On this page:
- Definition of the noun manga
- Phrases with Manga
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Manga
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Manga
- Photos about Manga
- Videos about Manga
- Quotes about Manga
- Scrabble value of M3A1N1G2A1
- Anagrams of MANGA
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun manga
What does manga mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: mangas
- graphic novel that originated in Japan, usually intended for adults and characterized by highly stylized art
- examples: He is absorbed in his manga magazine. | He was absorbed in a manga. | Manga are to the Japanese film industry what bestsellers are to Hollywood. | Tanabata comes up in manga a lot so I also know it fairly well. | With this tutorial you will use the sample manga to become accustomed to the procedures for seeing the manga including download. | I often read manga in my spare moments at work. | This manga is pretty popular in China. | He does nothing but read manga. | The "One Piece" manga is very popular in Malaysia | I'm looking for an easy-to-read manga with furigana.
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- more generic word: novel = an extended fictional work in prose
maNga is a Turkish alternative rock band whose music is mainly a fusion of Anatolian melodies with electronic elements. In 2009, they won both the Best Turkish Act award from MTV Turkey and consequently the Best European Act award from MTV Networks Europe in MTV Europe Music Awards 2009. They represented Turkey at the Eurovision Song Contest 2010 with the song "We Could Be the Same" and took second place.
- genres: Nu metal, Rapcore, Alternative rock, Alternative metal, Progressive metal, Anatolian rock
- albums: "Manga", "Şehr-i Hüzün", "We Could Be the Same", "E-akustik", "Fly To Stay Alive", "Işıkları Söndürseler Bile"
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to MTV Europe Music Award for Best Turkish Act
- nominated to MTV Europe Music Award for Best European Act
- MTV Europe Music Award for Best Turkish Act
- MTV Europe Music Award for Best European Act
- Eurovision Song Contest - "We Could Be the Same" (Turkey, Second Place)
- official website: www.manga.web.tr
- Manga: Haílton Corrêa de Arruda, best known as Manga was a Brazilian goalkeeper, famous for playing alongside with Garrincha, Nílton Santos and Zagallo in the great Botafogo of the 1960s, and also for defending the Brazilian national team in the 1966 FIFA World Cup.
- Manga is a member of the musical group Roll Deep.
- member of musical group Roll Deep (Vocals) since
- "Manga": maNga is the self-titled album of Turkish rock band maNga, released in December 2004 by Sony Music/GRGDN. It was reissued in 2006, with two additional tracks and a bonus DVD.
- "Manga" is a musical EP of Kasparov.
- released on (6 years ago)
- "Manga" is a musical EP of Mike Newman & The Viron.
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Manga" is a musical single of Bodzin & Huntemann & H-Man.
- released on (10 years ago)
- "Manga" is a musical album of All You Can Eat.
- released in (23 years ago)
"Manga" is a book by Timothy Lehmann.
- also known as "Manga: masters of the art"
- Manga is a fictional character from the 2000 film Kalisundam Raa.
- Manga is a fictional character from the 1996 film Aur Ek Prem Kahani.
- Manga is a fictional character from the 1978 film Mullum Malarum.
- Manga is a fictional character from the 2003 film Harivillu.
- Manga is a fictional character from the 1993 film Aadhityan.
Manga is a town located in the province of Zoundwéogo in Burkina Faso. It is the capital of Zoundwéogo Province and Centre-Sud Region.
- also known as Manga, Burkina Faso
- part of Burkina Faso, Centre-Sud, Manga Department, Zoundwéogo Province
- Manga are comics created in Japan, or by Japanese creators in the Japanese language, conforming to a style developed in Japan in the late 19th century. They have a long and complex pre-history in earlier Japanese art.
- also known as การ์ตูนญี่ปุ่น, Mạn họa, Truyện tranh Nhật, Truyện tranh Nhật Bản, 日本漫画
- Manga a.k.a. maNga+ is the re-released version of the first, self-titled album of Turkish rock band maNga, released in 2006 by Sony Music/GRGDN. Two new songs were added to it, along with a special DVD.
- genre: Rock music
- released in (10 years ago)
- Manga is a magazine, periodical.
- Manga a.k.a. Mba Language: Mba, also known as Manga or Mbanga, is a Ubangian language spoken in DRC Congo.
- read more about Mba Language
- Manga is a restaurant.
- Manga is a periodical subject.
- manga: A collection of manga links and information.
- Manga a.k.a. Kanuri, Manga Language is an human language.
- read more about Kanuri, Manga Language
Phrases with Manga
- Hulua manga
- Kapanga manga
- Melinaea Manga
- Eustrotia Manga
- Species Hulua Manga
- Systenoplacis manga
- species Kapanga manga
- Species Melinaea Manga
- species Systenoplacis manga
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Manga
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Art of Drawing Manga (2007)
by Sergi Cámara, Vanessa Duran
Ronin manga is an interesting branch of the seinen genre, where the protagonist is usually embodied by a samurai who wanders aimlessly and without a master in search of...
Jose/ manga is a genre for women 20 years of age and older.
Comic Books (2008)
How the Industry Works by Shirrel Rhoades
Remember, manga is a thick comic book format; anime is a film or video with sound and movement. Because nouns in...
by John Layman, David Hutchison
Manga Meanings Manga is a type of comic and comic visual style native to Japan , which is growing inaeasingly popular in America. A comic or comic book is a periodical or book of sequential art; a story told in a combination of pictures and ...
