On this page:
- Definition of the noun maturity
- Phrases with Maturity
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Maturity
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Maturity
- Photos about Maturity
- Video language resources about Maturity
- Quotes about Maturity
- Scrabble value of M3A1T1U1R1I1T1Y4
- Share this page
Maturity is a member of the word family mature, included in the Academic Word List by Dr. Averil Coxhead, which contains the 570 most frequent word families used in academic texts from a variety of subject areas, of interest for students that learn the words most needed to study at tertiary institutions.
Definition of the noun maturity
What does maturity mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: maturities
- the period of time in your life after your physical growth has stopped and you are fully developed
- lexical domain: Time - nouns denoting time and temporal relations
- synonym of maturity: adulthood
- more generic term: time of life = a period of time during which a person is normally in a particular life state
- more specific terms: prime of life / prime = the time of maturity when power and vigor are greatest
- teens = the time of life between the ages of 12 and 20
- mid-twenties / twenties = the time of life between 20 and 30
- thirty-something / mid-thirties / thirties = the time of life between 30 and 40
- mid-forties / forties = the time of life between 40 and 50
- mid-fifties / fifties = the time of life between 50 and 60
- legal age / majority = the age at which persons are considered competent to manage their own affairs
- drinking age = the age at which is legal for a person to buy alcoholic beverages
- voting age = the age at which a person is old enough to vote in public elections
- middle age = the time of life between youth and old age
- state of being mature; full development
- lexical domain: States - nouns denoting stable states of affairs
- synonym of maturity: matureness
- antonym of maturity: immaturity
- more generic word: state = the way something is with respect to its main attributes
- more specific words:
- the date on which an obligation must be repaid
Alternative definition of the noun maturity
- The state of being mature, ready or ripe
- When bodily growth has completed and/or reproduction can begin
- synonym: ripeness
- [countable, finance] Date when payment is due
- synonym: adulthood
- "Maturity" is a 2000 film written and directed by Masoud Jafari Jozani.
- also known as Bolugh
- starring: Hossein Panahi
- released in (16 years ago)
- "Maturity" is a 1974 drama film written by Yoo Yeol and directed by So-yeong Jeong.
"Maturity" is a book by Theodore Sturgeon.
- also known as "Maturity / Three stories by Theodore Sturgeon, including bibliography"
- genre: Speculative fiction
- copyright: 1979
- Maturity: In psychology, maturity is the ability to respond to the environment in an appropriate manner. This response is generally learned rather than instinctive. Maturity also encompasses being aware of the correct time and place to behave and knowing when to act, according to the circumstances and the culture of the society one lives in. Adult development and maturity theories include the purpose in life concept, in which maturity emphasizes a clear comprehension of life's purpose, directedness, and intentionality, which contributes to the feeling that life is meaningful.
- Maturity: In finance, maturity or maturity date refers to the final payment date of a loan or other financial instrument, at which point the principal is due to be paid.
- Maturity: In petroleum geology, the maturity of a rock is a measure of its state in terms of hydrocarbon generation. Maturity is established using a combination of geochemical and basin modelling techniques.
- Maturity: In sedimentary geology, maturity describes the composition and texture of grains in clastic rocks, most typically sandstones, resulting from different amounts of sediment transportation. A sediment is mature when the grains in a sediment become well-sorted and well-rounded due to weathering or abrasion of the grains during transport. There are two components to describe maturity, texture and composition. Texture describes how rounded and sorted the sample is while composition describes how much the composition trends toward stable minerals and components.
Phrases with Maturity
Phrases starting with the word Maturity:
Phrases ending with the word Maturity:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Maturity
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
tangled synapses (2007)
by Tangled Synapses
Maturity means patience. Maturity is the freedom to choose from an instantaneous pleasure over eternal happiness. Maturity...
An Introduction to Christian Education by Perry G. Downs
For some, spiritual maturity means knowing the Bible.
For others, spiritual maturity means the ability to praise and worship.
The Lamp Lighter (2007)
by George D. Johnson
Maturity is the ability to face unpleasantness, frustration, discomfort and defeat without complaint or collapse. The mature person...
Maturity means doing what is expected of you, and this means being dependable. It means keeping your word.
Cocona to Mango by Elhadi M Yahia
One hundred percent maturity refers to the stage when the fruit are already ripe ( 130 DAA in 'Monthong') and ready to drop...
Catch The Wave (2012)
A Collection Of Useful Self-Help Charts by RAMON LUIS OLMOS
Maturity is a measuring rod when it comes to our daily living.
by Mark Hughlin Haller, Edwin Smith
Early maturity is the period during which picking might start under conditions that favor early maturity (such as a light crop)...
