Usage statistics for the noun member:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun member
- Phrases with Member
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Member
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Member
- Usage statistics about member
- Photos about Member
- Video language resources about Member
- Quotes about Member
- Scrabble value of M3E1M3B3E1R1
- Anagrams of MEMBER
- Share this page
The word member is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun member
What does member mean as a name of something?
noun - plural:
- member: members
- Member: Members
- one of the persons who compose a social group (especially individuals who have joined and participate in a group organization)
- examples: only members will be admitted | a member of the faculty | she was introduced to all the members of his family
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonym of member: fellow member
- antonym of member: nonmember
- more generic word: associate = a person who joins with others in some activity or endeavor
- more specific terms:
- Areopagite = a member of the council of the Areopagus
- brother = a male person who is a fellow member
- cabalist = a member of a cabal
- charter member = one of the original members when an organization was founded
- commissioner = a member of a commission
- committee member = a member of a committee
- council member / councillor = a member of a council
- Conservative = a member of a Conservative Party
- fellow = a member of a learned society
- homeboy = a fellow male member of a youth gang
- homegirl = a fellow female member of a youth gang
- huddler = a member of a huddle
- inductee = a person inducted into an organization or social group
- joiner = a person who likes to join groups
- kibbutznik = a member of a kibbutz
- kolkhoznik = a member of a kolkhoz
- board member = a member of a governing board
- clan member / clanswoman / clansman = a member of a clan
- club member = someone who is a member of a club
- pledge = someone accepted for membership but not yet fully admitted to the group
- Rosicrucian = a member of a secret 17th-century society of philosophers and scholars versed in mystical and metaphysical and alchemical lore
- Rosicrucian = a member of any of various organizations that subsequently derived from the 17th-century society
- Rotarian = a member of a Rotary Club
- sister = a female person who is a fellow member of a sorority or labor union or other group
- sodalist = a member of a sodality
- tribesman = someone who lives in a tribe
- anything that belongs to a set or class
- examples: snakes are members of the class Reptilia | members of the opposite sex
- lexical domain: Relations - nouns denoting relations between people or things or ideas
- more generic terms: component / component part / constituent / part / portion = something determined in relation to something that includes it
- an external body part that projects from the body
- lexical domain: Body Parts - nouns denoting body parts
- synonyms of member: appendage / extremity
- more generic term: external body part = any body part visible externally
- more specific words:
- chelicera = either of the first pair of fang-like appendages near the mouth of an arachnid
- mouthpart = any part of the mouth of an insect or other arthropod especially one adapted to a specific way of feeding
- fang = an appendage of insects that is capable of injecting venom
- nipper / pincer / chela / claw = a grasping structure on the limb of a crustacean or other arthropods
- parapodium = one of a pair of fleshy appendages of a polychete annelid that functions in locomotion and breathing
- fin = organ of locomotion and balance in fishes and some other aquatic animals
- swimmeret / pleopod = one of the paired abdominal appendages of certain aquatic crustaceans that function primarily for carrying the eggs in females and are usually adapted for swimming
- limb = one of the jointed appendages of an animal used for locomotion or grasping: arm; leg; wing
- dactyl / digit = a finger or toe in human beings or corresponding body part in other vertebrates
- an organization that is a member of another organization (especially a state that belongs to a group of nations)
- the male sex organ (`member' is a euphemism)
- lexical domain: Body Parts - nouns denoting body parts
- synonyms of member: penis / phallus
- more generic term: erectile organ = an organ containing erectile tissue
- more specific words:
- part of: male reproductive system = the reproductive system of males; family jewels / male genital organ / male genitalia / male genitals = external male sex organs
- glans penis = the conical mass of erectile tissue that forms the head of the penis
- vena bulbi penis = vein of the head of the penis
- urethra = duct through which urine is discharged in most mammals and which serves as the male genital duct
- foreskin / prepuce = a fold of skin covering the tip of the penis
Alternative definition of the noun member
- One who officially belongs to a group.
- synonym: limb
- A limb.
- synonym: penis
- The penis.
- [logic] One of the propositions making up a syllogism.
- synonym: element
- [set theory] An element of a set.
- [computing, programming] In object-oriented programming, a function or piece of data associated with each separate instance of a class.
- member: A member of this group.
- Member: The name of the person who served on this committee.
- member: The person serving on this committee. If the person served several non-consecutive terms, enter those separately.
- Member: A Member, in chivalry, is a rank in an Order of Chivalry. It is typically a term used where the term 'Knight' is not appropriate. The Swedish Order of the Polar Star uses the term Member, and Member First Class, in replacement to Knight, and Knight First Class, for Women and Priest who have earned this rank.
- Member: Used to identify members of a set that would not otherwise get picked up using a general property/value constraint.
