Naval appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- Sev (a Slav) and I disabused a jade sub as I did naval saves.
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective naval
- Phrases with Naval
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Naval
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Naval
- Photos about Naval
- Video language resources about Naval
- Quotes about Naval
- Scrabble value of N1A1V4A1L1
- Anagrams of NAVAL
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective naval
What does naval mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: -
- connected with or belonging to or used in a navy
- examples: naval history | naval commander | naval vessels
- lexical domain: Relational Adjectives (pertainyms)
Who is Naval?
Naval is an actor.
- profession: Actor
- read more about Naval (actor)
Phrases with Naval
- naval gun
- Naval mine
- naval unit
- naval chart
- naval radar
- naval battle
- naval forces
- naval academy
- naval attache
- naval missile
- naval officer
- naval blockade
- naval campaign
- naval division
- naval engineer
- Naval Infantry
- Naval Shipworm
- naval shipyard
- naval weaponry
- Naval Architect
View more phrases with the word Naval in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Naval
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
naval /'nerval/ adjective Naval means relating to a navy , ...
Folens Dictionary (1999)
by Fred McDonald
naval adjective Naval means to do with the navy. [Naval comes from the same Latin word as navy.] neighbour nave noun naves The nave is the long, narrow 240 abcdefghijklm.
Naval Text-Book. Letters to the Midshipmen of the United States Navy on masting, rigging, and managing vessels of war. Also, a set of stationing tables, a naval gun exercise, and a marine dictionary (1841)
A naval or military revolt, or the act of rising against authority. Mutineers, are those persons who are wilfully concerned in a mutiny. MUZZLE. Of a gun, is the extreme end around the mouth. Muzzle-lashings, are used in housing guns, to secure ...
by Anthony Bruce, William Cogar
During the 18th and 19th centuries it had naval and other uses that did not require it to move. Hulks were often employed as GUARDSHIPs to protect a naval installation or anchorage. In wartime they might be used as BLOCKSHIPs by sinking ...
by Dean A. Stahl, Karen Landen
national; nautical; naval; neap; negative; nephew; nerve; nesting record exists (symbol); neuter; neutral; neutron; new; newly issued; next; night; night game (baseball); night/weekend ( rate); ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Naval
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Naval
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Naval Art
Photo credit: Andréia
- Balboa Naval Hospital Helioport
- Museu Naval
Photo credit: Jonas de Carvalho
- Academia Naval
Tio Chiquitin, papi te dio ese honor antes de irse. Honor a quien honor merece!
Photo credit: felicidade
- Museu Naval
Photo credit: Jonas de Carvalho
View more pictures about Naval Academy.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Naval
Click on an item to play that video:
- Naval Terminology
- Naval Terminology Origins - ADMIRAL
Naval Terminology Origins ADMIRAL: An Admiral is the senior ranking flag officer in the U.S. Navy, but his title comes from the name given the senior ranking ...
- Education Book Review: Jackspeak: A Guide to British Naval Slang and Usage by Rick Jolly, Tugg
- Naval Meaning
Video shows what naval means. Of or relating to a navy.. naval pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary dictionary. naval meaning. Powered ...
- Naval mine Meaning
Video shows what naval mine means. An explosive device placed in the water and intended to destroy or deter vessels. (See mine.). Naval mine Meaning.
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = For naval use
- Architects, Except Landscape and Naval Job Description
Architects, Except Landscape and Naval Job Description.
- Yorktown from 'Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships' by The U.S. Naval Historical Center
- Christina Williams, Naval Supp Facility Dahlgren, performs "Love In Any Language"
- Dictionary of Military and Naval Quotations
See also the pronunciation examples of Naval!
Quotes about Naval
Scrabble value of N1A1V4A1L1
The value of this 5-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of NAVAL
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Naval!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Naval to see it in context!