On this page:
Definition of the noun mental condition
What does mental condition mean as a name of something?
- (psychology) a mental condition in which the qualities of a state are relatively constant even though the state itself may be dynamic
- domain: psychological science / psychology
- lexical domain: States - nouns denoting stable states of affairs
- synonyms of mental condition: mental state / psychological condition / psychological state
- more generic words: condition / status = a state at a particular time
- more specific terms:
- cognitive state / state of mind = the state of a person's cognitive processes
- frame of mind / state of mind = a temporary psychological state
- aboulia / abulia = a loss of will power
- anhedonia = an inability to experience pleasure
- depersonalisation / depersonalization = a loss of personal identity
- hypnosis = a state that resembles sleep but that is induced by suggestion
- fugue = a dreamlike state of altered consciousness that may last for hours or days
- psychic trauma / trauma = an emotional wound or shock often having long-lasting effects
- morale = a state of individual psychological well-being based upon a sense of confidence and usefulness and purpose
- anxiousness / anxiety = a relatively permanent state of worry and nervousness occurring in a variety of mental disorders, usually accompanied by compulsive behavior or attacks of panic
- hallucinosis = a mental state in which the person has continual hallucinations
- identity crisis = distress and disorientation (especially in adolescence) resulting from conflicting pressures and uncertainty about one's self and one's role in society
- nervousness / nerves = an uneasy psychological state
- psychotic belief / delusion = an erroneous belief that is held in the face of evidence to the contrary
- mental health = the psychological state of someone who is functioning at a satisfactory level of emotional and behavioral adjustment
- mental disease / mental illness / psychopathy = any disease of the mind
- agitation = a mental state of extreme emotional disturbance
- depression = a mental state characterized by a pessimistic sense of inadequacy and a despondent lack of activity
- elation = an exhilarating psychological state of pride and optimism
- botheration / irritation / annoyance / vexation = the psychological state of being irritated or annoyed
- enchantment / trance / spell = a psychological state induced by (or as if induced by) a magical incantation
- disassociation / dissociation = a state in which some integrated part of a person's life becomes separated from the rest of the personality and functions independently
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Mental Condition
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Outlines of Mental and Moral Science: intended as an introduction to the Logic, Metaphysics and Ethics of the University Course ... With a Technological Lexicon, and a brief view of metaphysical writers (1846)
of life, of esteem or approbation, of moral improvement, of action, Abercrombie says, “The mental condition which we call Desire, appears to lie, in a great measure, at the formation of character; and for a sound moral condition, it is required ...
Volume 29 - Supplement 14: Agent-Oriented Programming to Socio-Organizational Aspects of Expert System Design by Allen Kent, James G. Williams
An agent is capable of any private action in its capability database provided the associated mental condition holds at that time.* An agent can refrain from any action, provided it is not already committed to that action. An agent can perform a ...
by Michael Shally-Jensen
Whether the writer has directly experienced the mental condition and recovered, is writing from the throes of the condition, or is a talented observer of human behavior, each of these writers adds significantly to our understanding of mental ...
by Diagram Group
nervous breakdown Any mental condition prohibiting normal functioning. obsession A dominating idea or thought which takes over an individual.
A Dictionary of Medicine Including General Pathology, General Therapeutics, Hygiene, and the Diseases Peculiar to Women and Children (1884)
by Sir Richard Quain (bart.)
Then the mental condition is usually the depression produced by anaemia. But there is a mental derangement directly resulting from sudden suppression of the catemcnia, to which this distinctive name is not insptly applied. Here the insanity ...
by Swami Parmeshwaranand
The second is the mental condition, perception turned inward, seven agents, nineteen agencies, where in the Self enjoys subtle matter. This is known as the dreaming condition. In deep sleep man feels no desire, creates no dream.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Mental Condition
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Mental Condition
If you need images about Mental Condition for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Quotes about Mental Condition
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'mental condition"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Mental Condition to see it in context!