Mara appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- Dennis, Nell, Edna, Leon, Nedra, Anita, Rolf, Nora, Alice, Carol, Leo, Jane, Reed, Dena, Dale, Basil, Rae, Penny, Lana, Dave, Denny, Lena, Ida, Bernadette, Ben, Ray, Lila, Nina, Jo, Ira, Mara, Sara, Mario, Jan, Ina, Lily, Arne, Bette, Dan, Reba, Diane, Lynn, Ed, Eva, Dana, Lynne, Pearl, Isabel, Ada, Ned, Dee, Rena, Joel, Lora, Cecil, Aaron, Flora, Tina, Arden, Noel and Ellen sinned.
On this page:
- Definition of the noun mara
- Phrases with Mara
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Mara
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Mara
- Photos about Mara
- Videos about Mara
- Quotes about Mara
- Scrabble value of M3A1R1A1
- Anagrams of MARA
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun mara
What does mara mean as a name of something?
noun - plural:
- mara: maras
- Mara: -
- Hindu god of death; opposite of Kama
- hare-like rodent of the pampas of Argentina
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- scientific names: Cavia patagonum / species Cavia patagonum / Dolichotis patagonum
- more generic words: gnawer / rodent = relatively small placental mammals having a single pair of constantly growing incisor teeth specialized for gnawing
- member of: Dolichotis / genus Dolichotis = maras
- geographic area: South America
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Alternative definition of the noun mara
- a rodent, scientific name Dolichotis, common in the Patagonian steppes of Argentina
- Mara a.k.a. Judy Ann Santos: Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo is a Filipino film and television actress, host, product endorser, recording artist, and film producer.
- read more about Judy Ann Santos (actress)
- Mara a.k.a. Mara Lopez: Mara Isabella Lopez Yokohama, known as simply Mara Lopez, is a Filipina actress and surfer. She is a member of Star Magic Batch 13.
- read more about Mara Lopez (actress)
- Mara a.k.a. Maria Statoulova is a Bulgarian actress.
- read more about Maria Statoulova (actress)
- Mara, pseudonimo di Mara Bertuzzi, è una cantante italiana.
- also known as Mara Bertuzzi
- born on (46 years ago)
- Mara is a musical group.
- Mara a.k.a. Mara! is a musical group.
- albums: "Images", "Sezoni"
- official website: www.maramusic.com.au
Mara is a Romanian supermarket chain operating 2 supermarkets in Focşani.
- The Mara is a fictional monster in the long-running British science fiction television series, Doctor Who. It is a being of pure hatred, anger and greed, and requires the fear of its victims to survive. It exists in the minds of its victims and can transmit itself telepathically, although it can also physically manifest as a giant snake. It is so evil that it cannot bear the sight of its own reflection. In the Dark Places of the Inside, it manifests as phantoms such as Dukkha, Anatta, and Annica.
- Mara is a fictional character from tv series Mara Clara.
- also known as Mara del Valle
- Mara is a fictional character from the 1964 film La vita agra.
- Mara is a fictional character from the 1972 film Crime Boss.
- Mara is a fictional character from the 1964 film Bebo's Girl.
- Mara is a fictional character from the 2010 Three Steps Above Heaven and the 2012 film I Want You.
- Mara is a fictional character from the 2012 Drama Film Formentera.
- Mara is a fictional character from the 2011 film Hard Labor.
- Mara is a fictional character from the 1993 TV series Mara Clara and later in the 1996 film Mara Clara: The Movie.
- Mara is a fictional character from the 1999 film Bagnomaria.
- Mara is a fictional character from the 1964 film Men and Women.
- Mara: The representation in fiction of Samson's mother.
- Mara is a fictional character from the 1995 film Village of the Damned.
- Mara is a fictional character from the 1952 film Sunday Heroes.
- Mara is a fictional character from the 2013 film Maria.
- Mara is a fictional character from the 2007 film Shelter Me.
- Mara is a fictional character from the 1997 film Brute.
- Mara is a fictional character from the 1985 film Little Flames.
- Mara is a fictional character from the 1971 film Slaughter Hotel.
- Mara is a fictional character from the 1999 film Esther.
- Mara is a fictional character from the 2001 film The Ignorant Fairies.
- Mara is a fictional character from the 2002 film Dekada '70.
- Mara is a fictional character from the 2000 film Teeth.
