|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun minion
What does minion mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: minions
- a servile or fawning dependant
Alternative definition of the noun minion
- A loyal servant of another, usually more powerful being.
- A sycophantic follower
- [context: Biblical tradition] An order of angel in Christian angelology, ranked above angels and below thrones.
Definition of the adjective minion
What does minion mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: -
- Favoured, beloved; "pet".
"Minion" a.k.a. "The Minion", is a 1998 American and Canadian action supernatural horror film directed by Jean-Marc Piché and starring Dolph Lundgren and Françoise Robertson.
- countries: Canada, United States of America
- language: English Language
- director: Jean-Marc Piche
- producer: Claudio Castravelli
- genres: Horror, Thriller, Doomsday film, Action Film, Supernatural, Action/Adventure
- rating: R (USA)
- released in (17 years ago)
- Minion is a fictional character from the 2010 computer-animated superhero action comedy film Megamind.
- Minion is a fictional DC Comics superhero best known as a member of the Teen Titans and for giving the Omegadrome armor to Cyborg. He first appears in New Teen Titans #114, and was created by Marv Wolfman and Rick Mays.
- created by Marv Wolfman
- Minion is a fictional character in the 2011 comedic adventure/fantasy film Your Highness.
- Minion is a fictional character from the 2008 film Wild Child.
- Minion is a fictional character from the 2006 film Lifeblood.
Minion is a musical group.
- album: "Pantera"
- official website: www.minion-online.de
- Minion is a digital typeface designed by Robert Slimbach in 1990 for Adobe Systems. The name comes from the traditional naming system for type sizes, in which minion is between nonpareil and brevier. It is inspired by late Renaissance-era type.
- The minion was a type of small cannon used during the Tudor period and into the late 17th century. The minion was of a small bore typically 3-inch and fired a 5-pound cannonball. It saw action in the English Civil War as an antipersonnel weapon and was known as a Minion Drake, derived from either the Latin word for dragon or from the famous seafarer Sir Francis Drake.
- Minion is a solver for constraint satisfaction problems. Unlike constraint programming toolkits, which expect users to write programs in a traditional programming language like C++, Java or Prolog, Minion takes a text file which specifies the problem, and solves using only this. This makes using Minion much simpler, at the cost of much less customization.
- Minion is a chatting widget developed by DevArzz, the South Korean server. It is created with Python 2.7.x version and twistedmatrix 11.0 library. Minion is not a software, but it is a program that can be built on to the Web browsers. In addition, there are public and non-public channels; non-public channels are usually installed on the private web pages, but it can be upgraded to public later on as they pay.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for minion
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Forbidden (2006)
by L. A. Banks
Booklist "Minion is an action-packed journey through a world of vampire hunters and hunted, told with the flavor and rhythm of the hip-hop generation. If you enjoy Anne Rice, Blade or Buffy, then Minion is the novel you have been waiting for.
The Awakening (2004)
by L. A. Banks
Minion is a delicious read, leaving the reader licking one's lips and wanting more. ” —Fangoria “Minion is the thrilling debut of what promises to be an exciting, groundbreaking series. L. A. Banks has created a magical, brilliantly imagined ...
ECAI 2006 (2006)
17th European Conference on Artificial Intelligence by G. Brewka, S. Coradeschi, A. Perini
Minion is a general-purpose constraint solver, with an expressive input language based on the common constraint modelling device of matrix models. Focussing on matrix models supports a highly-optimised implementation, exploiting the ...
by Frédéric Benhamou, Narendra Jussien, Barry A. O'Sullivan
MINION is a general-purpose constraint solver that relies on a matrix-oriented modeling language which supports a lean and optimized implementation. The ultimate objective is to rely on an external modeling language like ESSENCE to ...
by Richard Labunski
MINION is a 1990 Adobe Originals typeface by Robert Slimbach. Minion is inspired by classical, old style typefaces of the late Renaissance, a period of elegant, beautiful, and highly readable type designs. Created primarily for text setting, ...
Learning SaltStack (2015)
by Colton Myers
The term minion refers to the servers connected to and controlled by a master. Installing with Salt-Bootstrap Information about ...
