On this page:
Definition of the noun mudcat
What does mudcat mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: mudcats
- flesh of scaleless food fish of the southern United States; often farmed
- large catfish of central United States having a flattened head and projecting jaw
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- scientific name: Pylodictus olivaris
- synonyms of mudcat: flathead catfish / goujon / shovelnose catfish / spoonbill catfish
- more generic terms: catfish / siluriform fish = any of numerous mostly freshwater bottom-living fishes of Eurasia and North America with barbels like whiskers around the mouth
- member of: genus Pylodictus / Pylodictus = flathead catfishes
Mudcat is a fictional character from the 1939 film Career.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Mudcat
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Hairballs And Sticky Things (2003)
by Brent Schofield
Mudcat is a dog,” said ...
Volume 13: Gender by Nancy Bercaw, Ted Ownby
Steve Jarding and Dave “Mudcat” ...
Second Edition by David Finoli, Bill Ranier
Mudcat Grant 8 .
by David L. Porter
APPENDIX 2 Garber, Henry Eugene Garcia, Edward Miguel "Mike" Gibson, Robert Glavine, Thomas Goldsmith, Fred Gomez, Vernon Gooden, Dwight Gossage, Richard "Goose" Grant, James "Mudcat" Green, George Dallas Griffith, ...
by Random House
black hat, bobcat, brass hat, brickbat, chitchat, combat, Comsat, cravat, dingbat, doormat, expat, fat cat, fiat, format, fruit bat, hard-hat, hellcat, hepcat, hereat, high- hat, house cat, jurat, kit-kat, low-fat, meerkat, milkfat, molerat, mudcat, mud flat, ...
by Scott Dowding
mudcat, this catfish is yellow and brown in color and has a flattened head with a projecting lower jaw; most commonly found in the central U.S.—Pylodictis olivaris. flatty—nJslang 1. an underwater hunter's term for flat, bottom dwelling ...
The Braves Encyclopedia (1995)
by Gary Caruso
Louis Mudcat Grant 599. April 25 (1st) San Diego Dave Roberts 545.
by John Sandilands
Mudcat State, Mississippi.
The Standard American Encyclopedia of Arts, Sciences, History, Biography, Geography, Statistics, and General Knowledge (1897)
by John Clark Ridpath
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Mudcat
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Mudcat
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Scrabble value of M3U1D2C3A1T1
The value of this 6-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the second edition of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Mudcat to find many related words and phrases!