- Mara is a fictional character from the 1976 film Deported Women of the SS Special Section.
- Mara is a fictional character from the 1970 film Road to Salina.
- Mara is a fictional character from the 2008 film Silent Wedding.
- Mara is a fictional character from the 2006 film The Woods.
- Mara is a fictional character from the 2006 film 5ive Girls.
- Mara is a fictional character from the 2007 film The Right Distance.
- Mara is a fictional character from the 1976 film Free Hand for a Tough Cop.
- Mara is a fictional character from the 2008 film A Perfect Day.
- Mara is a fictional character from the 1952 film La Colpa di una madre.
- Mara is a fictional character from the TV program Komkis.
- Mara is a fictional character from the 2008 film Good Morning Heartache.
- Mara is a fictional character in the 1997 adventure romance film 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
- Mara is a fictional character from the 1957 film The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
"Mara" is a novel written by Ioan Slavici.
- "Mara" is a film.
- genres: Horror, Mystery, Thriller
- released on
- "Mara" a.k.a. "Māra" is a film, directed by Krista Burāne.
- genre: Documentary film
- released in
- "Mara" is the ninth album by Scottish Celtic rock group Runrig, released in 1995. The title means 'of the sea' in Scots Gaelic. It is the last album featuring Donnie Munro on vocals and the fifth and final album released on Chrysalis records.
- "Mara" is a musical album of Mara Maravilha.
- released in (21 years ago)
- "Mara" a.k.a. "Māra" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by Māris Šverns
- Mara a.k.a. Mara Region is one of Tanzania's 30 administrative regions. The regional capital is the municipality of Musoma. According to the 2012 national census, the region had a population of 1,743,830, which was lower than the pre-census projection of 1,963,460. For 2002-2012, the region's 2.5 percent average annual population growth rate was the thirteenth highest in the country. It was also the twelfth most densely populated region with 80 people per square kilometer.
- read more about Mara Region
- The Mara is an 8-kilometre Italian stream of Insubria, which runs through the Italian Province of Como and the Swiss Canton Ticino. It rises on the slopes of Monte Sighignola and enters Lake Lugano at Maroggia.
- also known as Mara river
- part of Switzerland
- Mara, in Buddhism, is the demon that tempted Gautama Buddha by trying to seduce him with the vision of beautiful women who, in various legends, are often said to be Mara's daughters. In Buddhist cosmology, Mara personifies unwholesome impulses, unskillfulness, the "death" of the spiritual life. He is a tempter, distracting humans from practicing the spiritual life by making mundane things alluring, or the negative seem positive.
- Mara a.k.a. Māra is the highest-ranking goddess in Latvian mythology, Mother Earth, a feminine counterpart to Dievs. She may be thought as the alternate side of Dievs. Other Latvian goddesses, sometimes all of them, are considered her assistants, or alternate aspects. Māra may have been also the same goddess as Lopu māte, Piena Māte, Veļu Māte, Zemes Māte, and many other "mothers", like of Wood, Water, Sea, Wind. Māra is also depicted in Latvian mythology as the goddess of good fortune.
- read more about Māra
- Mara a.k.a. Maras are gangs originating from USA and which were imported in Central American countries such as El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala.
- Mara is a Sanskrit word meaning "death" or any personification thereof.
- marA is a gene.
- Mara refers to a tribe in Arunachal Pradesh. The Mara are ethnically Tagin although they claim to be a separate group, just like the Nga to the north, but they acknowledge a common ancestry. Like the Nga, the Mara also engage in barter trade with the Tibetans in the north prior to the closure of the Indo-Tibetan border in view of the 1962 Sino-Indian War.
- Mara a.k.a. Marra language: Marra is an Australian Aboriginal language, traditionally spoken on an area of the Gulf of Carpentaria coast in the Northern Territory around the Roper, Towns and Limmen Rivers. Marra is now an endangered language. The most recent survey was in 1991; at that time, there were only 15 speakers, all elderly. Most Marra people now speak Kriol as their main language. The remaining elderly Marra speakers live in the Aboriginal communities of Ngukurr, Numbulwar, Borroloola and Minyerri.
- read more about Marra language
- Mara a.k.a. Mara language is an human language.
- read more about Mara language
- marA is a genomic locus.
