On this page:
- Muzak is a brand of background music delivered to retail stores and other establishments. The former company that marketed the brand was Muzak Holdings, and was itself often referred to simply as Muzak. Mood Media purchased Muzak Holdings for US$345 million in 2011, including $305 million in cash. The company has chosen to consolidate Muzak into a sensory overload system to manipulate buying habits. Muzak's restructuring through Mood Media is reportedly intended to allow the company to calm their audiences and make them more receptive to advertising.
- also known as Muzak Holding Corporation, Muzak Corporation
- official website: www.muzak.com
- Muzak is a record label.
- official website: www.muzak.co.jp
Muzak is a musical group.
- albums: "In Case of Loss, Please Return To:"
- "Muzak" is a musical album of Pink Turns Blue.
- released in (22 years ago)
- "Muzak" is a musical album of Saturnia.
- released in (9 years ago)
- "Muzak" is a musical album of Slowhill.
- released in (5 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Muzak
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Triple Entendre (2013)
Furniture Music, Muzak, Muzak-Plus by Herve Vanel
restaurants: “As far as our dining room is concerned,” reported one satisfied subscriber, “Muzak is a must—for it helps to create a warm, friendly, enjoyable atmosphere, while subduing the natural restaurant clatter of dishes, knives, forks, etc.
by Daniel Hjorth
Muzak is a music genre that is used as 191 Sports as Entertainment.
by Peter Maxwell Davies
Muzak is a supplier of background music, but it is commonly used as a generic term to refer to (usually instrumental) easy listening music that is played through speakers in lifts, restaurants and shopping malls. 8 Ingmar Bergman ...
The Unitarian Register (1899)
Madame Muzak is a powerful ...
by Norman Abjorensen
MUZAK. Muzak was a commercial brand name of background music delivered to retail stores and other establishments. While its name is commonly associated with ...
by Frank Hoffmann
The Muzak system became popular particularly in urban centers, ...
Encyclopedia Neurotica (2013)
by Jon Winokur
Muzak Soothing music piped into public venues. Born in elevators ...
by Tom Dalzell, Terry Victor
®muzak ̄. UK,2003 New Zealand green nouna strain of marijuana, known elsewhere as Tasmanian tiger, Thai Buddha and Hawaiian headNEW ZEALAND, 2002 New Zealand mafia noun a notional organisation of New Zealand ...
by James E. Crimmins
Parfit's Zlives contain only muzak and potatoes. If these are human lives, then they will also contain negative elements, such as boredom and frustration. Perhaps a muzak and potatoes life is well below zero. Utilitarians who reject the total ...
by Maurice Waite
muzak n. trademark recorded light background music played in public places. – origin from music. muzzle n. 1 the nose and mouth of an animal. 2 a guard fitted over an animal's nose and mouth to stop it biting or ...
by Kari Juusela
Muzak. A generic term for elevator music, originally produced and sold by the company Muzak Holdings LLC. nai. Romanian panpipes. NAMM. National Association of ...
by Donald G. Godfrey, Frederic A. Leigh
Several syndicated easy-listening music services without commercials, such as Muzak, went out on FM subcarriers that required special adaptors for reception. The format was advertised to businesses as a means of relieving stress in the ...
by Don Michael Randel
Muzak. A trade name for music intended solely for use as background in work or public places. Several companies provide music of this type as a commercial service, and it is made available through both radio and closed-circuit broadcast.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Muzak
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Muzak
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video about Muzak
Video shows what Muzak means. Recorded background music transmitted by wire, radio or compact disc on a subscription basis to places of business, etc.
See also the pronunciation examples of Muzak!
Quotes about Muzak
Music can be used against us as much as it can be used for us. Muzak can put a whole nation to sleep, whereas a lullaby is intended to put a child to sleep in a sweet way. (Holly Near)
more quotes about muzak...
Scrabble value of M3U1Z10A1K5
The value of this 5-letter word is 20 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Muzak to see it in context!