On this page:
- Mar. a.k.a. Morocco, officially the Kingdom of Morocco, is a country in the Maghreb region of North Africa. Geographically, Morocco is characterized by a rugged mountainous interior and large portions of desert. It is one of only three countries to have both Atlantic and Mediterranean coastlines. The Arabic name al-Mamlakah al-Maghribiyah and Al-Maghrib are commonly used as alternate names.
- also known as Kingdom of Morocco, The Western Kingdom, The West, Regne del Marroc, Al-Magrib, Maroc, Marruecos
- founded on (59 years ago)
- part of Africa, Maghreb, Mahgrib
- instance of: African country / African nation = any one of the countries occupying the African continent
- Casablanca = a port on the Atlantic and the largest city of Morocco
- El Aaium = a town in Morocco near the Atlantic coast
- Fes / Fez = a city in north central Morocco
- Marrakech / Marrakesh = a city in western Morocco
- Oujda = a city in northeastern Morocco near the Algerian border
- capital of Morocco / Rabat = the capital of Morocco
- Tangiers / Tangier = a city of northern Morocco at the west end of the Strait of Gibraltar
- Spanish Sahara / Western Sahara = an area in northwestern Africa with rich phosphate deposits
- Atlas Mountains = a mountain range in northern Africa between the Mediterranean and the Sahara Desert
- Jebel Musa / Abila / Abyla = a promontory in northern Morocco opposite the Rock of Gibraltar
- member of: Arab League = an international organization of independent Arab states formed in 1945 to promote cultural and economic and military and political and social cooperation
- member: Moroccan = a native or inhabitant of Morocco
- read more about Morocco (country)
- Mar. a.k.a. La Chinita International Airport is at Maracaibo, Venezuela.
- also known as La Chinita Airport
- part of Venezuela
- Mar. a.k.a. Mariana Renata is a French-Indonesian actress.
- Mar. a.k.a. Mar Contreras is an actress and singer.
- Mar. a.k.a. I. Marlene King is a screenwriter, television producer and director.
- Mar. a.k.a. Marline Yan is a Canadian actress and singer. Her most prominent appearance is in Canadian television series How To Be Indie.
- Mar. a.k.a. Mariya Koroleva is an American synchronized swimmer. After emigrating to the United States, Koroleva began participating in synchronized swimming, and competed at Stanford University. She was a member of teams that won silver medals in the duet and team competitions at the 2011 Pan American Games in Guadalajara, Mexico. Together with teammate Mary Killman, Koroleva qualified for the 2012 Summer Olympics in London in the duet event.
- Mar. a.k.a. Mar is a musical artist and former member of musical group Head Phones President.
- profession: Musician
- member of musical group HEAD PHONES PRESIDENT (Guitar) between and (11 years)
- Mar. a.k.a. Mar is the long-time partner of Spanish footballer Vicente Rodriguez.
- Domestic partnership with Vicente Rodríguez
Mar. a.k.a. Mar is a modern indie post-rock band hailing from Fayetteville, Arkansas. The band originally started in Charlotte, North Carolina around 2004.
- Kyle Reidy since
- genres: Post-rock, Independent music, Indie rock, Ambient music
- albums: "The Sound", "The Silence"
- official website: www.myspace.com/silenticeland
- Mar. a.k.a. Marianella Rinaldi is a fictional character from the 2007 TV series Casi ángeles.
- also known as Marianella 'Mar' Rinaldi, Mar
- Mar. a.k.a. Mar is fictional character from the television program UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie.
- Mar. a.k.a. Mar is a fictional character from the 2009 film Three Days with the Family.
- Mar. a.k.a. Mar is a fictional character from the 2008 film El patio de mi cárcel.
- Mar. a.k.a. Mar is a fictional character from the 2013 film Tasting Menu.
- "Mar." a.k.a. "Mar" is a musical album of Leo García.
- released in (14 years ago)
- "Mar." a.k.a. "Mar" is a musical album of Ultra Dolphins.
- released on (8 years ago)
- "Mar." a.k.a. "Mar" is a film, directed by Dominga Sotomayor.
- "Mar." a.k.a. "The Snake" is a 2012 drama film directed by Caner Erzincan.
- Mar. a.k.a. MÄR, an acronym for Märchen Awakens Romance, is a manga series written and illustrated by Nobuyuki Anzai. The anime television series based on the series is titled MÄR Heaven and was originally broadcast in Japan on the TXN station.