The Book of Common Prayer ... Together with Such of the Sunday Lessons as are Taken from the Old Testament. With Notes, by Sir J. Bayley, Knt (1824)
“there was given dominion and glory, and “a kingdom, that all people, nations, and “languages should serve him, whose do“minion is an everlasting dominion, which “shall not pass away, and whose kingdom “is that which shall not be ...
comprising explanations of the general principles of architecture... by Peter Nicholson
' Minion is the sifting: of the iron stones after cslcinstion at the iron furnaces. 88. Concrete]-In preparing concrete, the following proportions have' been found.
Hazell's Annual (1908)
The London Weoleyan Minion is the outcome of the interest aroused by "The Bitter Cry of Outcast London," issued m '85 by the Congregational Union. It has now 8 branches: Cast, Central, West, South, South-West, Grove, Dept- ford and ...
Report on Changes in Rates of Wages and Hours of Labour in the United Kingdom ... by Great Britain. Board of Trade
per 1,000 ens in favour of the London compositor, though minion is a body not very largely used in bookwork.
Slips of Speech and how to Avoid Them, with an Introduction from John Ruskin's "Sesame and Lilies" by Frank H. Vizetelly
A minion is a servile dependent and as such the word may be used to characterize informers, stool-pigeons, etc., bat is not justly applied to the officers engaged In enforcing the law. most for almost is provincial English, but one hears almost ...
A Guide for Authors, Publishers, & Others by Charles Thomas Jacobi, Frederick Howard Collins, Walter Boutall
Nonpareil is the name and size of the type shown here in this specimen page of old ~ Minion is the name and size of the type shown here in this specimen page of " Brevier is the name and size of the type shown here in this specimen TM ...
by Ernest Weekley
minnesinger, minion. minim [mus.]. L. minimus, because orig., in ancient notation, the shortest note. Cf. minimize, coined by Bentham; minimalist, incorr. rendering of Russ. menshevik (q.v.); minimum (of. maximum). mynyrn of songe: minima ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for minion
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about minion
Click on an item to view that photo:
Minion Phil with BANANA!
Photo credit: Wilson Hui
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about minion
Click on an item to play that video:
- Minion Meaning
Video shows what minion means. A loyal servant of another, usually a more powerful being.. A sycophantic follower.. A loved one; one highly esteemed and ...
- Minion meaning and pronunciation
1) fraNk - user of operator/character Minion. 2) well known as the elite player of both the games CyberMyst and Tharsis Gate. Minion definition by Urban ...
- WordAhead Vocabulary video: Minion (n)
- Bahhh the baa gas gracias bad she (meaning) minion takes over Apple gt's chanelll minion version
- Understand what Minion say with Banana Dictionary app on iPhone/iPad/Android
WHAT DID THEY SAY IN MOVIE? IT'S CALLED BANANA LANGUAGE. This language is combined languages including French, English, Spanish and Italian.
- Minion Language
GoodVibes #AplusAllWeather #PaintBabes #FreshGreen #Aplus #Paints #Colors.
- Minion Monopoly Slo mo whale language
- Minion Games - Minions Movie Language English - Best Animated Videos 2
Minion Games - Minions Movie Language English - Best Animated Videos 2 NEw o Minions are small, yellow pill-like creatures who have existed since the ...
- Minion language
Kevin loves apples and bananas.
- Minion language bello
- Minion Games - Minions Movie Language English - Best Animated Videos 3
Minion Games - Minions Movie Language English - Best Animated Videos 3 Best ! o Minions are small, yellow pill-like creatures who have existed since the ...
- Minion Games - Minions Movie Language English - Best Animated Videos 8
Minion Games - NEW Minions Movie Language English - Best Animated Videos 8 ...
- Alexis Faith can speak Minion language
via YouTube Capture.
- Minion Games - Minions Movie Language English - Best Animated Videos 5
Minion Games - Minions Movie Language English New - Best Animated Videos 5 o Minions are small, yellow pill-like creatures who have existed since the ...
- Minion Games - Minions Movie Language English - Best Animated Videos 1
Minion Games - Minions Movie Language English - Best Animated Videos 1 NEW o Minions are small, yellow pill-like creatures who have existed since the ...
- Minion Games - Minions Movie Language English - Best Animated Videos 6
Minion Games - New Minions Movie Language English - Best Animated Videos 6 ====================================================== o ...
View more videos about The Minion.
See also the pronunciation examples of minion!
Scrabble value of M3I1N1I1O1N1
The value of this 6-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of minion to see it in context!