Photoshop Face to Face (2013)
by Katy Freer, Francine Spiegel, Gavin Cromhout, Adrian Luna, Nathan Flood, Josh Fallon, Douglas Mullen, Jim Hannah, James Widegren
Manga is a cartoon format (note to self – one day you must work out what differentiates cartoon styles from non-cartoon styles) and so the face should be based on a single flat shade of pink. There are subtle shades to be added, but for a base ...
Digital Makeovers of Friends & Family by Katy Freer, Nathan Flood, Josh Fallon, Gavin Cromhout, Douglas Mullen, Francine Spiegel, Jim Hannah, James Widegren
Manga is a cartoon format (note to self-one day you must work out what differentiates cartoon styles from non-cartoon styles) and so the face should be based on a single flat shade of pink. 1. There are subtle shades to be added, but for a base ...
Manga: The Complete Guide (2012)
by Jason Thompson
Printed in 8-page installments in the video game magazine Famitsu PS2, the manga is a departure from the standard manga format in that it reads left to right, although the sound effects are still in Japanese. (RB) KINGDOM HEARTS: CHAIN ...
by Anne-Marie Brownhill, Alison Rucco, Deborah Simpson
Manga is a traditional Japanese comic medium and has become increasingly popular in recent years. The term 'graphic novel' is used to describe a medium and not a genre. Graphic novels can fit into many genres, including historical, fantasy ...
What Are Graphic Novels? (2014)
by Emma Carlson Berne
Manga is a very popular kind of ...
Dictionary and Grammar of the Kongo Language: English-Kongo dictionary. Kongo-English dictionary. Grammar (1887)
The sting (manga) or fang of a snake, &c, is supposed to remain in the wound and thus cause the mischief ; there...
Manga, v. (Bako.), to object to, disapprove, refuse, decline. Manganana, to be erect, sit throwing out the chest. Mangu, pi.
A Dictionary of Owa (2014)
A Language of the Solomon Islands by Greg Mellow
manga conjunction. 1) like ...
Asian Horror Encyclopedia (2001)
Asian Horror Culture in Literature, Manga and Folklore by Laurence C. Bush
and more recently the manga production Clamp's X/I999. Worth mentioning also is Iwaaki Hitoshi's popular Kiseijk (Parasyte), close in spirit to shojo horror but ...
by Mary Zeiss Stange, Carol K. Oyster, Jane E. Sloan
Unlike single-frame caricature, story manga consists of dozens of frames that engage readers in the story as the plot develops. Children are generally assumed to make up the majority of comic book readers, but development of story manga ...
Encyclopedia of the Vampire (2011)
The Living Dead in Myth, Legend, and Popular Culture by S. T. Joshi
Manga and Anime Vampire Series Vampire-focused manga (Japanese comics) and anime (Japanese animation) often exist in conjunction with other media presentations of the same property. A universe created in a novel or video game may ...
by Mary Kosut
Japanese manga should be considered one important influence on contemporary graphic novels, and many manga publications fit the basic definition given above. Manga, like graphic novels, are selfcontained illustrated narratives often ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Manga
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Manga
Click on an item to view that photo:
Un manga se lit de la droite vers la gauche et de haut en bas. Il faut donc commencer par la fin du livre !
Photo credit: marsupilami92
Photo credit: Pichiko Photography
Photo credit: DocChewbacca
Photo credit: born1945
- Drawing Manga
Photo credit: plindberg
- P1170305 manga Kyoto Japan
Photo credit: K.rol2007
- Manga and Anime
Photo credit: Earls37a
- Manga reader
Photo credit: *pb*
- Manga and Anime
Photo credit: Earls37a
- Manga artist Miyukiko exhibition
The exhibition will be in the Mosman Library Teenzone for two weeks.
Make sure to check out Miyukiko's website! fatalholic.net
Photo credit: Mosman Library
- Utrecht Manga Kissa
Photo credit: illustir
- Manga Balloon Face
Photo credit: ratsbeyfus
Photo credit: Elevationmann
- J-Pop: Hands-on Manga
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Manga
Click on an item to play that video:
- Manga Meaning
Video shows what manga means. A comic originating in Japan.. An artistic style heavily used in, and associated with, Japanese comics, and that has also been ...
- Naruto Manga Kapitel 694 Review - Naruto & Sasuke's Definition eines Hokages
- Manga eyes explanation
- Explanation: Naruto 697 Manga Chapter & One Piece 765 Late Again!
- Overall Explanation On Layers in Photoshop, Manga Studio, Illustrator and Whatever Program
- Building a manga comic language: Michael McKerlie at TEDxUbud
Michael McKerlie has a global background in performance improvement consulting. Working with hundreds of companies in North America, Australia, Europe ...
- Words of Life 1 KANURI, MANGA People/Language Movie Trailer
This is: Words of Life KANURI, MANGA People/Language Movie Trailer c01620 [c01620t] Other names for this language are: Kanouri, Kanoury, Kanu, Manga ...
- Manga Update: Snipe Character Description
- Sony PRS-T3 manga reading online, drawing, calendar, diary, extra dictionary app install demo
- Manga Character (Marks) Description 8
- Manga Character (Chapin) Description
This is a Character description of Chapin Greenleaf. Anthony's deviantART accout...
- Manga High Description
- Dark Bond's Main Character (TYU YAKI) Manga description
- B/manga, Santander, Colombia - UTS - Language department -
B/manga, Santander, Colombia - UTS - Language department - Birthday Party - 1.0 -
See also the pronunciation examples of Manga!
Quotes about Manga
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'manga"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of M3A1N1G2A1
The value of this 5-letter word is 8 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of MANGA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Manga!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Manga to see it in context!