Phrases with Member
Phrases starting with the word Member:
Phrases ending with the word Member:
- clan member
- club member
- crew member
- Male Member
- board member
- staff member
- union member
- church member
- fellow member
- Virile Member
- charter member
- council member
- faculty member
- Founding Member
View more phrases with the word Member in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Member
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Sequential Logic (2006)
Analysis and Synthesis by Joseph Cavanagh
is an ordered pair whose first member is an ordered pair. For example, an ordered triple is of the form <<x1, x2>, x3> An ordered quadruple (4-tuple) is an ordered pair whose first member is an ordered triple. Thus ...
by Todd Barron
The second member is a UINT called style. Just as the name indicates, the style member is used to specify the style of the window you are creating. The cool part about the style member is that you can specify several styles in combination with ...
A pixel, picture element, or pel is a pair whose first member is a resolution cell or (row, column) spatial position and whose second member is the image intensity value or vector of image values associated with the spatial position. 9. A voxel ...
by Jessie Jasen
Every team member is an organ. One team member is the lung, other team member is the brain, another one the stomach, and the list goes on. If one organ fails, the organism stops functioning.” Race stops for a moment to take a sip of water ...
For All Practical Purposes (2003)
Mathematical Literacy in Today's World
participant (an ordinary member) is the pivotal voter. In the next group, M C M M M M M, the vote accumulation sequence is 1,4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9; again, an ordinary member is the pivotal voter. The chairperson is the pivotal voter in groups 3, 4, ...
FAMILY MEMBER FLAG (F) Definition: A code to indicate the type of sponsor the employee is a family member of. Field Format: 1 Alphanumeric DE NAME: LN- FAM DIN: XGA Field Table Number: 551 Codes Usage Cleartext Blank LN Not ...
by Thomas A. Schwandt
Hence, rather than being some sort of simple corroboration or act of validation by respondents, member ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Member
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Usage statistics about member
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English from the later part of the 20th century, both spoken and written.
Usage statistics for the noun member:
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun member:
Photos about Member
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Member
Click on an item to play that video:
- Star Member Explanation - Ultimate Lotologist
Star Member Explanation - Ultimate Lotologist Receive scratchcards from 8 levels deep!
- Member meaning and pronunciation
male organ Member definition by Urban Dictionary.
- Zakir Naik - Friendly explanation of Hinduism to a Hindu audience member
A Hindu audience member states that he was born a Hindu and will die a Hindu. Zakir Naik explains that he also is a Hindu, since its more a geographical term.
- Member Drills Database Explanation
WORLD CLASS COACHING Member Drills Database - who can access, how to log on, how it's updated and various functions.
- WeinerGate 2011: The Member, the Tweet Heart and the Definition of "Is"
Watch every episode of The Conversation with Tony Katz on...
- F1 Sec 3.1 - Family Member Vocabulary
- Reaction of member of farmers' association to the centre's explanation regarding Mekedaatu
- Member Meaning Making: Emergent Philanthropy Part II
Enjoy a recording of GEO's Member Meaning Making call on Emergent Philanthropy, Part II. Hear from GEO members as they discuss the ins and outs of ...
- SportsPass Explanation - Member and Supporter
Welcome to the SportsPass program.
- Nutra Organics At Home Thank You Member explanation video
- A member confused of INCM's explanation of the "Holy Kiss"
Former Iglesia ni Cristo of Manalo member (X-Man) tells the story/reason why they left Iglesia ni Cristo of Manalo.
- Family Member Vocabulary
- West Channel - Close to bridge (explanation by community member)
- Explanation of what the new member orientation is at The Gym
- Sec 41 The Companies Act,1956. Definition of "Member"
- FIFA demand explanation after financial watchdog member arrested over alleged money laundering
- Tattoos With Meaning Answer to how to become a member
- Pro Member Jetpack explanation
- Saan Ma popunta ang member ship SWA Pay Plan System Explanation! Perfect
- Member Leaderboard Widget Explanation, CMNTY Platform
- Member's Description
- How to Become an ESL Podcast Basic Member
A video tutorial on how to become an English as a Second Language (ESL) Podcast Basic Member. Basic Membership allows you to receive 12 new Learning ...
- Family Member Description
Family Member Description.
- Member description of EPRI research in nuclear power
Eskoms Anton Kotze describes how the Koeberg nuclear plant in South Africa used EPRI research and expertise to reduce personnel dose.
- Description of a family member
- Great Big Family : a song for teaching family member words to ESL Students
original kid's educational song from Evan Binkley.
- Sandro - Teacher from LAL English schools member IELS language school in Malta
Learn English with LAL English language schools. English language courses in Malta.
- Stronger As One - Member Specific Pgms - Armenian Language
Being 100% focused on the specific needs of long-term care workers 100% of the time, allows a statewide long-term care union to develop and affiliate with ...
- Language of Real Estate ALC Member
- Light Language For Soul Group Member 8
light language toning and activation.
See also the pronunciation examples of Member!
Quotes about Member
Scrabble value of M3E1M3B3E1R1
The value of this 6-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of MEMBER
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Member!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Member to see it in context!