- also known as MAR, Märchen Awakens Romance
- Mar. a.k.a. March is the third month of the year in both the Julian and Gregorian calendars. It is one of seven months that are 31 days long. In the Northern Hemisphere, the meteorological beginning of spring occurs on the first day of March. The March equinox on the 20th or 21st marks the astronomical beginning of spring in the Northern Hemisphere and the beginning of autumn in the Southern Hemisphere, where September is the seasonal equivalent of the Northern Hemisphere's March.
- also known as Mar
- Mar. a.k.a. Marathi Language: Marathi is an Indo-Aryan language. It is the official language of Maharashtra state of India and is one of the 23 official languages of India. There were 73 million speakers in 2001; Marathi has the fourth largest number of native speakers in India. The major dialects of Marathi are called Standard Marathi and Warhadi Marathi. There are a few other sub-dialects like Ahirani, Dangi, Vadvali, Samavedi, Khandeshi, and Malwani. Standard Marathi is the official language of the State of Maharashtra.
- also known as Maharashtra, Malhatee, Muruthu, Maharathi, Marthi, Marathi
- Mar. a.k.a. Mar: East Syrian: Mar or West Syrian: Mor is a title of respect in Syriac, literally meaning 'my lord'. It is given to all saints and is also used before Christian name of bishops. The corresponding feminine form given to women saints is Mart or Mort. The title is placed before the Christian name, as in Mar Aprem/Mor Afrem and Mart/Mort Maryam. This is the original meaning of the name Martha 'A Lady'.
- Mar. a.k.a. Mar is a sailing tour boat based out of Halifax, Nova Scotia and known for its literary and film associations. Mar was built starting in 1957 and launched in 1959 at Frederikssund Boatbulding in Frederikssund, Denmark. She was built for author Ernest K. Gann, author of several works including "Song of the Sirens", "Twilight of the Gods" and "The High and the Mighty". She was then bought by Charles Tobias owner of Pusser's Rum Company and he used her in the filming of the 1976 film The Way of the Wind. The Mar was then purchased by Mar II Sailing Tours Ltd. based out of Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1982 and she has been sailing there ever since, with the exception of some seven day sailing excursions around the Caribbean in the 1980s. The Mar has not only sailed to the Caribbean, she has sailed extensively around the tropics and also to the Arctic. She has a sturdy design which has also allowed her to complete two circumnavigations of the globe when owned by Charles Tobias.
- Mar. a.k.a. MÄR is a TV program, begun on (10 years ago).
- country: Japan
- genres: Anime, Fantasy, Animation
- Mar. a.k.a. Mar: Grétar Mar Sigurðsson, known by his stage name and artist name Mar, is an experimental multi-genre artist and musician from Reykjavík, Iceland. Mar aims to combine various genres and mediums. He has released two studio albums, SoundEscapes and Mellows, and a few singles. When not making music, Mar works as an independent artist, sometimes fusing the two mediums together. Mar has worked with various Icelandic musicians in different bands and projects, including Two tickets to Japan and Celestine, where he worked with Ólafur Arnalds.
- Mar. a.k.a. Mal Paharia language: Mal Paharia is a language spoken by 51,000 of 110,000 ethnic Mal Paharia in the states of Jharkhand and West Bengal in India, and possibly in Bangladesh. It has been variously regarded as a Bengali–Assamese language, a dialect of Malto, and a mixed Dravidian–Indo-Aryan language. There is a positive attitude amongst speakers of the language, and the language health is considered vigorous. Nonetheless, some speakers have shifted to Bengali.
- also known as Malto, Mal Pahariya, Mader, Paharia, Mawer, Malti, Maler, Mawdo, Marpaharia, Mawer Nondi, Dehri, Mal, Parsi, Mad, Maw, Maltu, Malpaharia, Mar, Manlati
- Mar. a.k.a. Mar is a TV program.
- Mar. a.k.a. Mar is a website.
- official website: stateofillinois.us/people/Mar
- Mar. a.k.a. Mar is a file format.
- Mar. a.k.a. interferon regulatory factor 1 is a gene.
Printed books with definitions for MAR.
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
mar. refers to the Appendix on ysivopEvcp on p. XXXI, and to the marginal references to be found there. The abbreviation " cf.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for MAR.
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about MAR.
Anagrams of MAR.
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of MAR.!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of MAR. to see it in context!