Phrases with Mara
- Genus Mara
- Baccha Mara
- Andrena mara
- Anthrax Mara
- Antocha Mara
- Chacoan Mara
- Dacnusa Mara
- Epitola Mara
- Species Mara
- Aphodius Mara
- Eucereon Mara
- Euthalia Mara
- Stiboges Mara
- Tanaecia Mara
- Alloxysta Mara
- Holorusia Mara
- Mycalesis Mara
- Ocyptamus Mara
- Odostomia Mara
- Potanthus Mara
View more phrases with the word Mara in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Mara
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Hidden Lamp (2013)
Stories from Twenty-Five Centuries of Awakened Women by Zenshin Florence Caplow, Reigetsu Susan Moon
Mara is the internalized voice of conditioning that keeps us in thrall to the familial and cultural messages that maintain...
it with courage, we have an opportunity to rediscover our inherent wholeness and perfection, and then Mara is a goner.
by Je Tsongkhapa, Lobsang Gyatso, Graham Woodhouse
Mara means demon, or demonic influence, that hinders the practice of virtue. It may be an external spirit or an aspect of our own imperfect condition. All hindrances on the path to liberation are subsumed under the four maras. The first mara is ...
by Helena Petrovna Blavatsky
Mara is the God of Darkness, the Fallen One, and Death-l; and yet it is one of the names of Kama, the first god in the Vedas, the Logos, from whom have sprung the Knmtiras, and this ' ~' When the Sun passes away behind the 30th degree of ...
Travelers' Tales Thailand (2009)
True Stories by James O'Reilly, Larry Habegger
Mara is a principle of death ...
Hawk's Way: Carter & Falcon (2015)
The Cowboy Takes a Wife\The Unforgiving Bride by Joan Johnston
“Mara is a widow and Susannah is sick ...
mara "Hacke, Grabcheit" [Pedes 1905, 382] ...
by Hiram Bingham
Mara'unako, v. a. dropping off to sleep : burning low as a fire. Mara'urau, a. quite soft. Ma'ran, a. straight as the hair. Ma'ran, n. ( Eng. ) a melon.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Mara
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Mara
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: ericderedelijkheid
Photo credit: douglemoine
From South America
Photo credit: Jason Langlois
Fiesta saharaui Aduna '08
Photo credit: Bichuas (E. Carton)
aka Patagonian Hare.
Photo credit: Neil T
Long exposure taken at dusk.
Photo credit: andrewasmith
Photo credit: andrewasmith
Photo credit: Symic
- Masai Mara
Impala looking for salt.
Photo credit: hktang
- Mara on the loose
Photo credit: Matt From London
- Masai Mara
Photo credit: imaginextra
- Hal mara mooz =p
Photo credit: @bin_s3eeed
- The Mara
Photo credit: luigig
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Mara
Click on an item to play that video:
- Mara Meaning
Video shows what mara means. A nightmare, a spectre or wraith-like creature in Germanic and particularly Scandinavian folklore, a female demon who torments ...
- Rooney Mara Oscar 2012 Special Q&A - meaning of Salander Tattoos
Rooney Mara talks about Lisbeth Salander, physicality of the role, meaning of tattoos, describe a few of them and how she approached the role.
- Microsoft Word liata Mara Dictionary tao nada.
MS Word liata Dictionary tao u sila hmiala hrala cha ei ma chapaiti ta automatic ta spelling zy he atao thai ha ba sala. spelling zy chhao pahthai kao aw mapi.
- Mara - travel and tourism internship description
- Mara product description
- Imran Khan in haryanavi language - 'Mara Naam Se Hukam Singh Matru...bavari Chori Bijli Mandola
- MARA BECK - Difference Between Speech and Language Skills
- Good News MARA: Myanmar People/Language Movie Trailer
- Mara Cobe, K 12 World Language Specialist
- MARA BECK - Speech and Language Development
- Masai Mara ESST Description
- Download Language of Ballet A Dictionary Dance Horizons Book By Thalia Mara PDF
See also the pronunciation examples of Mara!
Quotes about Mara
He said there is 80 of us, ready to come down and the next thing I knew is that Jo Brown dashed in and said your family has already moved and you have to move, the boat is ready to take you out. I didn't have time to ask, even ask a question. (Kamisese Mara)
more quotes about mara...
Scrabble value of M3A1R1A1
The value of this 4-letter word is 6 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of MARA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Mara!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Mara to see it in context!