On this page:
Definition of the noun mechanisation
What does mechanisation mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: mechanisations
- the condition of having a highly technical implementation
- the act of implementing the control of equipment with advanced technology; usually involving electronic hardware
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- alternative spelling: mechanization
- synonym of mechanisation: automation
- more generic terms: high tech / high technology = highly advanced technological development
- more specific words: computerization / cybernation = the control of processes by computer
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Mechanisation
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Frank Ellis
Mechanisation is a policy area where it is feasible to consider the differential impact on men and women of proposed farm or post-harvest technologies. Mechanisation is sometimes advocated for its reduction in the drudgery of women's lives, ...
by Robert Layton
Mechanisation is a more effective form of investment for capital. One machine can simultaneously do the work of several people - a spinning jenny operated twelve to eighteen spindles - and machines can be designed to complete tasks ...
by K.R. Gupta
Environment in Tenth Plan ♢ The growing population, high degree of mechanisation and steep rise in energy use has led to activities that directly or indirectly affect the sustainability of the environment. There has been a reduction in forest ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Mechanisation
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Mechanisation
Click on an item to view that photo:
Mechanisation in the vineyards
Photo credit: Richard Allaway
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Scrabble value of M3E1C3H4A1N1I1S1A1T1I1O1N1
The value of this 13-letter word is 20 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Mechanisation to see it in context!