Mavis Villiers (actress)
On this page:
Who is Mavis Villiers?
Mavis Villiers, born Mavis Clare Cooney, was an Australian-born British actress of stage, film and television. Her brother was Cecil Cooney, a camera operator and cinematographer. Her stage name, Villiers, was taken from her maternal grandfather. She began her career as a child film actress in Australia, but no specific credits or references can be found.
- also known as Mavis Clare Cooney, Villiers
- born on (104 years ago) in Sydney, child of Clara Cooney and John Cooney
- nationality: Australia, United Kingdom
- profession: Actor
- Marriage with Donald E. Miller between and (9 months)
- died in (39 years ago) in Paddington of pneumonia
- played Miss Foxhill in "Suddenly, Last Summer"
- "Sailors Don't Care"
- played Celia Barker in "The Boys"
- played Joan in "Saloon Bar"
- played Rusty's Mother in "Promise Her Anything"
- played Indian Princess in "Straight On till Morning"
- played Betty in "Never Too Late to Mend"
- played Liz Sweeney in "Philadelphia, Here I Come!"
- "Corridor of Mirrors"
- played Madge in "Victim"
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Mavis Villiers (actress)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Mavis Villiers for some fun with words!