The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the adjective marvelous:
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective marvelous
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Marvelous
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Marvelous
- Photos about Marvelous
- Video language resources about Marvelous
- Quotes about Marvelous
- Scrabble value of M3A1R1V4E1L1O1U1S1
- Share this page
Marvelous is sometimes a misspelling of marvellous.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective marvelous
What does marvelous mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more marvelous / most marvelous
- extraordinarily good or great; used especially as intensifiers
- too improbable to admit of belief
- being or having the character of a miracle
Alternative definition of the adjective marvelous
- Exciting wonder or surprise; astonishing; wonderful.
"Marvelous" is a 2006 American drama/comedy written and directed by Síofra Campbell.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Ian Moore & Síofra Campbell
- executive producer: Lynn Goldner
- production design by Tamar Gadish
- written by Síofra Campbell
- Martha Plimpton as Gwen
- Annabella Sciorra as Lara
- Ewen Bremner as Lars
- Amy Ryan as Queenie
- Michael Shannon as John
- Michelle Anthony as Waitress
- Brooke Behmke as Guard
- Kit Bihun as Makeup Girl
- John Bosch as Cop 1
- Kelly Campbell as Carmen
- Ollie Campbell as Cameraman 2
- Paul Cotton as Producer
- Suzanne DuCharme as Mrs. Powers
- Karl Kenzler as Reporter
- Susan Kerner as Sandy
- cinematography by Sean Kirby
- edited by Joe Klotz
- music by Dominic Rippel
- costume design by Natalia Parsons
- set decoration by Deborah Flowers & Moira Shaughnessy
- genres: Comedy, Drama
- released on (8 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Marvelous
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Keith Aspley
LE MERVEILLEUX (THE MARVELOUS). One of the fundamental watchwords or criteria of Surrealism; in the first Manifeste du sur- réalisme (25) André Breton states categorically: “. . . le merveilleux est toujours beau, n'importe quel merveilleix ...
by Howard Mancing
The Marvelous Puppet Show. The sixth interlude in ...
OMOMM, plural marvels \<-rh marveled, marveling, marvels marvelous adjective 1. Causing wonder or admiration; amazing: a marvelous ...
by Merriam-Webster, Inc
marvelous. Mars. 6 planet combining form: 4 areo moon: 6 Deimos, Phobos relating to: 7 martian; (see also Ares) Marseillaise composer 13 Rouget de Lisle ( Claude-Joseph) marsh 3 bog, fen 4 mire, ooze, quag 5 bayou, glade, swail, swale, ...
Revised Full-Color Edition by Merrill C. Tenney
marvel, marvelous. These English terms are used frequently in the KJV (where the adjective is spelled “marvellous”), almost always with reference to divinity. OT writers extolled God's “marvelous works,” including ...
by Eugene Christian
The marvelous metabolism by which energy is translated into life, by Nature's processes, is not only beyond our control, but beyond our comprehension. We should make it an invariable rule, therefore, never to interfere in any way, but to ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Marvelous
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Marvelous
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: StickerGiant
Photo credit: aye jay
- Marvelous Refuse
Ok, they really should start picking up that trash, the blizzard's been over for a while now. Lol
Photo credit: TheCoolQuest
- Have a Marvelous Monday
Photo credit: cskulevold
- Marvelous and her Stick
Photo credit: lostintheredwoods
- Marvelous Ice Block
Photo credit: TomashDevenishek
- Marvelous Mane Monday
Photo credit: 3dpete
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Marvelous
Click on an item to play that video:
- Marvelous Meaning
Video shows what marvelous means. Exciting wonder or surprise, astonishing, wonderful.. Marvelous Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary.
- Midlandia (Marvelous World Definition)
- Besides Daniel - "A New Language" from 'This Marvelous Grief'
Featuring Prisca Strother. Available on 'This Marvelous Grief"...
- AWESOME! 4 year old boy from Samarkand marvelous singing in Farsi-language
AWESOME! 4 year old boy from Samarkand Jurabek Juraev marvelous singing in Farsi-language.
- Video of adoptable pet Marvelous, Adjective
- Marvelous Madelynn reading a different language.
See also the pronunciation examples of Marvelous!
Quotes about Marvelous
Fortunately, John Houseman is a marvelous writer and he sat in on so many story conferences. He worked with Welles, you know, and he's a marvelous man. (Vincente Minnelli)
more quotes about marvelous...
Scrabble value of M3A1R1V4E1L1O1U1S1
The value of this 9-letter word is 14 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Marvelous to see it in context!