On this page:
- Mat. a.k.a. The Mat is a river in northern Albania. Its source is near Martanesh, in the Bulqizë District. It flows west towards the Mat District, which takes it name from the river, and northwest through the towns Klos and Burrel. About 10 km downstream from Burrel it flows into a large reservoir. After passing through a hydroelectric dam, it flows through another, smaller reservoir and forms a narrow gorge through the mountain range that separates the Mat district from the coastal plains. It enters the plains between Milot and Zejmen.
- part of Albania
- Mat. a.k.a. Tshimpi Airport is an airport in Matadi, Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- also known as Matadi Tshimpi Airport
- part of Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Mat. a.k.a. Mathew Baynton: Mathew John Baynton is an English actor, musician and writer. He is best known as the co-creator, writer and star of sitcoms The Wrong Mans and Yonderland, as well as a member of the starring troupe of children's sketch comedy Horrible Histories. Other major recurring TV roles include Deano in Gavin & Stacey and Chris Pitt-Goddard in Spy.
- Mat. a.k.a. Mathew Belcher is an athlete, olympic athlete.
- Mat. a.k.a. Peter Mata'utia: Peter Mata'utia is a Samoan Australian professional rugby league footballer for the St. George Illawarra Dragons of the National Rugby League. He primarily plays at fullback, centre and wing.
- Mat. a.k.a. Zdenek Valenta is a pornographic actor.
- also known as Val Thomas, Tumas, Jack Woody, Matt Gutar, Vaclav Tuma, Martin Kaspar, Mat, Virgil Turner, Vaclav, Daniel Dvorak
- profession: Pornographic film actor
- Mat. a.k.a. Matrick Belton is an American football wide receiver for the Hampton University Pirates.
Mat. a.k.a. MAT is a Turkish rock band.
- album: "MAT"
- official website: www.matonline.net
Mat. a.k.a. MAT is a record label.
- Mat. a.k.a. Mattana is a fictional character from the novel series Sam Taharn Seu which is adapted to several versions of tv series.
- also known as Mat
- Mat. a.k.a. Mat is a fictional character from the 2009 film Diamant 13.
- Mat. a.k.a. Mat is a fictional character from the 2003 drama film The Return.
- Mat. a.k.a. Mat is a fictional character from the 1976 blaxploitation film Velvet Smooth.
- Mat. a.k.a. Mat is a fictional character in the film Summer Breaks.
- Mat. a.k.a. Mat is a fictional character from the 2013 film There's Been a Terrible Mistake.
- Mat. a.k.a. Mat is a fictional character from the 1994 film Leprechaun 2.
- Mat. a.k.a. Mat is a fictional character from the 2014 film, The Mend.
- Mat. a.k.a. Mat is a fictional character from the 1945 film Harvest Gold.
- Mat. a.k.a. Mat is a fictional character in the 2013 film Halbschatten.
"Mat." a.k.a. "MAT" is a musical album of MAT.
- released in (8 years ago)
- "Mat." a.k.a. "Mother" is a 1926 Soviet film directed by Vsevolod Pudovkin depicting one woman's struggle against Tsarist rule during the Russian Revolution of 1905. The film is based on the 1906 novel The Mother by Maxim Gorky.
- also known as Mat
- country: Soviet Union
- languages: Russian Language, Silent film
- art direction by Sergei Kozlovsky
- written by Nathan Zarkhi
- based on a story by Maxim Gorky
- Nikolai Batalov as Pavel Vlassov
- Vera Baranovskaya as Pelageya Nilovna Vlasova
- Aleksandr Chistiakov as Vlasov
- Anna Zemtsova as Revolutionary Girl
- Ivan Koval-Samborsky as Pavel's friend
- Vsevolod Pudovkin as Police Officer
- Aleksandr Savitsky as Isaik Gorbov
- N. Vidonov as Misha
- F. Ivanov as Prison Warden
- Ivan Bobrov as Young Prisoner
- Vladimir Uralsky as Student
- Aleksandr Gromov as Revolutionary
- cinematography by Anatoli Golovnya
- music by Tikhon Khrennikov, David Blok
- genres: Silent film, Drama
- rating: G
- released on (89 years ago)
- "Mat." a.k.a. "Mother" is a 1955 Soviet drama film directed by Mark Donskoy and based on the eponymous novel by Maxim Gorky. It was entered into the 1956 Cannes Film Festival.
