|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective metaphysical
What does metaphysical mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more metaphysical / most metaphysical
- pertaining to or of the nature of metaphysics
- example: metaphysical philosophy
- lexical domain: Relational Adjectives (pertainyms)
- transcending physical matter or the laws of nature
- example: metaphysical forces
- similar: supernatural
- highly abstract and overly theoretical
Alternative definition of the adjective metaphysical
- Of or pertaining to metaphysics.
- Immaterial, supersensual, not physical (more properly, "beyond" that which is physical).
Who is metaphysical?
Metaphysical was a member of the musical group, Digital Underground.
- profession: Musician
- member of musical group Digital Underground (Vocals)
- "Metaphysical" a.k.a. ">Metaphysical" is a musical EP of Eddy.
- released on
- "Metaphysical" is a musical album of Psy Phy 6.
- released in (16 years ago)
- "Metaphysical" is a musical EP of Oliver Ho.
- released on (15 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for metaphysical
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Path into Metaphysics (1990)
Phenomenological, Hermeneutical, and Dialogical Studies by Robert E. Wood
The Human Being as Historical Man's being metaphysical means that there is a fundamental dimension transcending both biological immediacy and cultural mediation in the ...
by John J. Drummond
The view, commonly called “metaphysical idealism,” that there are no mind- independent existents. The strongest version ofthis claim, as found, for example, in George Berkeley (1685—1753), is that there are no existents other than minds and ...
by Charles Taliaferro, Elsa J. Marty
In particular, the common claim is that moral realism, the view that there are objective or mind- independent moral facts, calls for theistic metaphysical or epistemological underpinnings. Immanuel Kant reasoned, for instance, that if there is no ...
by Michael York
Perhaps more of a literary development than a full-fledged religion, Transcendentalism became a leading instigator behind the American or Western metaphysical tradition with its concern for healing and its emphasis on the reality and ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for metaphysical
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about metaphysical
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about metaphysical
Click on an item to play that video:
- The Metaphysical Meaning of Christmas
- THE OCCULT AND METAPHYSICAL EXPLANATION OF "WHITE SUGAR"
- Dr. Faheem Judah-EL The Metaphysical Meaning of The Serpent on the pole
Beginners Metaphysical Bible Class Dr. Faheem Judah-EL Metaphysician explains the metaphysical meaning of the biblical staff of Moses, the Seraphim, Cherabim, and other biblical symbols. Dr....
- Unity of the Valley 12-25-11 Message - "The Metaphysical Meaning of Christmas"
- The Metaphysical Meaning of Disease (Introduction)
Contents: A brief intro on a FREE video series to find the deeper meaning and purpose of an illness or imbalance. Facebook Fan Page...
- Metaphysical Meaning of Fathers Day | Moorish Science Temple
- Metaphysical Meaning Of Labradorite
- Metaphysical Meaning Of Labradorite
- Metaphysical Meaning Of Mystic Topaz
- Metaphysical Meaning Of Tektite
- Metaphysical Meaning Of Stones And Colors
- Metaphysical Empires: Language as a War Zone
Recorded March 5, 2014. Speaker: Ngugi Wa Thiong'o.
See also the pronunciation examples of metaphysical!
Quotes about metaphysical
I take as metaphysical poetry that in which what is ordinarily apprehensible only by thought is brought within the grasp of feeling, or that in which what is ordinarily only felt is transformed into thought without ceasing to be feeling. (T.S. Eliot)
more quotes about metaphysical...
Scrabble value of M3E1T1A1P3H4Y4S1I1C3A1L1
The value of this 12-letter word is 24 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of METAPHYSICAL
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of metaphysical!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of metaphysical to see it in context!