On this page:
- Mugs a.k.a. George Halas, Jr.: George Staley Halas, Jr., nicknamed "Mugs," was one of four presidents in the history of the Chicago Bears franchise of the National Football League. He was the son of George Halas, who was a player, head coach, and owner of the Bears, and the co-founder of the NFL. George Jr. joined the Bears' front office in 1950. He became the treasurer in 1953 and president of the club in 1963. After 16 years as the club president, he died on the last day of the 1979 regular season. The George Halas Jr. Sports Center was dedicated on September 2, 1982 on the campus of Loyola University in Chicago. He was a graduate of Loyola University's School of Commerce.
- read more about George Halas, Jr.
- Mugs a.k.a. Mark Farrell is an actor.
- read more about Mark Farrell (actor)
- Mugs a.k.a. Muggs McGinnis is a fictional character from East Side Kids Series.
- read more about Muggs McGinnis
- Mugs is a fictional character from the 1945 film Docks of New York.
- Mugs is a fictional character from the 1942 film Neath Brookyln Bridge.
Mugs a.k.a. Mug: A mug is a sturdily built type of cup often used for drinking hot beverages, such as coffee, tea, hot chocolate or soup. Mugs have handles and hold a larger amount of fluid than other types of cup. Usually a mug holds approximately 12 fluid ounces of liquid; double a tea cup. A mug is a less formal style of drink container and is not usually used in formal place settings, where a teacup or coffee cup is preferred. Shaving mugs can be used to assist in wet shaving.
- also known as كوب كبير بيد "مج", 馬克杯
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Mugs
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Hinckley Jim Jim Hinckley James Hinckley Kerrick James
D'z Route 66 Diner, a re- created 1950s eatery where a local brand of root beer served in frosted, heavy glass mugs is a specialty. From Kingman, the highway hugs one rock wall of a ...
Encyclopedia Paranoiaca (2013)
by Henry Beard
See also: coffee mugs. coffee mugs. “Reusing your coffee mug is great for the environment but may not be so great for your health,” writes Danielle Braff in Men's Health magazine. Indeed, according to research conducted by noted University ...
by Tim Daly
Use two mugs with handles. \ pony glass gum syrup. 1 wine glass Scotch whiskey. Mix well with a little hot water, then ignite the liquid and pour rapidly from one mug to the other three or four times, which will give the appearance of a stream of ...
Mugs. Names for the natives and dialect of Arracan and Chattagong, who are probably Malays. A. C. MUGGALU, see Moitay. MUHHEEKANEW, see MOhican. MUKABI, iee Ukuafi. Mulatto. Ethnological : issue of white and African. MUNDALA.
Greeting card designers create illustrations or photographs for cards, posters, calendars, stationery, mugs, and other items generally sold in card shops. Greeting card writers compose the expressions, poems, and jokes that accompany the ...
by Andrew Smith
Beer mugs are lidless, handled drinking containers made of materials that include glass, earthenware, pewter, and stoneware. Before the development of sturdy glass and stoneware, wooden and earthenware mugs were used. In the late ...
The Housekeeper's Encyclopedia of Useful Information for the Housekeeper in All Branches of Cooking and Domestic Economy ... (1861)
by E F Haskell
Bedstead, with furniture and crockery ; bureau, washstand, washbowl, and pitcher; slop jar, soap dish, foot bath, and two pint mugs ; rocker, and other chairs ; footstool, stove, and window shades ; looking-glass, and small table ; carpet, broom, ...
mug2 /mAg/ verb: mugs, mugging, mugged Someone who is mugged is attacked and robbed violently or under threat of violence. — noun mugger: The muggers left him with a broken wrist. — noun mugging: There ...
by Robert Beck
Mugs. This cartoon is a parody of Warner Bros. ¡930s gangster films, in which “Ed G. Robemsome” plays bank robber Killer Diller. Supervisor, Fred (Tex) Avery; story, Jack Miller; animation, Sid Sutherland; musical direction, Carl W. Stalling; ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Mugs
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Mugs
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video language resources about Mugs
Click on an item to play that video:
- MUGS Rules: Verb Tense Shift
English 8 discusses the concept of verb tense in grammar and the problems students encounter with unnecessary shifts in it. This video comes from Writer's ...
- Mugs and Language - Vlogging from Bosnia Day 37
Discussing the English Language, some new T Shirts and an obsession with coffee mugs.
- MUGS Rules: Verb Tense Shift
English 7 discusses unnecessary verb tense shifts in their journal entry essay.
See also the pronunciation examples of Mugs!
Quotes about Mugs
Scrabble value of M3U1G2S1
The value of this 4-letter word is 7 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine