On this page:
- Definition of the noun maths
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Maths
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Maths
- Photos about Maths
- Video language resources about Maths
- Quotes about Maths
- Scrabble value of M3A1T1H4S1
- Anagrams of MATHS
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun maths
What does maths mean as a name of something?
- a science (or group of related sciences) dealing with the logic of quantity and shape and arrangement
- examples: I like maths. | Maths. Homework's about derivatives, but I really can't seem to cope with it. | John is good at maths. | I have a natural talent for maths. | They made her learn maths. | I like English more than maths. | She was made to learn maths. | I had a maths paper in the afternoon. | I like English better than maths. | He asked me if I like maths.
- domain: science / scientific discipline
- lexical domain: Cognitive Processes - nouns denoting cognitive processes and contents
- synonyms of maths: math / mathematics
- more generic terms: science / scientific discipline = a particular branch of scientific knowledge
- more specific terms:
- pure mathematics = the branches of mathematics that study and develop the principles of mathematics for their own sake rather than for their immediate usefulness
- applied mathematics / applied math = the branches of mathematics that are involved in the study of the physical or biological or sociological world
Alternative definition of the noun maths
- [context: colloquial, British, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, singular] Short form of mathematics.
Maths is a musical group.
- album: "Descent"
Who is Maths?
Maths a.k.a. Mateusz Sopata is a drummer.
- read more about Mateusz Sopata
"Maths" is a 2012 single album by deadmau5.
- released on
"Maths" is a book by Kjartan Poskitt.
- also known as "Maths (Alternative GCSE Guides)"
- genre: Mathematics
Maths is a single by Canadian house producer deadmau5. It is the first single from the album Album Title Goes Here.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Maths
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
So, You Think You're Clever? (2015)
Taking on The Oxford and Cambridge Questions by John Farndon
maths is the maths of uncertainty, about the irregularities of nature.
Probability maths is a remarkable and much more precise way of doing what we do naturally all the time – try to make sense of the...
What is so valuable about probability maths is that it provides tools for guessing what is likely to happen in the future from ...
Maths: First 100 Lessons (2015)
by Graeme Partington
Maths is a way of doing (an art) and also a way of learning (a science). Many people feel that mathematics is...
Maths is an indispensable tool to so many other facets of science. And because nature itself is so mathematical, any ...
Philosophy For Dummies (2010)
by Martin Cohen
But the nice thing about maths is that after you've proved something, everyone's satisfied and admires the elegance of your work. So, everyone wants to be logical, even more than they want to be philosophical. In fact, if you want to insult ...
More Maths for Mums and Dads (2013)
by Mike Askew, Rob Eastaway
particularly when it comes to maths because maths is a subject where effort and practice pays off. Don't confuse this ...
by Professor in Medieval History Julia Smith, Karen Morrison, Julia Smith, Pauline McLean, Rachael Horsman, Nick Asker
Maths is the independent variable so it goes on the dependent variable: the horizontal axis. variable that is being measured in One dot (circled on the graph) is far away from the others and doesn't seem an experiment to fit the pattern. outlier: ...
The essential parents' guide by Naomi Sani
The important point about maths is that concepts have to be revisited and practised many times. Just because children have been introduced to a concept and shown the mechanics, it doesn't mean they are fluent with the idea. Think of it as ...
A Dictionary of All Officers (1853)
Who Have Been Commissioned, Or Have Been Appointed and Served, in the Army of the United States, Since the Inauguration of Their First President in 1789, to the First January, 1853,--with Every Commission of Each;--including the Distinguished Officers of the Volunteers and Militia of the States, and of the Navy and Marine Corps, who Have Served with the Land Forces ... by Charles Kitchell Gardner
Maths. M. A. Aug. 32 to Aug. 35, and of Nat and exper.
Heinemann English Dictionary (2001)
by Martin Manser
prime number noun Maths a positive integer that ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Maths
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Maths
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Maths
Click on an item to play that video:
- Learn English - Intermediate Maths Vocabulary
This video is about more maths vocabulary.
- Sequences - definition and nth term : ExamSolutions Maths Revision
- Quadratic Equations, Lecture 1, Class 10, Maths ( Basics, Definition, Solution of equations )
This is the first part of the lecture for understanding Carbon and its compounds in chemistry for preparing for class 10th (High School). The lectures are taught by ...
