On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun minden
What does minden mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- a battle in the Seven Years' War (1759) in which the English forces and their allies defeated the French
- region: Deutschland / Federal Republic of Germany / FRG / Germany
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- synonym of Minden: battle of Minden
- instance of: pitched battle = a fierce battle fought in close combat between troops in predetermined positions at a chosen time and place
- part of: Seven Years' War = a war of England and Prussia against France and Austria
- Minden is a town of about 83,000 inhabitants in the north-east of North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. The town extends along both sides of the River Weser. It is the capital of the district of Minden-Lübbecke, which is part of the region of Detmold. Minden is the historic political centre of the cultural region of Minden Land. It is widely known as the intersection of the Mittelland Canal and the River Weser. The town is over 1,200 years old and has many buildings in the Weser Renaissance style, in addition to its architecturally symbolic 1,000 year old cathedral.
- Minden is a small city in and the parish seat of Webster Parish, Louisiana, United States. is located twenty-eight miles east of Shreveport. The population, which has been stable since 1960, when it was 12,786. It was 13,082 at the 2010 census. The 2000 population had been 13,027; growth over the decade was hence .4 of 1 percent. Minden is 51.7 percent African American.A special census in 1967 conducted by the Tri-S Company showed that the population had temporarily, as it developed, surpassed 15,000.
- Minden is a city in Kearney County, Nebraska, United States. The population was 2,923 at the 2010 census. It is the county seat of Kearney County. It has possessed a post office since 1876.
- Minden is a city in Pottawattamie County, Iowa, United States. The population was 599 at the 2010 census. It has possessed a post office since 1875.
- Minden is a census-designated place in Fayette County, West Virginia, United States. As of the 2010 census, its population was 250. It has possessed a post office since 1905.
- Minden is a town in Montgomery County, New York, United States. The population was 4,297 at the 2010 census. The town is located at the western edge of the county. It has possessed a post office from 1802 to 1903.
- Minden is an unincorporated community in Rusk County, Texas, United States. It has possessed a post office since 1850.
- Minden is a ghost town in Calhoun County, Alabama, United States. It possessed a post office from 1878 to 1879.
- Minden is a ghost town in Warren County, Missouri, United States. It possessed a post office in 1899.
- Minden is a ghost town in Lawrence County, Missouri, United States. It possessed a post office from 1860 to 1873.
- Minden is a ghost town in Minden Township, Benton County, Minnesota, United States. It had a post office from 1869 to 1871.
- Minden is a ghost town in Chesterfield County, South Carolina, United States. It possessed a post office from 1891 to 1908.
- Minden is a ghost town in Kemper County, Mississippi. It possessed a post office from 1898 to 1915.
- Minden is a ghost town in Winnebago County, Wisconsin, United States. It possessed a post office in 1887.
- Minden is a ghost town in Meagher County, Montana, United States. Situated in the Crazy Mountains, Minden possessed a post office from 1896 to 1903 with Henry T. Foster as the postmaster and store owner.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Minden
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Printers' Ink (1917)
Mery van Minden is the son of one of the directors of the Societe Europecnne dc Publicite, of Paris. Bursley Joins Murphy Varnish Company Harry C. Bursley, for several years sales-promotion manager of Valentine & Company, New York, ...
The Complete Nevada Traveler (2002)
The Affectionate and Intimately Detailed Guidebook to the Most Interesting State in America by David W. Toll
Minden is the railroad's child, born in 1905 as a planned and platted subdivision with a brick depot, a central park and a grid of quiet streets. The pioneer town of Gardnerville had its share of rough characters in its youth, but the farmfolk were ...
The Canadian Teacher ... (1906)
by Gideon E. Henderson, Matthew Parkinson
Minden is a city in the province of Wes:phalia, Prussia. Rossbach is in the province of Saxor. Prussia. Frederick the Great defeated the Frer: and Austrians here, 1757. E.M.A. : The Vale of Avoca is in to county of Wicklow, Ireland. It is celebrati: ...
by Me. Huebinger
' Minden is a hustling. progressive little city. It has a live ...
Bookmark Now (2009)
Writing in Unreaderly Times: A Collection of All Original Essays from Today's (and Tomorrow's) Young by Kevin Smokler
Isabel, Minden, Ezekiel. Minden is the name of 115 Marginalia and Other Crimes TARA BRAY SMITH.
Marketing Communications (1917)
Mery van Minden is the son of one of the directors of the Société Europeenne de Publicite, of Paris. Bursley Joins Murphy Varnish Company Harry C. Bursley, ...
by James C. Bradford
Minden. (1758),. a victory of the disciplined British infantry, turned the tide of French advance in western Germany, securing Frederick the Great's western flank in the Seven Years' War. After a defeat at Bergen, near Frankfurt, in April, ...
by Tom Savage
Minden, Pottawattamie County. Minden was established in 1875 when Casper Foster of Davenport, Iowa, purchased 10,000 acres from the Rock Island Railroad. Foster insisted that a town be established along the track and be ...
Encyclopedia of Louisiana (1999)
by Nancy Capace
MINDEN -- The city was founded in 1836 by German- American ...
Industrie-Lexicon von Rheinland-Westphalen. ... Nach amtlichen ... Quellen ... aufgenommen, etc (1875)
by Christoph SANDLER
Vereinigte Westphalisehe Zuckerfabriken Wlotho und Minden (Aelieugesellschaft ). Sehe weter unton den Art. ...Vlotho", S. 1 #8. G. Wehdeking, Lederfabrik. ( orinder und Inhaber: Georg Wehlekino. (, thr. Zuups, Lackfalorik. Inhaber: Aug.
by Jan Onofrio
Representative and a Senator from Nebraska; born near Minden, Kearney County, Nebraska, March 15, 1905; attended the public schools, and Nebraska Wesleyan University at Lincoln; teacher in ...
The Encyclopaedia Britannica (1894)
A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and General Literature
Minden contains a gymnasium and several hospitals, besides other charitable institutions. Its industries include linen and cotton weaving, dyeing, calico printing , and the manufacture of tobacco, leather, lamps, chicory, and chemicals. There is ...
Ocean: A Visual Encyclopedia (2015)
100-101 Corbis: Norbert Wu / Minden Pictures (ca). imagequestmarine.com: Peter Herring (b).
In 2 Volumes by Joseph Emerson Worcester
Minden, gov. Prussia, in Westphalia, composed of the late principalities of Minden, Pa- derborn, Rittberg, the bailiwick of Reckeberg, the lordship of Rheda, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Minden
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Minden
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: henrikbeckerkoeln
Front row inside the Minden venue. There's those 6 white chairs again :)
Photo credit: Abi Skipp
Last stop! And just one more gig to go.
Photo credit: Abi Skipp
Minden venue, Stadttheater.
Photo credit: Abi Skipp
Photo credit: Abi Skipp
- Minden, ON
Photo credit: hkaito
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Minden
Minden Tax Proposal Explanation
See also the pronunciation examples of Minden!
Quotes about Minden
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'minden"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of M3I1N1D2E1N1
The value of this 6-letter word is 9 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of MINDEN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Minden!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Minden to see it in context!