Jack & Jeremy Scott co-creators of the #mandatoryminute - success, motivation, mindful, fitness, and ...
- Monday's missing piece DR Mandatory language
Today's Monday's Missing Piece is a great example of a doctor exam utilizing Mandatory language.
- Radio Vox Pops - Mandatory Language
- Rob Rants: Mandatory Foreign Language Studies
- Mandatory Language Program
- Alexa's awful mandatory language arts video
- Introduction (esl mandatory)
- Mandatory English language driver's exams needed in Tennessee!
View more videos about Mandatory Sentence.
See also the pronunciation examples of Mandatory!
Quotes about Mandatory
Scrabble value of M3A1N1D2A1T1O1R1Y4
The value of this 9-letter word is 15 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of MANDATORY
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Mandatory!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Mandatory to see it in context!