The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun mete:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun mete
- Definition of the verb mete
- Phrases with Mete
- Printed books with definitions for Mete
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Mete
- Photos about Mete
- Video about Mete
- Quotes about Mete
- Scrabble value of M3E1T1E1
- Anagrams of METE
- Share this page
Mete is sometimes a misspelling of meet.
Definition of the noun mete
What does mete mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: metes
- a line that indicates a boundary
- lexical domain: Locations - nouns denoting spatial position
- synonyms of mete: border / borderline / boundary line / delimitation
- more generic words: bound / boundary / bounds = the line or plane indicating the limit or extent of something
- more specific terms:
Alternative definition of the noun mete
- A boundary or other limit; a boundary-marker; mere.
Definition of the verb mete
What does mete mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: meted | meting | metes
- [transitive, archaic, poetic, dialectal] To measure.
- [transitive, usually with “out”] To dispense, measure (out), allot (especially punishment, reward etc.).
Who is Mete?
Mete a.k.a. Martha Fontane was the daughter of Theodor and Emilie Fontane.
- read more about Martha Fontane
- Mete is a fictional character from the 2011 Turkish film Losers' Club.
- Mete a.k.a. Méte is a fictional character from the 2011 film Drifters.
- Mete is a fictional character in the 2010 drama film When We Leave.
- Mete is a fictional character from the 2010 film The Jackal.
- Mete is a fictional character from the 2012 film Whispers of Dead Zone.
- Mete is a fictional character from the 2013 drama film Zayiat.
- metE is a gene.
- Mete a.k.a. SCO0985 is a gene.
- metE is a genomic locus.
Phrases with Mete
Printed books with definitions for Mete
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Sabouraud and Noire's chromoradio- mete is a modification of the Holzk- necht and uses a wafer of barium platino-cyanide which when it has changed to a certain color indicates the absorption of the largest safe amount of X-ray.
Economic Implications of Chronic Illness and Disability in Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union (2008)
by Cem Mete
Cem Mete is a senior economist at the Europe and Central Asia region of the World Bank. Shirley Liu is an assistant professor at the economics department of the University of Miami. FIGURE 1 Quality of Water and Public Health Services in ...
Twilight's Ashes (2010)
by Auler Ivis
Dim's Mete is the name given to the vernal equinox, and the autumnal equinox is ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Mete
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Mete
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Mete
Video shows what mete means. To measure.. To dispense, measure (out), allot (especially punishment, reward etc.).. mete pronunciation. How to pronounce ...
View more videos about mete out.
See also the pronunciation examples of Mete!
Quotes about Mete
Born a puzzle
grew a(poet) part
Jig was up
Wrote my name the way it sounds
to a vale of greenest green
where crowns are cheap
and light is mete
on evenings when the sun will squint
in orange tiger stipes (Harry Principle)
more quotes about mete...
Scrabble value of M3E1T1E1
The value of this 4-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of METE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Mete!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Mete to see it in context!