On this page:
- Definition of the noun moisture
- Phrases with Moisture
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Moisture
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Moisture
- Photos about Moisture
- Video language resources about Moisture
- Quotes about Moisture
- Scrabble value of M3O1I1S1T1U1R1E1
- Anagrams of MOISTURE
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun moisture
What does moisture mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: moistures
- wetness caused by water
- examples: As for the air, there is always some moisture in the atmosphere, but when the amount increases a great deal, it affects the light waves. | If your windows are not airtight, moisture will seep in. | If you watch the sun setting on a warm, damp day, you can see the moisture changing the shape of the sun. | Plant growth and productivity react sharply to a complex combination of temperature and moisture. | Yes, it is. There’s a lot of moisture in the air. | Yes, that's right. There’s a lot of moisture in the air. | To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose this apparatus to rain or moisture. | Service is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as power-supply cord or plug damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, this apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped. | Rice does not like moisture. Be sure to store it well. | He also thought about the birches in the depths of the valley where, according to him, at a depth of several meters beneath the surface some moisture was hidden.
- lexical domain: States - nouns denoting stable states of affairs
- synonym of moisture: wet
- more generic word: wetness = the condition of containing or being covered by a liquid
Alternative definition of the noun moisture
- A moderate degree of wetness. --Francis Bacon.
- That which moistens or makes damp or wet; exuding fluid;liquid in small quantity.
"Moisture" is a composition.
- music by George Pendergast, J. R. Richards, Scot Alexander & Rodney Browning Cravens
- lyrics by J. R. Richards, George Pendergast, Rodney Browning Cravens & Scot Alexander
Moisture refers to the presence of a liquid, especially water, often in trace amounts. Small amounts of water may be found, for example, in the air, in foods, and in various commercial products. Moisture also refers to the amount of water vapour present in the air.
- also known as Lembab, רטיבות, 水氣, 濕度, 水分, 潮濕
Phrases with Moisture
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Moisture
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
non Reheat Type by Sh. Indu Bhushan Mishra
Total moisture is the moisture determined as the loss in weight in an air atmosphere under rigidly controlled conditions...
Mitigation, Adaptation, and the Science Base by Committee on Science, Engineering, and Public Policy, Panel on Policy Implications of Greenhouse Warming, National Academy of Engineering, National Academy of Sciences, Policy and Global Affairs, Institute of Medicine
Soil moisture is the source of water for evaporation and thus controls heat transfer from the land surface. It also is the principal absorber of heat in the...
Soil moisture is an important factor for vegetation ...
Dryland Ecohydrology (2006)
by Paolo D'Odorico, Amilcare Porporato
Introduction Soil moisture is a major control on ecohydrological processes at both the storm event and seasonal scales. It influences the partitioning of precipitation into infiltration and runoff (Chapter 3), is a control on biogeochemical ...
A criticism upon modern notion of sacrifices, an examination of dr. Taylor's Scripture - doctrine of atonement examined, in relation i. to Jewish sacrifices ii. to the sacrifice of our lord Jesus Christ. To which is added an appendix (1761)
by James Richie, John Taylor
moisture is a known cause of the fertility of the ...
Keyword: MODIS; TVDI ; Soil moisture; Mongolian Plateau; drought 1 Introduction Soil moisture is the humidity in certain soil layer. It is a key parameter of atmosphere, hydrology, agriculture, zoology field and so on (YANG et al.,2010). It is not ...
Spatial Methods for Solution of Environmental and Hydrologic Problems--science, Policy, and Standardization (2003)
by Vernon Singhroy
Abstract: Soil moisture is an important component of the water and energy balance of the Earth's surface, and as such,
Soil moisture is a highly variable land surface parameter, and while point measurements are usually accurate, they are ...
BeiDou/GNSS Navigation Applications • Test & Assessment Technology • User Terminal Technology by Jiadong Sun, Wenhai Jiao, Haitao Wu, Chuang Shi
soil moisture is the basis of meteorological, agricultural and environmental scientific researches. Using the SNR observables to monitor the fluctuation of soil moisture is a new approach which does not suffer from destruction of environments ...
The Efficient Use of Energy (2013)
by I.G.C. Dryden
Moisture. Moisture is an inert material and its presence reduces the fuel value of the coal. Free moisture is the term generally applied to the water which has percolated through overlying strata into the coal measures and to that remaining after ...
by Russell G. Hicks
OBJECTIVES Damage to hot-mixed asphalt concrete pavement caused by moisture is a widespread problem. This synthesis: • addresses the recognition and extent of the problem, • lists and reviews the tests currently being used to identify the ...
by Olaf C. G. Adan, Robert A. Samson
Wood moisture is the most important factor influencing wood decay by fungi and consequently also the most important factor to be taken into consideration in terms of wood protection. The conventional opinion is that S. lacrymans can decay ...
Sensors, Methods, Applications by Claudia Künzer, Stefan Dech
Chapter 16 Soil Moisture from Thermal Infrared Satellite Data: Synergies with Microwave Data Claudia Kuenzer, Ursula Gessner, and Wolfgang Wagner Abstract Soil moisture is an important geophysical parameter and information on soil ...
The Water Dictionary (2010)
A Comprehensive Reference of Water Terminology by Nancy E. McTigue, James M. Symons
moisture content The quantity of water present in sludge, usually expressed in terms of a ...
by D.V. Rosato, Marlene G. Rosato
moisture Water that is quantitatively determined by a prescribed method that may vary according to the nature of the material.
by Joseph C. Salamone
FIBERS (Moisture Sorption Properties) 469 Inorganic Fibers (Surface Modification by Grafting) Jute Ligament Replacement Polymers (Technological and Design Aspects) Liquid Crystalline Polymers (Heat-Strengthened, Thermotropic) Liquid ...
by Ernest Joyce, Alan Peters
Drying times The usual time allowed for the air drying of timber to the normal equilibrium moisture content of from 15 to 22 per cent, according to the season, is one year for every inch in thickness; but given favourable conditions 1 in (25 mm) ...
by Robert S. Igoe
Worcestershire Sauce 153 percent moisture. It is used in dry mixes such as puddings. It is also termed dried milk and milk powder. Whole Wheat Flour The flour obtained by grinding cleaned wheat, other than durum wheat or red durum wheat, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Moisture
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Moisture
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Moisture
Click on an item to play that video:
- "Winter Secrets" Series - Aztec Healing Clay Hair Mask | Moisture & Definition Enhancer
This is the first video of the 'Winter Secrets' Series, giving you a step by step description on how to make the Aztec Healing Clay Hair Mask that helps to enhance ...
- Moisture Meaning
Video shows what moisture means. A moderate degree of wetness.. That which moistens or makes damp or wet; exuding fluid; liquid in small quantity.
- Soil Moisture Sensor Controller Installation and Explanation
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = Moisture meters
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = Moisture separators
- Admiral Browning - The Binary Language Of Moisture Vaporators
Admiral Browning - The Binary Language Of Moisture Vaporators Were taken from: Battle Stations For more info check out...
- The Hand of Thrawn - The Binary Language of Moisture Vaporaters - The Trunk Space 09/13/11
View more videos about Moisture Scan.
See also the pronunciation examples of Moisture!
Quotes about Moisture
Scrabble value of M3O1I1S1T1U1R1E1
The value of this 8-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of MOISTURE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Moisture!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Moisture to see it in context!