Usage statistics for the noun Mr:
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun mr
What does mr mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: Mrs
- a form of address for a man
Mr a.k.a. Mauritania, officially the Islamic Republic of Mauritania, is a country in the Maghreb region of western North Africa. It is the eleventh largest country in Africa, and is bordered by the Atlantic Ocean to the west, by Moroccan-controlled Western Sahara in the north, by Algeria in the northeast, by Mali in the east and southeast, and by Senegal in the southwest.
- also known as Islamic Republic of Mauritania, Mauritanie, Muritaniya
- founded on (54 years ago)
- part of Africa, West Africa, Maghreb, Arab world
- instance of: African country / African nation = any one of the countries occupying the African continent
- part: Nouakchott = capital of Mauritania
- member of: Arab League = an international organization of independent Arab states formed in 1945 to promote cultural and economic and military and political and social cooperation
- member: Mauritanian = a native or inhabitant of Mauritania
- read more about Mauritania (country)
- MR a.k.a. Maggie Reilly is a Scottish singer best known for her collaborations with the composer and instrumentalist Mike Oldfield. Most notably, she performed lead vocals on Oldfield's songs "Family Man" and "Moonlight Shadow", international hits in the early 1980s.
- read more about Maggie Reilly
- Mr a.k.a. Mr. is a Japanese contemporary artist, based in Saitama Prefecture, Japan. A former protégé of Takashi Murakami, Mr.'s work debuted in both solo and group exhibitions in 1996, and has since been seen in museum and gallery exhibitions in Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya, Paris, New York, Minneapolis, Chicago, Miami, Jerusalem, Los Angeles, and London.
- born in (46 years ago)
- Mr a.k.a. DJ Mr is a musical artist.
- also known as Mr., Mr. DJ
- Mr a.k.a. Marius Soska is the Father of Jen Soska and Sylvia Soska.
- read more about Marius Soska (actor)
Mr a.k.a. Mr.: Mister also known as Mr. is a Hong Kong, Chinese rock band composed of lead vocalist Alan Po, guitarists Ronny Lay and Quincy Tam, bassist and backing vocalist Desmond Tam, and drummer Tom To.
- albums: "Mr.", "If I Am…", "Like Black"
- official website: www.umg.com.hk/artist/175/detail
- Mr a.k.a. Air Mauritanie was the national airline of Mauritania from 1962 until it ceased operations in 2007 due to financial difficulties. It was based at Nouakchott International Airport, from where it operated domestic services, as well as flights to African destinations and Paris. The carrier had its headquarters in Nouakchott.
- Mr a.k.a. Hunnu Air is a Mongolian domestic airline that began scheduled flights in 2011. The company changed its name from the former Mongolian Airlines Group in April 2013 to avoid confusion with the similarly named Mongolian international flag carrier MIAT Mongolian Airlines.
- also known as Mongolian Airlines, Hunnu Airlines
- official website: www.hunnuair.com
- MR is a record label.
Mr a.k.a. Mr. is a fictional character from the 2010 film Third Star.
"Mr" a.k.a. "Mr." (pronounced "Mister") is a mini-album released in 2008 by Hong Kong indie rock band Mister.
- Mr a.k.a. Mr.: Mister, usually written in its abbreviated form Mr., is a commonly used English honorific for men. The title derived from master, as the equivalent female titles, Mrs, Miss, and Ms, all derived from the archaic mistress. The title master was retained and used for boys and young men, but is now less commonly used. The plural form is Misters, or the abbreviation Messrs. or Messrs. This is an English abbreviation of the French "messieurs", sometimes pronounced in English.
- also known as Mister
- mr: .mr is the Internet country code top-level domain for Mauritania. A local contact is required to register a domain name under .mr. Registrations are taken directly at the second level, but a .gov.mr second level domain exists in which governmental sites can be found at the third level.
- also known as .mr
- official website: www.nic.mr
- MR a.k.a. Melatonin receptor MT1 is a protein, chemical compound.
- read more about Melatonin receptor MT1
- Mr a.k.a. nuclear receptor subfamily 3, group C, member 2 is a gene.
- also known as mineralocorticoid receptor (aldosterone receptor)
Scrabble value of M3R1
The value of this 2-letter word is 4 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of Mr to learn how to say it correctly!