On this page:
"Mircea" is a 1989 film about Mircea I of Wallachia, the Christian king of Wallachia who repelled the attempts at conquest made by the Ottoman Empire in the late 1300s and early 1400s. The film also depicts a young Vlad III the Impaler, Mircea's grandson, who would succeed him on the throne and continue his legacy of resistance against the Ottoman invasion.
- also known as Proud Heritage
- country: Romania
- language: Romanian Language
- director: Sergiu Nicolaescu
- production design by Stefan Antonescu
- written by Titus Popovici
- cinematography by Nicolae Girardi & Alexandru Groza
- edited by Maria Neagu
- music by Adrian Enescu
- costume design by Gabriela Nicolaescu
- genres: War film, Action Film, Historical fiction, Biographical film, Drama
- released on (25 years ago)
- Mircea is a fictional character from the 2010 film Morgen.
- Mircea is the fictional representation of the ruler of Wallachia Mircea the Elder from the 1989 film Mircea.
- Mircea is a fictional character from the 2010 short film Derby.
- Mircea is a fictional character from the 2008 film Gruber's Journey.
- Mircea is a fictional character from the 2010 film East Side Stories.
- Mircea is a fictional character from the 2003 film Donau, Dunaj, Duna, Dunav, Dunarea.
- Mircea is a fictional character from the 2010 film Doina.
The Mircea is a three masted barque, built in 1938 in Hamburg by the Blohm & Voss shipyard as a training vessel for the Romanian Navy. Her design is based on the successful plans of the Gorch Fock; the last of a series of four sister ships. The ship is named after the Wallachian Prince Mircea the Elder. After World War II she was temporarily taken over by the USSR, but later returned to Romania. In 1966, she was overhauled by Blohm & Voss.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Mircea
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Anthropology, Anthropology by CTI Reviews
Mircea: Mircea is a 1989film aboutMircea IofWallachia, the ChristiankingofWallachia who repelled the attempts at conquest made by the Ottoman Empire.
Midnight's Daughter (2008)
by Karen Chance
Mircea is a lot MIDNIGHT'S DAUGHTER 27.
The Dream Encyclopedia (2009)
by James R Lewis, Evelyn Dorothy Oliver
eliade, mircea point of recovery. One of the most unusual qualities of this omina is that it contains a section devoted to the dreams of women. Up until this point, women's dreams were largely ignored in Near Eastern cultures.
by David Adams Leeming, Margaret Adams Leeming
Mircea. Mircea Eliade was a scholar of world religions and the original classifier of cosmogonic myths into the basic types. Eliade sees the creation myth — the myth of chaos transformed into cosmos — as the essential human myth, the myth of ...
A Dictionary of Film Studies (2012)
by Annette Kuhn, Guy Westwell
there were attempts to establish a distinct cultural identity not completely governed by Moscow, with directors Mircea Dragan and Sergiu Nicolaescu ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Mircea
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Mircea
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video about Mircea
Mircea Cartarescu at European Language Label Awards 2011 (16.03.2012)
European Language Label Awards - Bucharest - the 16th of March 2012. Mini-conference of the Romanian writer - and professor - Mircea Cartarescu.
Quotes about Mircea
Scrabble value of M3I1R1C3E1A1
The value of this 6-letter word is 10 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of MIRCEA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Mircea!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Mircea to see it in context!