Late maturity is a period during which picking may be satisfactory under some conditions but during which excessive ...
The Association Between Top Management Team Education Heterogeneity and Total Shareholder Returns in the North American Insurance Industry by Emmanuel Kintu
Professional maturity is a way of being.
Emotional maturity is the discipline to manage, harness, and channel our emotions honestly and effectively in an effort to do...
You Shall Receive Power (2006)
by Derek Prince
Christian Maturity Means Being Regularly Led by the Spirit In Romans 8:14, a very significant verse, Paul spoke about how we can be fulfilled and complete Christians. “For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
Break one and the other will break, How ethics and etiquette protect both by Vahe Akay
Immaturity, then, is the opposite. It reflects the shortcomings of the individual's emotional, mental, and spiritual capacity. Maturity means doing and saying the right things at the right time to the right people. It enables one to select the proper ...
Life's Greatest Lessons Are Gained From Our Losses by BusinessNews Publishing
Maturity is a great mix of wisdom, stability and enduring temporary setbacks. Seek it. “Success is a...
Maturity is the result of finding longterm benefits in your shortterm losses – so always be prepared to learn from your mistakes. Don't dwell on ...
After “Rwanda” (2013)
In Search of a New Ethics by Jean-Paul Martinon
CHAPTER 4 MATURITY – AHANTU337 As a material, maturity refers to the fact that a living organism or an event has reached an advanced state ofdevelopment . As such, it is generally situated at the end ofa specific duration over which the ...
by Gary L. Gastineau, Mark P. Kritzman
Maturity. Treasury. (CMT). Option. ship between a fixed rate and the combined spot and forward rates implied by the yield curve. In contrast, the CMS is priced to reflect the relative values of either fixed or floating rates on one side and an ...
The Encyclopaedia of Sports Medicine: An IOC Medical Commission Publication, The Young Athlete (2008)
by Helge Hebestreit, Oded Bar-Or
Although Vo2peak is associated with biologic maturity status after controlling for height and weight (Armstrong & Welsman 2000), studies utilizing multilevel modeling do not provide at present additional information about changes in Vo2peak ...
by Jonathan Law, John Smullen
maturity balance The combination of securities, both federal and national, held by the US Federal Reserve. maturity bucket One of various time periods elapsing before the ...
Encyclopedia of Adolescence (2014)
by Roger J.R. Levesque
During late adolescence, these behaviors may decline as teens gain social, intellectual, and emotional maturity ( Reyes M).
by John V. Terry
(See current yield, yield to maturity) yield advantage The extra amount of return an investor will earn by purchasing a convertible security instead of the common stock of the same issuing corporation. yield curve Graphic expression of the ...
by Khosrow-Pour, Mehdi
The capability maturity model: Guidelines for improving the software process/ CMU/SEI. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley. Pessoa, M.S.P., & Spinola, M.M. (1997) . Qualidade de Processo de Software: um novo paradigma. In Iv Inftel – Congresso ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Maturity
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Maturity
Click on an item to view that photo:
The oldest girl, not even in her teens, yet so mature than most kids back in town.
Photo credit: tajai
Photo credit: Thomas Leuthard
Photo credit: Thomas Leuthard
- Faces of Experience and Maturity
Photo credit: pedrosimoes7
- Colouring Maturity
Rough ground off Paradise Lane, near the outer ballfields, above Skunk Creek, Peoria Arizona. Potential ID as Chamaesyce melandenia/Euphorbia melandenia.
Photo credit: harefoot1066
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Maturity
Click on an item to play that video:
- Maturity Meaning
Video shows what maturity means. The state of being mature, ready or ripe. When bodily growth has completed and/or reproduction can begin. Date when ...
- The Meaning of Maturity
Elder Derek A. Cuthbert delivers a message titled "The Meaning of Maturity."
- The Definition of Maturity
- The Definition of Extended Maturity for Savings Bonds
Review the differences between initial maturity and extended maturity of a savings bond.
- Real Meaning of Maturity
- Definition of Maturity
- The Definition Of Maturity
Such Mature. Much Modern. Wow.
- The definition of maturity
Dem Blood elfs.
- An Impersonal Definition of Maturity
How the concept of maturity relates to the ability of mamals to progressively develop in caring for themselves and then further toward caring for others.
- Explanation of Organisational Maturity
See also the pronunciation examples of Maturity!
Quotes about Maturity
Maturity is the ability to think, speak and act your feelings within the bounds of dignity. The measure of your maturity is how spiritual you become during the midst of your frustrations. (Samuel Ullman)
more quotes about maturity...
Scrabble value of M3A1T1U1R1I1T1Y4
The value of this 8-letter word is 13 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Maturity to see it in context!