- also known as Мать, 1905, Mat
- country: Soviet Union
- language: Russian Language
- producer: Mark Donskoy
- written by Mark Donskoy & Nikolai Kovarsky
- based on "The Mother" by Maxim Gorky
- Tatyana Piletskaya as Sasha
- Nikifor Kolofidin as Vlasov
- Pavel Usovnichenko as Rybin
- Andrey Petrov as Andrei Nakhodka
- Aleksey Batalov as Pavel Vlassov
- Vladimir Marenkov as Vesoshukov
- Liliya Gritsenko as Sophia Ivanovna
- Pavel Volkov as Nikolai Suzov
- Sergei Kurilov as Nikolai Ivanovich
- Vera Maretskaya as Pelageya Nilovna Vlasova
- Ivan Neganov as Agent
- Oleg Borisov
- genre: Drama
- released in (60 years ago)
- "Mat." a.k.a. "Taste" is a romance and melodrama directed by Kyeong Seok-Ho.
- also known as Mat
- country: South Korea
- language: Korean Language
- genres: Romance Film, Melodrama, East Asian cinema, World cinema
- rating: Teenager Restricted
- released on
- Mat. a.k.a. Mat: A mat is a generic term for a piece of fabric or flat material, generally placed on a floor or other flat surface, and serving a range of purposes including: providing a regular or flat surface, such as a mousepad. protecting that which is beneath the mat, such as a place mat or the matting used in archival framing and preservation of documents and paintings. protecting that which is above the mat, such as a wrestling or gymnastics mat, or an anti-vibration mat.
- also known as 깔개
- Mat. a.k.a. Mat: In the picture framing industry, a mat is a thin, flat piece of paper-based material included within a picture frame, which serves as additional decoration and to perform several other, more practical functions, such as separating the art from the glass. Putting mats in a frame is called matting, a term which can also usually be used interchangeably with mat.
- Mat. a.k.a. Mat is the term for strong obscene profanity in Russian and some other Slavic language communities.
- also known as Russian mat
- Mat. a.k.a. Mat: Mats are used for safety in gymnastics, and in training new skills. They are usually a piece of foam ranging from 1.5-28 inches thick, covered in a vinyl or plastic lining. The foam ranges in density from relatively firm to very soft.
- Mat. a.k.a. The Matlatzinca language, also called Tlahuica or Ocuiltec, is an indigenous language of Mexico spoken by the Matlatzinca people in the southern part of the State of Mexico. It is an Oto-Manguean language of the Oto-Pamean subgroup. The name of the language in the language itself is pjiekak'joo, "The language that I speak".
- Mat. a.k.a. Multifocal atrial tachycardia is a cardiac arrhythmia, specifically a type of supraventricular tachycardia, that is particularly common in older people and is associated with exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Normally, the heart rate is controlled by a cluster of cells called the sinoatrial node. When a number of different clusters of cells outside of the SA node take over control of the heart rate, and the rate exceeds 100 beats per minute, this is called multifocal atrial tachycardia.
- also known as MAT
- Mat. a.k.a. mat is a gene.
- Mat. a.k.a. Matlatzinca is an human language.
- also known as Matlatzinca de San Francisco de los Ranchos; Matlatzinca, San Francisco Language; Matlatzinca proper
- Mat. a.k.a. Mat is a file format.
- Mat. a.k.a. methionine adenosyltransferase I, alpha is a gene.
- Mat. a.k.a. Matrix metalloproteinase 7 is a protein.
- also known as Matrilysin, uterine; MAT; MMP-7; Matrix metalloproteinase-7; MPMM; MPSL1; Mmp7; PUMP-1
- Mat. a.k.a. acetyl-Coenzyme A acetyltransferase 1 (acetoacetyl Coenzyme A thiolase) is a gene.
- also known as acetyl-Coenzyme A acetyltransferase 1, acetoacetyl Coenzyme A thiolase
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Mat.
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Encyclopedia of Hinduism (2008)
by Denise Cush, Catherine Robinson, Michael York
The term mat.ha is most closely associated with the work of S ́an ̇kara, to whom is attributed the organisation of sam.ya ̄sins...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Mat.
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Anagrams of MAT.
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Mat.!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Mat. to see it in context!