The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun newspaper publisher:
On this page:
Definition of the noun newspaper publisher
What does newspaper publisher mean as a name of something?
- the proprietor of a newspaper
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonym of newspaper publisher: publisher
- more generic words: owner / proprietor = someone who owns (is legal possessor of) a business
- more specific term: press lord = a powerful newspaper proprietor
- William Maxwell Aitken / 1st Baron Beaverbrook / Beaverbrook = British newspaper publisher and politician
- Alfred Charles William Harmsworth / Viscount Northcliffe / Harmsworth = British newspaper publisher
- Benjamin Harris / Harris = publisher of the first newspaper printed in America
- William Randolph Hearst / Hearst = United States newspaper publisher whose introduction of large headlines and sensational reporting changed American journalism
- Joseph Pulitzer / Pulitzer = United States newspaper publisher (born in Hungary) who established the Pulitzer prizes
- James Edmund Scripps / Scripps = United States newspaper publisher and half-brother of Edward Wyllis Scripps
- Edward Wyllis Scripps / Scripps = United States newspaper publisher who founded an important press association
- a business firm that publishes newspapers
Newspaper Publisher is a fictional character from the 1961 film Return to Peyton Place.
Newspaper publisher is a profession.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Newspaper publisher
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Caryn Hannan
– Newspaper publisher MILLER, PERRY GILBERT ...
by Stephen L. Vaughn
“Webelieve thata dictatorship ofDenver's newspaper field by theDenver Post wouldbe nothing lessthan a blight,” said famed newspaper publisher Roy Howardat the time. Each newspaper tried furiously to putthe other outof business, with the ...
by Ross Eaman
Newspaper publisher E. W. Scripps made a personal appeal to President Woodrow Wilson to grant XXXii ° CH RONOLOGY.
A Dictionary of Journalism (2014)
by Tony Harcup
In 2013 it was the UK's fourth biggest regional newspaper publisher in terms of *circulation (at almost 5 ...
Encyclopedia of Journalism (2009)
by Christopher H. Sterling
newspaper publisher in terms of total circulation in ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Newspaper publisher
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Newspaper publisher
If you need images about Newspaper publisher for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Quotes about Newspaper publisher
I had brought up from Chile a contract agent whose cover was that of a newspaper publisher in Santiago, a young, very talented man, named Dave Phillips, who later on carved quite a career for himself in the agency. (E. Howard Hunt)
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Newspaper publisher to see it in context!