Miller Williams (poet)
Who is Miller Williams?
Miller Williams is an American contemporary poet, as well as a translator and editor. He has authored over 25 books and won several awards for his poetry. His accomplishments have been chronicled in Arkansas Biography. He is perhaps best known for reading a poem at President Clinton's 1997 inauguration. One of his best-known poems is "The Shrinking Lonesome Sestina.
- born on (85 years ago) in Hoxie
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Writer, editor, translator, poet, author, teacher, publisher
- parent of Lucinda Williams
- written works: "The lives of Kelvin Fletcher", "The ways we touch", "Making a Poem", "Some jazz a while", "Halfway from Hoxie", "Time and the tilting earth", "Recital de Miller Williams en Valparaíso, Chile", "The boys on their bony mules", "A circle of stone", "Patterns of poetry", "Contemporary poetry in America", "Chile: an anthology of new writing", "A Roman Collection", "Why God permits evil", "Only World There Is", "Letters to the editor, and other poems", "Ozark Ozark Hillside Reade", "Adjusting to the light", "Living on the Surface", "The poetry of John Crowe Ransom", "Points of Departure"
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to National Book Award for Translation - "Sonnets of Giuseppe Belli"
- Poets' Prize - "Living on the Surface"
There are other people with Miller Williams in their name, like james miller williams.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Miller Williams (poet)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Videos about Miller Williams (poet)
Click on an item to play that video:
- Miller Williams: Definition of Poetry
- P180-52-Love Poem With Toast - Miller WIlliams
Poetry Every Day Project...
- Love Poem With Toast - Miller Williams
Love Poem With Toast by Miller Williams Voice by Hanna Yin Lindgren Made for Mr. Pitale's English 9 Period 7.
- KUAF Poetry Minute (Apr. 28) - "Showing Late Symptoms" by Miller Williams | Jo McDougall
Poet Jo McDougall reads "Showing Late Symptons, She First Tries to Fix Herself in the Minds of Her Children" by Miller Williams. Jo McDougall: ...
Anagrams of MILLER WILLIAMS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Miller Williams!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Miller Williams to find many related words and phrases!