On this page:
- Moomin is an anime television series produced by Telecable Benelux B.V.. It is based on the Moomin novels and comic strips by the Finnish illustrator and author Tove Jansson and her brother Lars Jansson. It was the third anime adaptation of Moomins but the first to be distributed and dubbed in other countries worldwide. Moomin first aired on TV Tokyo from April 12, 1990 to October 3, 1991. The series has also been dubbed English and aired on CBBC in United Kingdom during the same year.
- also known as Tanoshii Muumin Ikka
- begun on and completed on (23 years ago)
- 104 episodes of 23 minutes each, in 2 seasons
- created by Tove Jansson
- regular cast:
- genres: Animation, Comedy, Fantasy, Thriller, Fantasy television, Adventure, Family, Drama, Slice of life
- Moomin was a Japanese anime television series broadcast on Fuji Television between 1969 and 1970. The series is loosely based on the Moomin books by Finnish author Tove Jansson. A sequel series entitled Shin Muumin was later released. Jansson, however, never really approved of the series due to dramatic changes in areas such as plot, atmosphere, and character personality. In addition, the sequel was directed to adults rather than children.
- begun in (46 years ago)
- country: Japan
- regular cast:
- Kyōko Kishida as Moomintroll
- Jōji Yanami as The Muskrat
- Hitoshi Takagi as Moominpappa
- Masashi Amenomori as The Hemul
- Junko Hori as Little My
- Taichirō Hirokawa as Snork
- Chikao Ohtsuka as Stinky
- Hiroyuki Nishimoto as Snufkin
- Junpei Takiguchi as Moran
- Kōichi Kitamura as Herumu
- Kōsei Tomita as Sniff
- Miyoko Shoji as Mimura
- Yoshiko Yamamoto as Too-Ticky
- Akiko Takamura as Moominmamma
- Reiko Mutō as Non-Non
- Takako Sasuga as Thingumy
- Katsue Miwa as Bob
- Sachiko Chijimatsu as Sorry-oo
- Ichirō Nagai as The Hobgoblin
- genres: Children's television series, Animation, Anime, Fantasy television
"Moomin" is a book written by Tove Jansson.
- also known as "Moomin: The Complete Tove Jansson Comic Strip - Book Two", "Moomin: The Complete Tove Jansson Comic Strip - Book One"
- released in (10 years ago)
Moomin a.k.a. Moomintroll is the main character in the Moomin books by Tove Jansson. He lives in the Moominhouse together with his father Moominpappa and his mother Moominmamma and has a keen spirit of adventure. Moomintroll is a 'moomin' - a little white troll with a hippopotamus-like big round nose.
- read more about Moomintroll
- Moomin is a Japanese reggae artist. Along with a number of colleagues, he is responsible for the growth and popularity of Japan's reggae scene.
- Moomin a.k.a. Daijuyama Tadaaki is a former sumo wrestler from Niitsu, Niigata Prefecture, Japan. He made his professional debut in 1975, reaching the top makuuchi division in 1980. He was ranked in makuuchi for 64 tournaments, winning four special prizes, and seven gold stars for defeating yokozuna. He was a runner-up to Chiyonofuji in the July 1982 tournament. His highest rank was sekiwake. He retired in 1991 and is now an elder of the Japan Sumo Association. He re-established the Hanakago stable in 1992 and produced his first top division wrestler Kōryū in 2008.
- read more about Daijuyama Tadaaki
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Moomin
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Elisabeth Elgán, Irene Scobbie
the Finland-Swede, whose Moomin troll ...
by M. Keith Booker
Moomin ( Jansson ...
With the Accentuation of the Oordoo Words, Calculated to Facilitate Their Pronunciation by Europeans
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Moomin
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Moomin
Click on an item to view that photo:
Moomin peering out of the cage.
Photo credit: misterjingo
Photo credit: Oyvind Solstad
Photo credit: matsuyuki
Photo credit: JForth
Photo credit: Spixey
rare in China
3-1 4-1 5-1 5-2
Photo credit: Mumu X
Photo credit: Nina A.J.
- Moomin Tag
more colour treatment stuffs
Photo credit: osaka19
- Moomin Baby
Photo credit: libertygrace0
- Moomin theatre
Photo credit: codepo8
- Moomin graffiti
Photo credit: denAsuncioner
- Window Moomin
Photo credit: OiMax
- Moomin money box
Is it moominmama?
Photo credit: jem
- His n' Hers Moomin mugs.
Photo credit: Melissa Donne
- Moomin Art Collection from Finland.
Photo credit: koiart71
- Moomin Valley
Photo credit: spejledrejer
- Moomin Dress!!
Photo credit: Nina A.J.
Video about Moomin
Moomin Language School
See also the pronunciation examples of Moomin!
Scrabble value of M3O1O1M3I1N1
The value of this 6-letter word is 10 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Moomin to see it in context!