Definition of metaphysical
What does metaphysical mean?
- pertaining to or of the nature of metaphysics
- example: metaphysical philosophy
- transcending physical matter or the laws of nature
- example: metaphysical forces
- similar: supernatural
- highly abstract and overly theoretical
- Of or pertaining to metaphysics.
- Immaterial, supersensual, not physical (more properly, "beyond" that which is physical).
- "Metaphysical" is a musical album of Psy Phy 6.
- released in (15 years ago)
- "Metaphysical" is a musical EP of Oliver Ho.
- released on (14 years ago)
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for metaphysical
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Path into Metaphysics (1990)
Phenomenological, Hermeneutical, and Dialogical Studies by Robert E. Wood
The Human Being as Historical Man's being metaphysical means that there is a fundamental dimension transcending both biological immediacy and cultural mediation in the ...
Encyclopedia of Microcomputers (1993)
Volume 13 - Optical Disks to Production Scheduling by Allen Kent, James G. Williams
The metaphysical sense of a paradigm refers to the overall way of seeing the field and, thus, would include the notion of a paradigm as a set of beliefs, a myth, a successful metaphysical speculation, a standard, a new way of seeing, ...
A Concise Encyclopedia of the Philosophy of Religion (2005)
by Anthony C. Thiselton
Metaphysical dualism is a theory of the nature of reality that splits all reality into two independent orders or qualities of being. Zoroastrianism (according to the Ga ̄tha ̄s, c. 1200–1000 bce revealed through Zoroaster, or Zarathustra) held the ...
Encyclopedia of the Scientific Revolution (2000)
From Copernicus to Newton by Wilbur Applebaum
The connection between metaphysical and phenomenal levels was and still is especially problematic in this account. Leibniz further introduced the distinction between vis viva, which pertains to actual motion and is proportional to the square ...
Encyclopedia of Literature and Science (2002)
by Pamela Gossin
Andrew Marvell fused the metaphysical practices of Donne with the urbane sophistication of the Cavalier poets Ben Jonson and Robert Herrick, the school most in opposition to the metaphysicals, in order to transform both poetical attitudes ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for metaphysical
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about metaphysical
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video language resources about metaphysical
Click on an item to play that video:
- The Metaphysical Meaning of Christmas
- THE OCCULT AND METAPHYSICAL EXPLANATION OF "WHITE SUGAR"
- Dr. Faheem Judah-EL The Metaphysical Meaning of The Serpent on the pole
Beginners Metaphysical Bible Class Dr. Faheem Judah-EL Metaphysician explains the metaphysical meaning of the biblical staff of Moses, the Seraphim, Cherabim...
- Back Issues: The Metaphysical Meaning
Contents: The message your back is sending you, decoded through Numerology, and 3 steps to instigate the recovery process in a non-physical way. Affirmations...
- The Metaphysical Meaning of Disease (Introduction)
Contents: A brief intro on a FREE video series to find the deeper meaning and purpose of an illness or imbalance. Facebook Fan Page: https://...
- Unity of the Valley 12-25-11 Message - "The Metaphysical Meaning of Christmas"
- Manly P Hall - Esoteric And Metaphysical - Mystical Meaning Of Playing Cards
Manly Palmer Hall...
- Metaphysical Empires: Language as a War Zone
Recorded March 5, 2014. Speaker: Ngugi Wa Thiong'o.
- Manly P Hall - Esoteric And Metaphysical - Secret Language of Persian Poets
Manly Palmer Hall...
See also the pronunciation examples of metaphysical!
Quotes about metaphysical
I take as metaphysical poetry that in which what is ordinarily apprehensible only by thought is brought within the grasp of feeling, or that in which what is ordinarily only felt is transformed into thought without ceasing to be feeling. (T.S. Eliot)
more quotes about metaphysical...
Scrabble value of M3E1T1A1P3H4Y4S1I1C3A1L1
The value of this 12-letter word is 24 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of METAPHYSICAL
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of metaphysical!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of metaphysical to see it in context!