On this page:
- Definition of the adjective monumental
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Monumental
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Monumental
- Photos about Monumental
- Videos about Monumental
- Quotes about Monumental
- Scrabble value of M3O1N1U1M3E1N1T1A1L1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective monumental
What does monumental mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more monumental / most monumental
- relating or belonging to or serving as a monument
- examples: the use of the arch in monumental architecture | monumental sculptures
- lexical domain: Relational Adjectives (pertainyms)
- of outstanding significance
- imposing in size or bulk or solidity
Alternative definition of the adjective monumental
- in the manner of a monument.
- large, grand and imposing. Fitting to be a monument to someone or something.
- Taking a great amount of time and effort to complete
Monumental is the name of a station in the Barcelona Metro network. It takes its name from the former La Monumental bullring located in Eixample Dret, the northern part of the central Barcelona district of Eixample. It's served by L2, and opened in 1995, along with the other stations of the first section of the line to be built. It's situated under Carrer de la Marina between Consell de Cent and Diputació, and can be accessed from both sidewalks of Marina.
- "Monumental" is a musical single of The Flatliners.
- released on (5 years ago)
- "Monumental" is a musical EP of Datafreq & Danella Hocevar.
- released on (7 years ago)
- "Monumental" is a musical single of Valhalla.
- released in (20 years ago)
- "Monumental" is a musical album of Space March.
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Monumental" is a musical album of Reshmonu.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Monumental
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Giving the Derivation, Source, Or Origin of Common Phrases, Allusions, and Words that Have a Tale to Tell by Ebenezer Cobham Brewer
Monumental Figures. No. 1 . (1) Those in stone, with plain sloping roofs, and without inscriptions, are the oldest. (2) In 1160 these plain prismatic roofs began to be ornamented. (3) In the same century the sloping roofs gave place to armorial ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Monumental
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Monumental
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Daquella manera
Photo credit: SarahSphar
Photo credit: atkinson000
Photo credit: Steve Bremer
Photo credit: delaere
Photo credit: Nick Saltmarsh
Photo credit: FearfulStills
Photo credit: andrewfhart
Photo credit: Fuzzy Gerdes
A giant monument to a founder of modern Italy (General Vittorio Emanuele II), as well as their Tomb of the Unknown Soldier (with eternal flame) and a museum outlining the history of the country, this is an impressive monument, and quite a bit bigger even than what can be seen here. Nice collections of bronze and marble carvings scattered about.
Photo credit: icelight
Photo credit: steadiness.
Photo credit: EverJean
- Monumental Evening
Photo credit: BDUngard
- Monumental Valley Explored
Photo credit: minniemouseaunt
- Monumental Tower
Photo credit: hernanpba
- La Monumental
Photo credit: Matthew Black
- Eixo Monumental de Brasilia.
Photo credit: Marinelson Almeida Silva
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Monumental
Click on an item to play that video:
- Monumental Meaning
Video shows what monumental means. In the manner of a monument.. Large, grand and imposing. Fitting to be a monument to someone or something.. Taking a ...
- Monumental Victory: Legends Of Argon - EP18 - Something Good Without Meaning To
- Monumental Escuela de Ingles - What is a noun
- Monumental Escuela de Ingles - Phrasal verb
- Vatican City Monumental: English Language Edition
See also the pronunciation examples of Monumental!
Quotes about Monumental
Scrabble value of M3O1N1U1M3E1N1T1A1L1
The value of this 10-letter word is 14 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Monumental to see it in context!