On this page:
Definition of the noun military expedition
What does military expedition mean as a name of something?
- a military campaign designed to achieve a specific objective in a foreign country
- domain: armed forces / armed services / military / military machine / war machine
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- synonyms of military expedition: expedition / hostile expedition
- more generic terms: campaign / military campaign = several related operations aimed at achieving a particular goal
- more specific word: Crusade = any of the more or less continuous military expeditions in the 11th to 13th centuries when Christian powers of Europe tried to recapture the Holy Land from the Muslims
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Military Expedition
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Being a Complete Encyclopedia of All the Case Law of the Federal Supreme Court Up to and Including Volume 206 U.S. Supreme Court Reports (book 51 Lawyers' Edition)
A military expedition is a journey or voyage by a company or body of persons, having the position or character of soldiers, for a specific warlike purpose; also the body and its outfit; and a military enterprise is a martial undertaking, involving the ...
military expedition led by General Josiah Harmar. The next year, the Indian ...
A Political, Social, and Military History by Spencer C. Tucker
British military expedition into Maine's Penobscot River during September 1—3, 1814. Trade between New Englanders and the British in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick continued throughout much of the war, despite ongoing hostilities.
by John Bouvier, Francis Rawle
Increasing the force of any vessel of war of such foreign prince by adding any equipment solely applicable to war; preparing any military expedition in the United States to be carried on ...
by Joseph Bosworth
A military expedition.
by Edward Samuel Farrow
An ancient term signifying a cavalry raid or mounted military expedition. Cheval- de-frise. — An obstacle in the form of a saw-horse with several legs. A hastily constructed substitute for an abatis, to stay the progress of an advancing enemy.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Military Expedition
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Military Expedition
If you need images about Military Expedition for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Military Expedition to see it in context!