The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun manslayer:
On this page:
Definition of the noun manslayer
What does manslayer mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: manslayers
- a criminal who commits homicide (who performs the unlawful premeditated killing of another human being)
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonyms of manslayer: liquidator / murderer
- more generic words: criminal / crook / felon / malefactor / outlaw = someone who has committed a crime or has been legally convicted of a crime; killer / slayer = someone who causes the death of a person or animal
- more specific terms:
- assassinator / assassin / bravo = a murderer (especially one who kills a prominent political figure) who kills by a surprise attack and often is hired to do the deed
- butcher = a brutal indiscriminate murderer
- cutthroat = someone who murders by cutting the victim's throat
- fratricide = a person who murders their brother or sister
- gun for hire / gunslinger / triggerman / hired gun / hit man / shooter / torpedo / gunman / hitman / gun = a professional killer who uses a gun
- hatchet man / iceman = a professional killer
- infanticide = a person who murders an infant
- mass murderer = a person who is responsible for the deaths of many victims in a single incident
- murderess = a woman murderer
- parricide = someone who kills his or her parent
- ripper = a murderer who slashes the victims with a knife
- serial murderer / serial killer = someone who murders more than three victims one at a time in a relatively short interval
- instance: Jack the Ripper = an unidentified English murderer in the 19th century
Alternative definition of the noun manslayer
- Someone who commits manslaughter
- synonym: manslaughterer
"Manslayer" is a book by Nathan Long, published in (8 years ago).
- genre: Speculative fiction
- copyright: 2007-10
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Manslayer
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by William Smith
Manslayer. Smith's. one who kills another unintentionally, and is thus distinguished from a murderer, who kills with malice aforethought. The cases of manslaughter mentioned in Scripture s appear to be a sufficient indication of the intention of ...
by TruthBeTold Ministry, Robert Jamieson, Andrew Robert Fausset, David Brown
Manslayer. -. Fausset's. (See CITIES OF REFUGE; BLOOD f; BLOODf, AVENGING OF.) ○-○...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Manslayer
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Manslayer
If you need images about Manslayer for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Video about Manslayer
Video shows what manslayer means. Someone who commits manslaughter. manslayer synonyms: manslaughterer. Manslayer Meaning. How to pronounce ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Manslayer!
Scrabble value of M3A1N1S1L1A1Y4E1R1
The value of this 9-letter word is 14 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of MANSLAYER
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Manslayer!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Manslayer to find many related words and phrases!