On this page:
Definition of the noun naiadales
What does naiadales mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- an order of aquatic monocotyledonous herbaceous plants
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- synonyms of Naiadales: Alismales / order Alismales / order Naiadales
- more generic term: plant order = the order of plants
- member of: class Liliopsida / class Monocotyledonae / class Monocotyledones / Liliopsida / Monocotyledonae / Monocotyledones = comprising seed plants that produce an embryo with a single cotyledon and parallel-veined leaves: includes grasses and lilies and palms and orchids; divided into four subclasses or superorders: Alismatidae; Arecidae; Commelinidae
- family Naiadaceae / family Najadaceae / naiad family / Naiadaceae / Najadaceae = monotypic family of aquatic plants having narrow leaves and small flowers
- water-plantain family / family Alismataceae / Alismataceae = perennial or annual aquatic or marsh plants
- family Hydrocharidaceae / family Hydrocharitaceae / frog's-bit family / Hydrocharidaceae / Hydrocharitaceae / frogbit family = simple nearly stemless freshwater aquatic plants
- family Potamogetonaceae / Potamogetonaceae / pondweed family = plants that grow in ponds and slow streams
- family Scheuchzeriaceae / family Juncaginaceae / arrow-grass family / Scheuchzeriaceae / Juncaginaceae = a family of monocotyledonous bog herbs of order Naiadales
- family Zannichelliaceae / Zannichelliaceae = alternative classification for some genera included in Potamogetonaceae
- family Zosteraceae / eelgrass family / Zosteraceae = used in some classifications: essentially equivalent to Potamogetonaceae
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Naiadales
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia: The Century dictionary ... prepared under the superintendence of William Dwight Whitney ... rev. & enl. under the superintendence of Benjamin E. Smith (1914)
by William Dwight Whitney, Benjamin Eli Smith
Naiadales nannocephalic Naiadales (na-ya- da'lez), ...
The Century Dictionary (1914)
An Encyclopedic Lexicon of the English Language
| s £4 - - Naiadales - - Naiadales (ná-ya-dā'iez), m.pl.
by William Dwight Whitney
Naiadales 848 nannocephalic Naiadales (na\ va-da'lez) ...
Naiadales (nā-ya-dā'lez), n., pl. . [NL.
Including Atlas of the World and Cyclopedia of Names
Naiadales (nā-ya-dā'īāz), n., pl. , [NL. (Britton, 1898), K. S47 ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Naiadales
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of N1A1I1A1D2A1L1E1S1
The value of this 9-letter word is 10 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of NAIADALES
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Naiadales!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Naiadales to find many related words and phrases!