On this page:
- Marne is a department in north-eastern France named after the river Marne which flows through the department. The prefecture of Marne is Châlons-en-Champagne. The subprefectures are Épernay, Reims, Sainte-Menehould, and Vitry-le-François.
- The Marne is a river in France, a right tributary of the Seine in the area east and southeast of Paris. It is 514 kilometres long. The river gave its name to the départements of Haute-Marne, Marne, Seine-et-Marne, and Val-de-Marne.
- Marne is a town in the district of Dithmarschen, in Schleswig-Holstein, Germany. It is situated near the North Sea coast, approx. 30 km south of Heide, and 25 km northeast of Cuxhaven.
- Marne is a city in Cass County, Iowa, United States. The population was 120 at the 2010 census.
- Marne is an unincorporated community in Wright Township of Ottawa County in the U.S. state of Michigan. Township offices are located in the community. Marne is 21.9 sq. miles large.
- Marne a.k.a. Marne, Ohio: Marne is a census-designated place in Licking County, Ohio, United States. The population was 783 at the 2010 census.
- read more about Marne, Ohio
- Marne a.k.a. Marne, West Virginia: Marne is an unincorporated community in Clay County, West Virginia, United States.
- read more about Marne, West Virginia
There are other places with in their name, like Marne River, Azy-sur-Marne, Bry-sur-Marne, Mary-sur-Marne, Méry-sur-Marne, Ussy-sur-Marne, Annet-sur-Marne, Barzy-sur-Marne, Chézy-sur-Marne, Marne-la-Vallée, Passy-sur-Marne, Précy-sur-Marne, Saâcy-sur-Marne, Beauté-sur-Marne, Champs-sur-Marne, Charly-sur-Marne, Nogent-sur-Marne.
Phrases with Marne
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Marne
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Collected Travel Writings (1993)
The Continent by Henry James
The Marne is a pretty little green river, the vegetation upon whose banks, otherwise unadorned, had begun to blush with the early frosts in a manner that suggested the autumnal tints of American scenery. The trees and bushes were scarlet ...
From the Trenches (2013)
The Best ANZAC Writing of World War One by Mark Dapin
The Marne is a deep stream with a slow current, and is a popular boating river. Two or three boatingclub sheds lay pleasantly situated on the banks of the stream, bowered in foliage and trees. Up and down the river the scene was exceedingly ...
by James C. Bradford
armies near the Marne attacked. The BEF drove a dangerous gap between the German First and Second Armies, leading to a general German retreat across the Marne River to the Aisne. After turning back a French attack in the St. Gond ...
by Clive Coates
The house finally emerged, without its 210 hectares of vineyards, in the hands ot Marne et Champagne in 1991. At Lanson, as at Piper-Heidsieck and Krug. the base wine does not undergo a malolactic fermentation. The 6rm was one of the ...
by Stephen Pope, Elizabeth-Anne Wheal
Marne, Second Battle of the Crucial battle fought east of Paris injuly 1918. It marked the final collapse of the German spams omnSlVES, and ushered in a series of decisive Allied counteroffensives on the WESTERN FRONT.
The Cyclopædia; Or, Universal Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and Literature. By Abraham Rees, ... with the Assistance of Eminent Professional Gentlemen. Illustrated with Numerous Engravings, by the Most Disinguished Artists. In Thirthy-nine Volumes. Vol. 1 [- 39] (1819)
MARNE, a town of Perfia, in the province of Khorafan ; 2 Io miles N. of Herat. MARNE, one of the ten departments of the N.E. region of France, composed of Remois and Perthois, with a part of Brie, bounded on the N. by the departments of the ...
by Abraham Rees
MARNE, a river of France, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Marne
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Marne
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Marne River.
Scrabble value of M3A1R1N1E1
The value of this 5-letter word is 7 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of MARNE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Marne!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Marne to see it in context!