On this page:
Ngala is a local government area of Borno State, Nigeria. Its headquarters are in the town of Gamboru Ngala.
- Ngala a.k.a. Lingala Language: Lingala is a Bantu language spoken throughout the northwestern part of the Democratic Republic of the Congo and a large part of the Republic of the Congo, as well as to some degree in Angola and the Central African Republic. It has over 10 million speakers.
- read more about Lingala Language
- Ngala a.k.a. Bangala language: Bangala is a Bantu language spoken in the northeast corner of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, in South Sudan, and the extreme western part of Uganda. A divergent form of Lingala, it is used as a lingua franca by people with different languages and rarely as a first language. The estimated number of speakers varies between 2 and 3.5 million. It is spoken to the east and northeast of the area where Lingala is spoken.
- read more about Bangala language
- Ngala a.k.a. Mangala is an human language.
- read more about Mangala
- Ngala a.k.a. Nga La Language: Nga La, also known as Matu Chin and Haltu, is a Kukish language of Burma and India.
- read more about Nga La Language
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ngala
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
International Perspectives by J. Duncan, S. One
Ngala is a notforprofit organization providing integrated services for families and children. Ngala takes its name from an Aboriginal word from the Bibbulmun dialect meaning we two, mother ...
Yir-Yoront Lexicon (1991)
Sketch and Dictionary of an Australian Language by Barry Alpher
NGALA (Particle) Usual postconsonantal and intonation-initial alternant ALA. Prepredicate; verbs with this particle are Imperative. Etymology: YTh. ngv'la; cf. also Warungu and GBadhun ngalnga ...
by Khomdan Singh Lisam
Ngala long : (Girls Dormitory) Ngalalong is the dormitory for the girls. Ngala means maiden and Long means group or association. In most cases, separate quarters are provided attached to the house of a clan head or a rich man who act as a ...
Encyclopedia of Africa (2010)
by Anthony Appiah, Henry Louis Gates
The Ngala primarily inhabit northwestern Congo-Kinshasa and neighboring Congo-Brazzaville. Others live inAngola. They speak a Bantu language, Lingala, which serves as a means of communication among different peoples in western ...
by Edward Horace Man
enyan- ngala, forsake. enyah ; la - enyah ; enyah - ngala ; enyah-ngayan, after (in time), afterwards, later on, since (prep.) by- and-by, next lime, some other time. — - ngala, follow.
Grammar and Dictionary of the Bobangi Language as Spoken Over a Part of the Upper Congo, West Central Africa (1899)
Comp. and Prepared for the Baptist Missionary Society's Mission in the Congo Independent State by John Whitehead (Baptist missionary.)
lônga- ngala. Straighten, vt., eêbolo, sembö- la. by bending ...
by Edward Horace Man
enyan-ngala, forsake. enyah ; 1s - enyah ; enyéh - ngala; enyah-ngayan, after ...
A Nika-English Dictionary (1887)
by Johann Ludwig Krapf, Johannes Rebmann
Ngala, ». (ya, za). Ngala ya dzere. Ngama, »., white clay, mari. Manda wa gnania una kilongo, u-nga munda wa ngama, ma- dzerege ni masillo. Kunzine ni ngama, kungine ni luza- nga.
An Introduction to Austronesian Studies by Darrell T. Tryon
Until 1961, Paamese was also spoken on the neighbouring island of Lopevi, but after the volcano on the island erupted, the population moved permanently to Ngala, on the island of Epi to the south. Although Paama is a small island, only ...
Anthropological Report on the Ibo-speaking Peoples of Nigeria: English-Ibo and Ibo-English dictionary (1913)
by Northcote Whitridge Thomas
dear, ngala, 6ya'. death, $nwu. death agony, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ngala
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Ngala
Click on an item to view that photo:
Videos about Ngala
Click on an item to play that video:
View more videos about Ngala language.
Scrabble value of N1G2A1L1A1
The value of this 5-letter word is 6 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of NGALA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Ngala!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ngala to see it in context!