On this page:
Definition of the noun Melaenornis
What does Melaenornis mean as a name of something?
Melaenornis is a genus of Muscicapidae, described by Gray, GR in 1840.
- synonym: genus Melaenornis
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Chordata
- class: Aves
- order: Passeriformes
- family: Muscicapidae
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Phrases with Melaenornis
Phrases starting with the word Melaenornis:
- Melaenornis Silens
- Melaenornis Brunneus
- Melaenornis Fischeri
- Melaenornis Ardesiacus
- Melaenornis Edolioides
- Melaenornis pammelaina
- Melaenornis Annamarulae
- Melaenornis Chocolatinus
- Melaenornis Pammelaina Ater
- Melaenornis Brunneus Brunneus
- Melaenornis Edolioides Lugubris
- Melaenornis Pammelaina Diabolicus
- Melaenornis Pammelaina Pammelaina
- Melaenornis Pammelaina Poliogygna
Phrase ending with the word Melaenornis:
Other phrases containing the word Melaenornis:
- Species Melaenornis Silens
- Species Melaenornis Ardesiacus
- Species Melaenornis Edolioides
- species Melaenornis pammelaina
- Species Melaenornis Annamarulae
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Melaenornis
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Shatrughna Prasad Sinha
The genus Melaenornis (with two montane species) is purely Afro- tropical, but its possible relationship to such other African genera as Sigelus (Hall and Moreau, 1970) and Bradornis (pers. obs.) remains unsettled. Motacillidae. Anthus is a ...
by Bo Beolens, Michael Watkins, Michael Grayson
Melaenornis pallidus bafirawari] Bafirawar (fl.1924) was a Kenyan collector for Sir Frederick Jackson (q.v.).
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Melaenornis
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Melaenornis
Click on an item to view that photo:
White-eyed Slaty Flycatcher (Melaenornis fischeri)
A drab but attractive flycatcher of woodland/forest edge found above 1000m. Avoids dry savanna woodland.
Framed by a friend.
Photo credit: Rainbirder
View more pictures about Melaenornis pammelaina.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Scrabble value of M3E1L1A1E1N1O1R1N1I1S1
The value of this 11-letter word is 13 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of MELAENORNIS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Melaenornis!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Melaenornis to find many related words and phrases!