Names appears in many palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- So many droopy names use many poor dynamos.
- Tacit names, Lee, free deer feel semantic at.
- Deified names I reconcile ram a relic no cerise man deified.
On this page:
- Definition of the noun names
- Phrases with Names
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Names
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Names
- Photos about Names
- Video language resources about Names
- Sign language
- Quotes about Names
- Scrabble value of N1A1M3E1S1
- Anagrams of NAMES
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun names
What does names mean as a name of something?
- verbal abuse; a crude substitute for argument
- example: sticks and stones may break my bones but names can never hurt me
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- synonym of names: name calling
- more generic terms: calumniation / calumny / defamation / hatchet job / obloquy / traducement = a false accusation of an offense or a malicious misrepresentation of someone's words or actions
- "Names" is a musical EP of Johnny Foreigner.
- released on
- "Names" is a musical single of Bosco & The Enemy.
- released on
- "Names" is a musical album of Anstam.
- "Names" is a musical album of Xololanxinxo.
- released on (11 years ago)
- Names a.k.a. Name: A name is a word or term used for identification. Names can identify a class or category of things, or a single thing, either uniquely, or within a given context. A personal name identifies, not necessarily uniquely, a specific individual human. The name of a specific entity is sometimes called a proper name and is a proper noun. Other nouns are sometimes, more loosely, called names; an older term for them, now obsolete, is "general names". A name can be given to a person, place, or thing; for example, parents can give their child a name or scientist can give an element a name.
- read more about Name
- Names is a 2013 Telly Award winning ad, created by DMW Direct for Gerber Life Insurance Co.
- award: - Telly Award for Regional TV & Multi-Market Cable Commercial - Insurance, received by DMW Worldwide LLC
- Names used by this person. Each element of a name should be entered individually.
Phrases with Names
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Names
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Light Writing & Life Writing (2000)
Photography in Autobiography by Timothy Dow Adams
Scott Momaday's The Names is an odd book, difficult to classify by any generic standards, though it would seem to be as much autobiography as anything else, if we use Sidonie Smith's definition: " Autobiography ...
A Dictionary of First Names (2006)
by Patrick Hanks, Kate Hardcastle, Flavia Hodges
Traditional names such as John and Mary are in decline, while new coinages such as Kai and Tia are in favour. Throughout the English-speaking world it is becoming increasingly fashionable to name children with words and coinages that ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Names
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Names
Click on an item to view that photo:
Wooden block name puzzles at a stand at the West Virginia State Arts & Crafts Fair in Ripley, WV
Photo credit: Penningtron
Photo credit: ahenobarbus
- House Names
Some of the inventive house names in the area.
Photo credit: Steve Parker
- Visitors Names
Photo credit: Zach Durland
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Names
Click on an item to play that video:
- The Numerology of Names - Find the Secret Meaning in Your Name
- Irish Names For Things (Irish Slang)
The definitive guide to Irish words for things.
- Lalita Sahasranama Namavali (Archana) - 1000 names of Divine Mother With Meaning & Lyrics
Lalita Sahasranama Namavali Archana - 1000 names of Divine Mother With Meaning & Lyrics Download PDF of Sahasranamavali here...
- Hello Class: Names, Learn English Vocabulary Online
- Muscle Names Have Meaning
Learning muscles is hard enough without dealing with those crazy convoluted Latin names. But if you pay attention to those names, you'll find that they are ...
- Fruit Names - English Fruit Vocabulary & Pronunciation Lesson
- Lalitha Sahasranamam With English Meaning - 1000 Names of Lalitha Devi - The Divine
- Muslim Baby Names Meaning - BOYS: Abdul - Alphabet R
- Islamic Names Meaning
Meaning of islamic names islamic baby names girls names boys names and lucky numbers.
- 108 Names of Lord Shiva with English Meaning
- Basic 2D, 3D Shapes - Definition, Names - Preschool and Kindergarten Activities, Fun Game for Kids
Blocks and clocks and tables too, the sun and the clouds, and even you - everything has a shape. Can you find these shapes all around you? Kids Educ ...
- Muslim Baby Names Meaning - BOYS: Abdul - Alphabet H
- 72 names and the 72 names prayer explanation
Deep explanation on the 72 names and introduction of the 72 names prayer. The 72 names sacred prayer ...
- Meaning of Names - Online Divination Tools
FREE Meaning of Names application. The method based on Pythagoras formula. It will analyze your name and show your characteristics that might be affect to ...
- Christian Baby Names With Meaning
ParentingNation.in Created This Video With The Thought Of Providing Perfect Christian Baby Names To The Viewer.
- Babies Names Meaning & Origin
Babies Names Meaning & Origin...
- Names in Slang & Sayings
Names in expressions. Song by Nicolai Heidlas.
- The Meaning of Names (book trailer)
Book trailer for the novel "The Meaning of Names" by Karen Gettert Shoemaker.
- Indian Baby Girl Names With Meaning
- Indian Hindu Baby Names With Meaning
- How to Change Item Names - Make Custom Language Pack: Minecraft 1.8.7
- Fruit Names - ESL - 36 different fruits
- "Days of the Week" - Teach Weekday Names, Monday, Tuesday, ESL, Kindergarten, Baby Learning Songs
Memorize "Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday" and the other Days of the Week by singing this catchy tune you'll never forget. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday ...
- ESL Beginners English Lesson - Names of Fruits
- Learn Names For Family Members. Easy English Conversation Practice. ESL.
Study Members of a family. Speak English Now!
- Animal Names - ESL - 61 Animals & Insects
- Smash Bros Wii U: Multi-language Character names
All characters names read in the 5 dubbed languages available in Europe. The English used is the European version; one change found is the name change to ...
- A Noun Names an Idea
Now available as a school site license!
- The Month Names in the Western Apache Language
The Western Apache Language is a similar language to the Navajo language. Since the names of the months would have the same ancestral roots, this video ...
- Baby Names Dictionary
View more videos about The Names.
See also the pronunciation examples of Names!
Click on an item to play that video:
- Sign Language Basics : Sign Language: Names
You don't want to spell out a name every time. ASL uses sign names to solve this problem. Learn the basics of American Sign Language in this free education ...
- BSL Fingerspelling Practice Quiz - Girls Names - British Sign Language
Test your receptive skills with this British Sign Language (BSL) finger spelling practice quiz. There's 10 different girls names spelled out, can you get them all?
- BSL Fingerspelling Practice Quiz - Boys Names - British Sign Language
Test your receptive skills with this British Sign Language (BSL) finger spelling practice quiz. There's 10 different boys names spelled out, can you get them all?
- Names and Colors (American Sign Language)
How to say most of the Colors.
- Basic Sign Language Phrases : Sign Language Phrases: Names
Spell out your name with fingers if you don't know the sign language equivalent. Collaborate with a deaf person to increase sign language skills with the tips in ...
Quotes about Names
Scrabble value of N1A1M3E1S1
The value of this 5-letter word is 7 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of NAMES
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Names!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Names to see it in context!