Definition of the noun minion
What does minion mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: minions
- a servile or fawning dependant
Alternative definition of the noun minion
- A loyal servant of another, usually more powerful being.
- A sycophantic follower
- [context: Biblical tradition] An order of angel in Christian angelology, ranked above angels and below thrones.
Definition of the adjective minion
What does minion mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: -
- Favoured, beloved; "pet".
"Minion" a.k.a. "The Minion", is a 1998 American and Canadian action supernatural horror film directed by Jean-Marc Piché. Lukas Sadorov is a middle eastern templar who is a member of an order of templars who are charged with guarding the gateway to Hell that, if opened, will unleash all evil. The only thing that can open it is a key which is sought for by the Minion, a demonic spirit that transfers itself into the nearby host body when his previous one is killed off. Awakening in New York City, the Minion tracks down Karen Goodleaf as Lukas arrives to America to protect her and the key.
- countries: United States of America, Canada
- language: English Language
- director: Jean-Marc Piche
- producer: Claudio Castravelli
- genres: Horror, Thriller, Doomsday film, Action Film, Supernatural, Action/Adventure
- rating: R (USA)
- released in (16 years ago)
Minion is a fictional DC Comics superhero best known as a member of the Teen Titans and for giving the Omegadrome armor to Cyborg. He first appears in New Teen Titans #114, and was created by Marv Wolfman and Rick Mays.
- created by Marv Wolfman
Minion is a musical group.
- album: "Pantera"
- official website: www.minion-online.de
- Minion is a digital typeface designed by Robert Slimbach in 1990 for Adobe Systems. The name comes from the traditional naming system for type sizes, in which minion is between nonpareil and brevier. It is inspired by late Renaissance-era type.
- The minion was a type of small cannon used during the Tudor period and into the late 17th century. The minion was of a small bore typically 3-inch and fired a 5-pound cannon ball. It saw action in the English Civil War as an antipersonnel weapon and was known as a Minion Drake, derived from either the Latin word for dragon or from the famous seafarer Sir Francis Drake.
- Minion is a solver for constraint satisfaction problems. Unlike constraint programming toolkits, which expect users to write programs in a traditional programming language like C++, Java or Prolog, Minion takes a text file which specifies the problem, and solves using only this. This makes using Minion much simpler, at the cost of much less customization.
- Minion is a chatting widget developed by DevArzz, the South Korean server. It is created with Python 2.7.x version and twistedmatrix 11.0 library. Minion is not a software, but it is a program that can be built on to the Web browsers. In addition, there are public and non-public channels; non-public channels are usually installed on the private web pages, but it can be upgraded to public later on as they pay.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for minion
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Frédéric Benhamou, Narendra Jussien, Barry A. O'Sullivan
MINION is a general-purpose constraint solver that relies on a matrix-oriented modeling language which supports a lean and optimized implementation. The ultimate objective is to rely on an external modeling language like ESSENCE to ...
The Awakening (2004)
by L. A. Banks
Minion is a delicious read, leaving the reader licking one's lips and wanting more. ” —Fangoria “Minion is the thrilling debut of what promises to be an exciting, groundbreaking series. L. A. Banks has created a magical, brilliantly imagined ...
The Forbidden (2006)
by L. A. Banks
Booklist "Minion is an action-packed journey through a world of vampire hunters and hunted, told with the flavor and rhythm of the hip-hop generation. If you enjoy Anne Rice, Blade or Buffy, then Minion is the novel you have been waiting for.
The Damned (2007)
by L. A. Banks
Minion is the first appetizer setting up the next course.
by Janet Evanovich
ABOUT THE TYPE Minion is a 1990 Adobe Originals typeface by Robert Slimbach. Minion is inspired by classical, old style typefaces of the late Renaissance, a period of elegant, beautiful, and highly readable type designs. Created primarily ...
America at Risk (2009)
Threats to Liberal Self-Government in an Age of Uncertainty by Robert Faulkner, Susan M. Shell
Text design by Paula Newcomb Typesetting by Delmastype, Ann Arbor, Michigan Text font: Minion Minion is a 1990 Adobe Originals typeface by ...
by Richard Labunski
MINION is a 1990 Adobe Originals typeface by Robert Slimbach. Minion is inspired by classical, old style typefaces of the late Renaissance, a period of elegant, beautiful, and highly readable type designs. Created primarily for text setting, ...
A Case of Conscience (2000)
by James Blish
About the Type Minion is a 1990 Adobe Original typeface by Robert Slimbach. Minion is inspired by classical, old style typefaces of the late Renaissance, a period of elegant, beautiful, and highly readable type designs. Created primarily for ...
Short Shocks (2009)
by Andy Love
Minion is a gothic tale and A Night With Frost is a fable, showing how we take each other for granted.
over the wheel-work in minion 844 HOROLOGY. are represented in such a manner, that we may easily .. .
The Gardeners and Florists Dictionary, Or a Complete System of Horticulture: ... To which is Added, A Catalogue of Curious Trees, Plants and Fruits, ... In Two Volumes. By Philip Miller ... (1724)
by Philip Miller
fArly Nutmeg *-* Violet Hatif Minion Brugnon Elruge Varmash Murrey Red Roman Newington Peterborough's Italian Italian Arabian Geneva Scarlet, Parts clean from the Stone French Nectarine Late Green Late Yellow, or Temple's Nectarine ...
a comprehensive reference work by Thomas Edward Finegan
Minion. Ministers. coal which has been ' holed.' By this system the entire coal- seam is at once extracted, while the empty space or ' goaf ' is filled in with waste material as the work advances. Timbers are also largely used to sustain the roof of ...
by Robert Hunter, Charles Morris
minion—. ministering. that the Fhoeuicinus had quite borotl through a mountain in the Island of Thasos (vi. 4tf, 47% Aa early as the fourtli century B.C. the Bilvermlnea of Laurium, in Attica, were worked by the Athenians. The Romans, when ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for minion
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about minion
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Monkey Mash Button
- Jabba the Hutt and Minion
The bigger one is actually alive.
Photo credit: jeremyfoo
- Can Minion by FortisBC
Canstruction Vancouver is a canned food sculpture design competition supporting the Greater Vancouver Food Bank Society.
Photo credit: Ruth and Dave
- Minion cake
Photo credit: Eldriva
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about minion
Click on an item to play that video:
- WordAhead Vocabulary video: Minion (n)
- Understand what Minion say with Banana Dictionary app on iPhone/iPad/Android
WHAT DID THEY SAY IN MOVIE? IT'S CALLED BANANA LANGUAGE. This language is combined languages including French, English, Spanish and Italian. ****************...
- Punishment for team Minion ESL Da Lat
- Minion language
via YouTube Capture.
- Baby Florence is speaking minion language!
via YouTube Capture.
View more videos about The Minion.
See also the pronunciation examples of minion!
Scrabble value of M3I1N1I1O1N1
The value of this 6-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of minion to see it in context!