On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun master's degree
What does master's degree mean as a name of something?
- an academic degree higher than a bachelor's degree but lower than a doctor's degree
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- more generic terms: academic degree / degree = an award conferred by a college or university signifying that the recipient has satisfactorily completed a course of study
- more specific terms:
- Master of Architecture / MArch = a degree granted for the successful completion of advanced study of architecture
- Artium Magister / Master of Arts / AM / MA = a master's degree in arts and sciences
- Master of Arts in Library Science / MALS = a master's degree in library science
- Master of Arts in Teaching / MAT = a master's degree in teaching
- Master in Business Administration / Master in Business / MBA = a master's degree in business
- Master of Divinity / MDiv = a master's degree in religion
- Master of Education / MEd = a master's degree in education
- Master of Fine Arts / MFA = a master's degree in fine arts
- Master of Literature / MLitt = a master's degree in literature
- Master of Library Science / MLS = a master's degree in library science
- Master in Public Affairs = a master's degree in questions of public concern
- Master of Science / MSc / MS / SM = a master's degree in science
- Master of Science in Engineering = a master's degree in engineering
- Master of Theology / ThM = a master's degree in theology
Alternative definition of the noun master's degree
- A postgraduate degree which aims to assist students in developing a mastery for a particular academic field or profession.
Various documents about Master's Degree
Click on a title to view that document, then you can search inside it:
- 32 pages
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Master's Degree
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Master's Degree
Click on an item to view that photo:
Barb and her Master's degree
Photo credit: A.M. Kuchling
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Master's Degree
Click on an item to play that video:
- Master's degree Meaning
Video shows what master's degree means. A postgraduate degree which aims to assist students in developing a mastery for a particular academic field or ...
- Student Priti Ahuja on Early Childhood Education Master's Degree with Bilingual/ESL Specialization
How can teachers help shrink the achievement gap in their classrooms? Student Priti Ahuja came to Erikson's rigorous master's program to learn just that.
See also the pronunciation examples of Master's Degree!
Quotes about Master's Degree
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Master's Degree to see it in context!