On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun marihuana
What does marihuana mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: marihuanas
- a strong-smelling plant whose dried leaves can be smoked for a pleasant effect or pain reduction
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific name: Cannabis sativa
- synonyms of marihuana: ganja / marijuana
- more generic words: cannabis / hemp = any plant of the genus Cannabis; a coarse bushy annual with palmate leaves and clusters of small green flowers
- part: Acapulco gold / Mexican green = a particularly potent variety of marijuana
- the most commonly used illicit drug; considered a soft drug, it consists of the dried leaves of the hemp plant; smoked or chewed for euphoric effect
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonyms of marihuana: cannabis / ganja / marijuana
- more generic terms: controlled substance = a drug or chemical substance whose possession and use are controlled by law; soft drug = a drug of abuse that is considered relatively mild and not likely to cause addiction
- more specific terms:
- part of: cannabis / hemp = any plant of the genus Cannabis; a coarse bushy annual with palmate leaves and clusters of small green flowers
- substance of: joint / marijuana cigarette / reefer / spliff / stick = marijuana leaves rolled into a cigarette for smoking
- "Marihuana" is a 1936 exploitation film directed by Dwain Esper, and written by Esper's wife, Hildegarde Stadie.
- "Marihuana" a.k.a. "The Marihuana Story" is a 1950 Argentine film directed by León Klimovsky. It was entered into the 1951 Cannes Film Festival.
- read more about The Marihuana Story
- "Marihuana" a.k.a. "Marihuana (El monstruo verde)": Marihuana is a 1936 Mexican film. It stars Sara García.
- read more about Marihuana (El monstruo verde)
"Marihuana" is a 1941 novella by Cornell Woolrich, published under the pen-name William Irish. The story is about a man who goes on a murder spree after being exposed to marijuana for the first time.
- language: English Language
- genre: Mystery
- subject: Popular literature
- "Marihuana" is a composition.
- "Marihuana" is a musical single of Hierrrsch.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Marihuana
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Marihuana and Medicine (1999)
by Gabriel G. Nahas, Kenneth M. Sutin, David J. Harvey, Stig Agurell
MARIHUANA IS THE WRONG MEDICINE Gabriel G. Nahas, Kenneth Sutin, W. Manger, and G. Hyman The debate...
by J. Burton Anderson
Here is a small sample of Anslinger's totally fabricated lies that Hearst eagerly printed: “Marihuana is an addictive drug which produces in its users insanity, criminality...
“Marihuana is the most violencecausing drug in the history of mankind.
Illicit Drugs (2011)
by Richard Isralowitz, Peter L. Myers
“Marihuana is an addictive drug which produces in its users insanity, criminality, and death.” The American Medical Association goes on record stating “There is no evidence . . . that the medicinal use of [cannabis and its preparations and ...
by Mary Darkeff
But the amount smoked is much less, especially in medical use, and once marihuana is an openly recognized medicine, solutions may be found. Water pipes are a partial answer; ultimately a technology for the inhalation of cannabinoid ...
Clinical Ocular Toxicology (2008)
Drug-Induced Ocular Side Effects by Frederick T. Fraunfelder, Frederick W. Fraunfelder Jr., Wiley A. Chambers
Marihuana is the most widely used illicit drug in the USA and one of the oldest recorded medicines in the world. It is almost always smoked. The oral form, dronabinol, is largely unappealing to the addict and therefore has a very low abuse ...
Brave New Weed (2016)
Adventures into the Uncharted World of Cannabis by Joe Dolce
With no medical or scientific evidence backing him up, Anslinger claimed that “ marihuana is an addictive drug which produces insanity, criminality and death.” Speaking before Congress, Anslinger called a number of “experts,” including Dr.
Substance Abuse (2005)
A Comprehensive Textbook by Joyce H. Lowinson
Smoking marihuana is a better way of titrating the dose than is the taking of an oral cannabinoid, and most patients seem to prefer it. Unfortunately ...
A Text for Rehabilitation Counselors, Other Vocational Practitioners, and Allied Health Professionals by Walter C. Stolov, Michael R. Clowers
Since marihuana is a mild hallucinogen, the comments on rehabilitation potential for hallucinogen abuse are also applicable here. Where a true psychological dependence develops, the abuser will tend to deal with any stress by turning to ...
Defining Crimes (2017)
by Joseph L. Hoffmann, William J. Stuntz
Notwithstanding the use of the term “knowingly” in any provision of this chapter defining an offense in which the aggregate weight of a controlled substance or marihuana is an element, knowledge by the defendant of the aggregate weight of ...
Ethnopharmacology and Its Applications by Christian Rätsch
Das Handbuch für die Marihuana-Zucht in Haus und Garten. Linden: Volksverlag . Jansen, A. C. M. 1991. Cannabis in Amsterdam: A geography of hashish and marihuana. Muiderberg, Netherlands: Dick Coutinho. Mann, Peggy. 1987.
by Tony Thorne
bud n American cannabis, marihuana. The use of the word is probably inspired by the appearance of the flowering heads and round seeds of marihuana ...
Drugs in American Society: An Encyclopedia of History, Politics, Culture, and the Law [3 volumes] (2014)
by Nancy E. Marion, Willard M. Oliver
It shall be unlawful for any person who shall not have paid the special tax and registered, as required by section 2, to send, ship, carry, transport, or deliver any marihuana within any Territory, the District of Columbia, or any insular possession, ...
Volume 22: Science and Medicine by James G. Thomas Jr., Charles Reagan Wilson
Whitebread II, The Marihuana Conviction: A ...
Dictionary of Toxicology (2014)
by Ernest Hodgson, Michael Roe
marihuana (marijuana) The term is derived from the indigenous Mexican or Central American word maraguango, a general term meaning any ...
by Thomas Nordegren
Marihuana Marijuana. Marihuana en grena Colloquial term for “green” marijuana , unprocessed marijuana. Marihuanero Colloquial term for marijuana user. Marijane Colloquial term for marijuana. Marijuana 1. The cannabis plant ( Cannabis ...
by Jeffrey Wayne Vincoli
marihuana An annual herb, cannabis sativa, having angular rough stem and deeply lobed leaves. The bast fibers of cannabis are the hemp of commerce. A drug ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Marihuana
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Marihuana
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Scrabble value of M3A1R1I1H4U1A1N1A1
The value of this 9-letter word is 14 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of MARIHUANA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Marihuana!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Marihuana to see it in context!