On this page:
- Definition of the noun nad
- Other definitions of nad
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Nad
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Nad
- Photos about Nad
- Video language resources about Nad
- Quotes about Nad
- Scrabble value of N1A1D2
- Anagrams of NAD
- Share this page
Nad is sometimes a misspelling of mad.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun nad
What does nad mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- a coenzyme present in most living cells and derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid; serves as a reductant in various metabolic processes
Other definitions of nad
What does nad also mean?
- [linguistics] noun animate dependent
NAD a.k.a. NAD Electronics is a brand name of an electronics firm whose products include home audiophile amplifiers and related components. NAD was an abbreviation for New Acoustic Dimension.
- read more about NAD Electronics
- Nad a.k.a. Nadia Shazana is an actress.
- read more about Nadia Shazana (actress)
- NAD is a musical artist.
- read more about NAD (musical artist)
NAD a.k.a. N.A.D. is a musical group.
- read more about N.A.D.
- Nad a.k.a. Namibian dollar: The dollar has been the currency of Namibia since 1993. It is normally abbreviated with the dollar sign $, or alternatively N$ to distinguish it from other dollar-denominated currencies. It is divided into 100 cents.
- also known as 納米比亞元
- official website: www.bon.com.na
- NAD: NADH dehydrogenase [quinone] 1 is an enzyme that in humans is encoded by the NQO1 gene.
- also known as NAD(P)H dehydrogenase
- NAD is used extensively in glycolysis and the citric acid cycle of cellular respiration. The reducing potential stored in NADH can be converted to ATP through the electron transport chain or used for anabolic metabolism. ATP "energy" is necessary for an organism to live. Green plants obtain ATP through photosynthesis, while other organisms obtain it by cellular respiration. A coenzyme composed of ribosylnicotinamide 5'-diphosphate coupled to adenosine 5'-phosphate by pyrophosphate linkage. It is found widely in nature and is involved in numerous enzymatic reactions in which it serves as an electron carrier by being alternately oxidized and reduced.
- also known as Diphosphopyridine nucleotide, Codehydrase I, Cozymase, Cozymase I, Coenzyme I, Codehydrogenase I, Endopride, NAD trihydrate, Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide, Nicotinamide dinucleotide, Pyridine nucleotide diphosphate, Nicotineamide adenine dinucleotide, Oxidized diphosphopyridine nucleotide, nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide oxidized, diphosphopyridine nucleotide oxidized
- Nad a.k.a. Nijadali Language: Nijadali is a nearly extinct Pama–Nyungan language of Western Australia. It is spoken by only two groups of people, the Palyku and Jauna.
- also known as Jauna, Nyiyabali, Balygu, Bailko, Balgu, Paljgu, Njijapali, Palyku, Nyiypali
- NAD: Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide, a coenzyme, found in eukaryotic cells and is involved in many enzymatic reactions and the production of energy through redox reactions.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Nad
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Science of Biology by William K. Purves, David Sadava, Gordon H. Orians, H. Craig Heller
NAD Is an Energy Carrier Thanks to its ability to carry free energy and electrons, NAD is a major and universal energy intermediary in cells. In both the burning and the metabolism of glucose, glucose is the reducing agent and oxygen gas ...
Life, Part 1: The Cell (2004)
by William K. Purves, David Sadava, Gordon H. Orians, H. Craig Heller
The coenzyme NAD is a key electron carrier in redox reactions In Chapter 6, we described the role of coenzymes, small...
Life (Loose Leaf) (2006)
The Science of Biology by David E. Sadava, Gordon H. Orians, H. Craig Heller, David M. Hillis, William K. Purves
The coenzyme NAD is a key electron carrier in redox reactions Section 6.4 described the role of coenzymes, small molecules...
NAD Is an Energy Carrier in Redox Reactions Thanks.
by Mary Campbell, Shawn Farrell
NAD is the oxidized form. It will be reduced and thus will serve as the oxidizing agent. In the first reaction, pyruvate is reduced and NADH is oxidized; pyruvate is the oxidizing agent, and NADH is the reducing agent. In the second reaction, ...
NAD is the rate limiting factor in oxidation of alcohol by alcohol dehydrogenase ( ADH). This explains how SAMe and betaine prevented the cycle. Microarray analysis showed that betaine feeding prevented the up regulation of a large number ...
The Functioning Cytoplasm (2012)
by Ruth Bulger
In the reactions of glycolysis and the Krebs tricarboxylic acid cycle, hydrogen is removed from certain intermediate products in the presence of the carrier molecule nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD). NAD is a coenzyme required for the ...
Oder Vollständiges Englisch-deutsches Wörterbuch, Anfänglich Von Nathan Bailey Herausgegeben; Jetzt Aber Fast Ganz Umgearbeitet, Vermehret und Verbessert Von Anton Ernst Klausing, ... by Nathan Bailey
šiadourtić, neighbourly; fió nad Éadio erteigen, to shew one'sself neighbourly, kindly, friendly, familiarly, as it becomes Neighbours. Qadībarsdjaft, f Neighbourhood. §ad bebenfen, to advise yourself aster" Deed done; bag oad/ bobeufen, After ...
by John McDonough, Karen Egolf
The National Advertising Division of the Better Business Bureau The National Advertising Division (NAD) of the Council of Better Business Bureaus is charged with independent responsibility for monitoring and reviewing national advertising ...
London Encyclopaedia; Or, Universal Dictionary of Science, Art, Literature and Practical Mechanics (1829)
Comprising a Popular View of the Present State of Knowledge
THE SCAPULA IS MOVED THE HUMERUS IS MOVED THE FORE-ARM IS MOVED THE RADIUS IS ROLLED THE CARPUS IS MOVED The NAD by Abductor pollicis longus. Abductor pollicis breVls. Opponens. Atlanted by Trapezius, partly.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Nad
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Nad
Click on an item to view that photo:
Canon Eos 66. 35mm Kodak T-Max 100 B/W
Photo credit: the.farand.effect
A new 50/1.8 lens. It's crazy sensitive.
Photo credit: tacoekkel
- Nove Mesta Nad Vahom
Jade Alger Music - traveling Slovakia for Kinora inspiration
Photo credit: Jade Alger Music
- ......zielone wzgorza nad Solina.........
Photo credit: lisa-skorpion
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Nad
Click on an item to play that video:
- Nad Meaning
Video shows what nad means. noun animate dependent. Nad Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say nad. Powered by MaryTTS ...
- Internet Slang Challenge W/ Nad
- Super Six Tour 2013 - Dvory Nad Zitavou, Slovakia (Multi-language)
- ESL IME 2015 LOL,IME FINALS LEAGUE OF LEGENDS,NOCNY LOT NAD KATOWICAMI
ESL IME 2015 LOL, IME FINALS LEAGUE OF LEGENDS,NOCNY LOT NAD KATOWICAMI , NOCNY LOT NAD CENTRUM KATOWIC FINAL IME 2015 ,Intel ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Nad!
Quotes about Nad
a being sentenced to be a measure of the universe
is a marginal artist always at the edge
of a 'neath beyond abyss
biće osuđeno da bude mjera svemira
je marginalni unjetnik uvijek na ivici
pod nad zemnog ponora (Miroslava Odalovic)
more quotes about nad...
Scrabble value of N1A1D2
The value of this 3-letter word is 4 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of NAD
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Nad!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Nad to see it in context!