- Regression - meaning of a & b in y=a+bx : ExamSolutions Maths Revision
- Learn Grade 3 - Maths - Meaning of Division
In this video you get to Learn Grade 3 - Maths - Meaning of Division.
- Geometric Representation of Complex Numbers & its Meaning - IIT JEE Maths Video Lecture
IIT JEE Main and Advanced Mathematics Video Lectures and Study Material developed by highly experienced and dedicated faculty team of Rao IIT Academy.
- Learn Grade 3 - Maths - Fractions Explanation
In this video you get to Learn Grade 3 - Maths - Fractions Explanation.
- Learn Grade 3 - Maths - The Meaning of multiplication
In this video you get to Learn Grade 3 - Maths - The Meaning of multiplication.
- Maths Explanation - Simple Percentages
Maths Explanation Percentages.
- 2012 Intermediate 2 Maths paper 1 solutions and explanation
2012 Intermediate 2 Maths paper 1 solutions and explanation.
- Vocabulary used in Maths - A Guide for Parents KS1&2 UK
An overview for parents of the vocabulary used when teaching maths at primary school to children in key stages 1 (KS1, infants) & 2 (KS2, juniors). Explanations ...
- Maths - Meaning of different symbols
Basic lesson for understanding of meaning of symbols in maths.
- Quadratic Equations, Lecture - 1, Maths ( Definition, Quadratic Formula, Nature of roots )
This is the first part of the lecture for understanding Quadratic equations in Maths for preparing for JEE, AIEEE, BITS and other engineering exams. The lectures ...
- Continuity of Function at a Point Definition - (CBSE IIT Class 12 Maths Calculus)
This video lecture is produced by S. Saurabh. He is B.Tech from IIT and MS from USA. how to check continuity of function in calculus continuity of function ...
- Circle Words Vocabulary (LONG) GCSE Maths Revision Cards Flashcards
Watch this video first and then add the short version to your revision play list!
- ICSE CBSE Class 7 Maths - 03 - Algebric Expression Definition (Ch: Algebraic expressions)
- Explanation of the Mistake by Examiner in 2013 Leaving Cert Higher Maths Paper 2
Leaving Cert Higher Maths Paper 2 had two serious errors in Question 8, the trigonometry question. The SEC has fully acknowledged one of the errors, and ...
- Maths - Sets And Relations Set Definition - Online Coaching for Eamcet/JEE
RankersLearning: Maths - Sets And Relations Set Definition to prepare for IIT,EAMCET, JEE through online coaching. Enquire to get Full Video-Lectures ...
- GCSE Maths from Scratch 16.06 The meaning of Inequality symbols
- Functions , Lecture 5 , Maths IIT JEE (Definition contd., Greatest Integer function)
This is the fifth part of the lecture for understanding Functions in Mathematics for preparing for JEE, BITS and other engineering exams. The lectures are taught ...
- A Maths Dictionary for Kids 2013 Screencast
This screencast goes over the pros and cons of this website for student, parent, and teacher use and how to navigate the website.
- A Maths Dictionary For Kids - Michael Berrios
Brief description of a Math tool kit for kids within the 1st through 8th grade levels. This is an assignment and can be used as a reference for educators.
- A Maths Dictionary for Kids- UDL review
Screen-cast that describes the use of the website "A Maths Dictionary for Kids" and ways that it can help eliminate barriers in the classroom.
- Screencast - A Maths Dictionary for Kids
Review on amathsdictionaryforkids.com and its features for classroom use.
- Maths Language
- Friends in Maths Language- Sharing
- Singapore Maths Guide With Maths Dictionary
Grab a copy of this Maths Dictionary with hundreds of Step by Step solution that can help you to solve any mathematics question.
- Friends in Maths Language- Perspectives
Maths Talent Quest 2011 Project Friendship in Maths Language- Similarities and Differences Project by W.H., Y.N., S.D. & S.J. Video done on iMovie, audio from ...
- Friends in Maths Language- Sim&Diff
- A maths dictionary
Screencast on amathsdictionary website.
View more videos about The Story of Maths.
See also the pronunciation examples of Maths!
Quotes about Maths
Some students are
How to love the teacher...?
Think feel free student
Some studnt are not
very bad... (Otteri Selvakumar)
more quotes about maths...
Scrabble value of M3A1T1H4S1
The value of this 5-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine