On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun nepali
What does nepali mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: Nepalis
- a native or inhabitant of Nepal
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonym of Nepali: Nepalese
- more generic words: Asian / Asiatic = a native or inhabitant of Asia
- more specific word: Gurkha = a member of Hindu people descended from brahmins and Rajputs who live in Nepal
- member of: Kingdom of Nepal / Nepal = a small landlocked Asian country high in the Himalayas between India and China
- the official state language of Nepal; also a regional language of India and one of India's constitutional languages
Alternative definition of the noun nepali
- A person from Nepal or of Nepali descent.
- synonym: Nepalese
Definition of the adjective nepali
What does nepali mean as an attribute of a noun?
- of or pertaining to or characteristic of Nepal or its people or language or culture
"Nepali" is a Tamil film featuring Bharath and Meera Jasmine in the lead roles, released in 2008. Bharath plays three different roles in the movie produced and directed by V.Z.Durai. The film has music by Srikanth Deva and was shot in Ooty, Chennai and Hyderabad. The film was released on April 10, 2008. The movie was panned by the critics and bombed at the box office.
- country: India
- language: Tamil Language
- director: V. Z. Durai
- written by V. Z. Durai
- cinematography by R. Madhi
- music by Srikanth Deva
- genres: Romance Film, Tamil cinema, World cinema
- released on (6 years ago)
- Nepali a.k.a. Karthik is a fictional character from the 2008 film Nepali.
- read more about Karthik
- Nepali is a fictional character from the 2008 film Nepali.
Who is Nepali?
Nepali a.k.a. Satyanshu Singh is a screenwriter, writer and film director.
- read more about Satyanshu Singh (film director)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Nepali
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Nepali [-li] Dutch [dAtl] New Zealand ( attrib) Nigerian Norwegian [no:'wi:d33n] Pakistan (attrib), Pakistani [-ni] Palestinian [pab'stinian] , Para'guayan Peruvian [-vianj Philippine (attrib), Filipino [fih'pi:nou] ...
An Anglo-Indian Dictionary (1885)
A Glossary of Indian Terms Used in English, and of Such English Or Other Non-Indian Terms as Have Obtained Special Meanings in India by George Clifford Whitworth
Nepali. An inhabitant of Nepal or an emigrant from that country. The principal Nepali tribes are the Gur- khas, the Gurungs, the Newars and Limbus, the Kiratis, the Bhutias, the Lepchas. Also the name of the language of the country, which is a ...
by Bruno Nettl, Ruth M. Stone, James Porter, Timothy Rice
Cross-Cultural Psychoacoustics Nepali Shamanism Goddess Spirit Possession Sufi Ecstasy In South Asia sound is generally believed to invoke or represent symbolically the unseen power of the universe. Ritual music, the encoded, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Nepali
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Nepali
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Nepali Food
Photo credit: anantal
- Nepali girl
Photo credit: francesbean
- Nepali Woman
Another shot from the archives.
Photo credit: LukePricePhotography
- Nepali Coast
Nice place for a hike!
Photo credit: jeffk
- A Nepali in Guangzhou
Photo credit: NatCau2016
- Nepali girls
Photo credit: sLENGfJES
- Nepali Star Scape
Photo credit: Annu Tara
- Nepali architecture (palace)
Photo credit: Francisco Anzola
- Nepali Coolies
Photo credit: paulhami
- Nepali Wiring
near the Toothache God, Kathmandu
Photo credit: gregw66
- Nepali hillside
Photo credit: fairlybuoyant
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Scrabble value of N1E1P3A1L1I1
The value of this 6-letter word is 8 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of NEPALI
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Nepali!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Nepali to see it in context!